Question about carrying guns

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Police investigate accidental shooting at Idaho State University - KPVI News 6 - Pocatello ID

According to Lieutenant McCoy with the Pocatello Police Department, officers responded to campus just before 4:00 PM Tuesday to a report of shots fired. Police say an unnamed professor with an enhanced concealed carry permit accidentally discharged his weapon.
The professor was injured. Police say those injuries are non-life threatening. The investigation is ongoing but Lieutenant McCoy says the professor could possibly face a charge of discharging a fire arm within city limits.

Yes, its yet another news article about yet another Darwin candidate who accidentally shot himself with his own gun. Let's just be grateful he didn't hit anything important.

But -

Don't most cities have laws against shooting guns inside city limits?

Police investigate accidental shooting at Idaho State University - KPVI News 6 - Pocatello ID

Yes, its yet another news article about yet another Darwin candidate who accidentally shot himself with his own gun. Let's just be grateful he didn't hit anything important.

But -

Don't most cities have laws against shooting guns inside city limits?

Many do.

But this incident alone proves we need more. Some places need at least a dozen laws. What they don't seem to have is any intention of enforcing the ones that exist - only a frantic jonesing to write more.

I guess they're just frustrated bloggers......maybe banned from discussion sites so expending their juices on real people instead.

Need more what?

Laws?

Laws against what? Discharging firearms inside city limits? Or idiots who don't know where the safety is on their big, shiny, new penis handgun?

Well...are you familiar with modern firearms...? quite a few of them don't have an external "safety." One brand in particular has one...the M & P shield, although even with that one you can get it without the safety.

Need more what?

Laws?

Laws against what? Discharging firearms inside city limits? Or idiots who don't know where the safety is on their big, shiny, new penis handgun?
It's a shame your father didn't know where his was. Or that your mother wasn't as liberal as you are, abortion wise.

Go away Luddly, you stink the place up.

Well...are you familiar with modern firearms...? quite a few of them don't have an external "safety." One brand in particular has one...the M & P shield, although even with that one you can get it without the safety.

No, actually, I'm not. I have a collection of firearms including a .38 Victory M&P that I haven't even touched in maybe 30 years.

So?

tumblr_mk7wgh5Z4E1qabj53o1_1280.jpg

No, actually, I'm not. I have a collection of firearms including a .38 Victory M&P that I haven't even touched in maybe 30 years.

So?

that's a revolver, the pistol he spoke of is a semi auto. do you wet yourself when you look at those weapons?

or does that happen only upon worrying that others are carrying them?

What if I had a permit to discharge my firearm within city limits? What would you then smarty pants? Hmmm?

(Luddy is just TOO over the top with all his Homo references.)

most liberals are anti gunners and anti prayer.
But when they become a victim the first thing they do is call someone with a gun and prays that they will hurry up and get there.

most liberals are anti gunners and anti prayer.
But when they become a victim the first thing they do is call someone with a gun and prays that they will hurry up and get there.

gun banners expect men with guns to enforce gun ban laws. that is why I advocate-if the shit hits the fan, that patriot gun owners not fight back against those ordered to confiscate guns but to target the advocates of gun bans since they are what we call soft targets.

Typically there are laws against discharging firearms within city limits. But it is usually a minor charge, and most elect to let things slide when the shot fired was unintentional.

Typically there are laws against discharging firearms within city limits. But it is usually a minor charge, and most elect to let things slide when the shot fired was unintentional.

Well I should think that the act of accidently shooting oneself (or a loved one) is quite enough punishment in itself. A bit petty to then charge them with a financial fine for the mistake.

That said, at least where I live (a bit rural,) the firing a gun off in city limits law is only prosecuted in certain situations. We seem to take a more realistic look at each individual case; potential harm to others, why it was fired, etc.

Well I should think that the act of accidently shooting oneself (or a loved one) is quite enough punishment in itself. A bit petty to then charge them with a financial fine for the mistake.

That said, at least where I live (a bit rural,) the firing a gun off in city limits law is only prosecuted in certain situations. We seem to take a more realistic look at each individual case; potential harm to others, why it was fired, etc.

Except that since he accidentally shot himself, it was pure chance that he didn't shoot anyone else.

Never mind carrying a loaded gun around with you. Clearly, there are some who should not be allowed out of their homes alone.

Except that since he accidentally shot himself, it was pure chance that he didn't shoot anyone else.

Never mind carrying a loaded gun around with you. Clearly, there are some who should not be allowed out of their homes alone.

Did you miss the part in the specific incident where they said he might be charged with discharging the weapon in city limits?

As for 'MY' area, it is actually encouraged that you carry a loaded gun with you if are on the fringes of the city. It seems that grizzlies, blacks, wolves, and moose have very little consideration of the fact that they are a) within city limits where shooting a gun is 'illegal,' and b) their attempts to kill/attack a person are 'illegal' in all locations. It would be nice if we could reason with those animals and teach them to abide by our rules, and it is a shame that we cannot teach other humans to not act like those animals in disobeying our laws.

Did you miss the part in the specific incident where they said he might be charged with discharging the weapon in city limits?

As for 'MY' area, it is actually encouraged that you carry a loaded gun with you if are on the fringes of the city. It seems that grizzlies, blacks, wolves, and moose have very little consideration of the fact that they are a) within city limits where shooting a gun is 'illegal,' and b) their attempts to kill/attack a person are 'illegal' in all locations. It would be nice if we could reason with those animals and teach them to abide by our rules, and it is a shame that we cannot teach other humans to not act like those animals in disobeying our laws.

best all around pistol if you have to worry about bears,wolves, and assholes

Glock 20 in 10 MM. no standard pistol on earth has as much firepower as a GLock 20 with a 15 round magazine of hot 10mm. The big SW revolvers shoot much heavier loads but they only hold 5 shots, are slow to reload, slow for follow up shots etc.

with a GLOCK 20 I can fire 15 accurate shots in less than 4 seconds and reload it in less than 2. in ten seconds 30 nasty bullets with the same velocity of the 41 magnum down range and on target-in the same amount of time you might get off with one of those 5 shot SW cannons.

I doubt there is any critter on earth that can take 30 hits from a 10MM magnum and be still moving

best all around pistol if you have to worry about bears,wolves, and assholes

Glock 20 in 10 MM. no standard pistol on earth has as much firepower as a GLock 20 with a 15 round magazine of hot 10mm. The big SW revolvers shoot much heavier loads but they only hold 5 shots, are slow to reload, slow for follow up shots etc.

with a GLOCK 20 I can fire 15 accurate shots in less than 4 seconds and reload it in less than 2. in ten seconds 30 nasty bullets with the same velocity of the 41 magnum down range and on target-in the same amount of time you might get off with one of those 5 shot SW cannons.

I doubt there is any critter on earth that can take 30 hits from a 10MM magnum and be still moving

We have a custom light weight 45 specifically in event that "I" would be required to use it to use it. I actually leave the proper placement of the single bullet needed to put down an errant bear or moose to my husband when out and about. I believe a mild variance of proper shot placement on my part should be sufficient to deter an asshole though heh

Forum List

Back