Qanon shaman...likely to get a new trial considering the government withheld video evidence from the defense....

You keep saying it isn't exculpatory, yet you are not one of the defense attorneys who may have been able to use that video to argue for a lesser charge. That's the point, you simply DON'T want the video used, because your bias is to see him punished as severely as possible.
No one is able to explain how it could be used to argue for a lesser charge. Chansley committed his crime as soon as he flooded into the Capitol doors that the rioters broke down. His behavior after that crime is irrelevant.

This isn't justification, these are facts.

The video isn't exculpatory and none of you morons can explain how it is. You are just mindlessly dedicated to your bullshit narrative.
We are not his defense attorneys, and you are not either. Whether they could use the video or not should have been THEIR call, not the prosecution's. The point is, they withheld video showing the defendant's actions at the scene during the incident, and the defense should have had it.

Saying it's exculpatory doesn't make it exculpatory.

The fact is that Chansley was one of the first people to flood into the Capitol as the doors were broken down. He did it to disrupt the Congressional proceedings.

These are facts. The video doesn't change that.
You blathering on to take up space doesn’t mean the video is not exculpatory.

No one is able to explain how it could be used to argue for a lesser charge. Chansley committed his crime as soon as he flooded into the Capitol doors that the rioters broke down. His behavior after that crime is irrelevant.
Judges and juries are ordinary people and can be swayed by video evidence. The point is, his attorneys were denied access to evidence that COULD have been used to get a more favorable outcome for their client. Instead of plea bargaining, maybe they would have gone to trial. Who knows? The point is, they were denied access to it, even after requesting it multiple times.

We are not his defense attorneys, and you are not either. Whether they could use the video or not should have been THEIR call, not the prosecution's. The point is, they withheld video showing the defendant's actions at the scene during the incident, and the defense should have had it.
Merely wanting something is not justification to getting it.

Brady v Maryland demands that anything potentially exculpatory be turned over. If it's not potentially exculpatory, it doesn't have to be turned over.

You blathering on to take up space doesn’t mean the video is not exculpatory.
I've explained numerous times why it's not exculpatory. If someone has a counter argument, I've not heard it.

Merely wanting something is not justification to getting it.

Brady v Maryland demands that anything potentially exculpatory be turned over. If it's not potentially exculpatory, it doesn't have to be turned over.
Video showing the defendant's actions at the scene of the incident is potentially exculpatory. It's up to the defense if they want to use it as part of their defense strategy.

Judges and juries are ordinary people and can be swayed by video evidence. The point is, his attorneys were denied access to evidence that COULD have been used to get a more favorable outcome for their client. Instead of plea bargaining, maybe they would have gone to trial. Who knows? The point is, they were denied access to it, even after requesting it multiple times.
How would this video have swayed anyone?

Video showing the defendant's actions at the scene of the incident is potentially exculpatory.
I'm not talking about this in general terms. I'm asking how THIS video is potentially exculpatory.

I've explained numerous times why it's not exculpatory. If someone has a counter argument, I've not heard it.
You're not one of his defense attorneys and you were not present when they were planning their strategy. We will never know if they would have done something different if they had it, but the prosecution denied it.

You're not one of his defense attorneys and you were not present when they were planning their strategy. We will never know if they would have done something different if they had it, but the prosecution denied it.
If the defense wants to argue that this video was potentially exculpatory, they have to explain how it was potentially exculpatory to a judge. They don't get anything just because they want it. They have to explain why they are entitled to it.

Prove the prosecution refused to turn over the video.

How would this video have swayed anyone?
Judges and juries are ordinary people. If the defense had the video, they MAY have decided it would have an impact and they MAY have decided to go to trial, or they MAY have fought for a better plea deal. That's the point, they were denied access.

You'll have to excuse Marener.
He knows everything about everything.

His actions at the scene were known.
The prosecution deliberately withheld evidence showing his actions at the scene.

“We did not receive that video footage,” Watkins said. “We asked for it, and not just once or twice. Whether we asked for it or not is irrelevant because the government had an absolute, non-compromisible duty to disclose that video and they did not do so.”

Judges and juries are ordinary people. If the defense had the video, they MAY have decided it would have an impact and they MAY have decided to go to trial, or they MAY have fought for a better plea deal. That's the point, they were denied access.
Judges are not ordinary people. They need to have a reason before they accept your assertion.

So again, "how"?

The prosecution deliberately withheld evidence showing his actions at the scene.

“We did not receive that video footage,” Watkins said. “We asked for it, and not just once or twice. Whether we asked for it or not is irrelevant because the government had an absolute, non-compromisible duty to disclose that video and they did not do so.”
And did the government have a deadline for providing this video?

Judges are not ordinary people. They need to have a reason before they accept your assertion.

So again, "how"?
I'm not the defense attorney. They requested the evidence and were denied it. They would make the case, not me. I'm saying they should have had the choice because there was NO GOOD REASON to withhold it.

I'm not the defense attorney and neither are you.
No, but I have eyes and logic with which to make an opinion.

If you can't argue how it's exculpatory, you can't argue that it needed to be turned over.

Forum List

Back