Question about Noah.

however, that is still devastating to the reliability and accuracy of the bibles.
sweety, it doesn't even shake the branches.....the only folks it bothers are the atheists who need literalism to give themselves a chance at arguing........
So you're saying that the bible is bullshit? Don't believe anything you read?

Hollie, I'm glad your here. Tell me, how do amino acids know if they are left handed or right handed, and know where to attach to a strand of DNA?
Amino acids don't know any such thing.

How did Noah's pleasure cruise happen just a few thousand years ago when civilizations / cultures txt existed at that time have no history of such an event?

Was it the magic of your gawds?
Well, the flood was a large but regional event. That's how.

So really it was just a lake and all he did was round up two chickens, goats, cows, horses, camels, dogs and cats and pigs and the story was embellished?

How come no one wrote about Jesus back in the day?
I neither know, nor care.

Basically Christianity started out as a cult. 11 guys.
Yup. And again, that doesn't matter.

Why? Maybe they made it up in the year 80? We know the bible(s) were written long after Jesus supposedly died on the cross and it was hearsay. In fact most would agree that it didn't even go from the 11's mouths to the writers pen. It wouldn't even be like if I told you I saw god. The men who wrote the bible were told the stories from their forefathers who didn't even see it themselves. Then take into account the Catholic Church heavily altered the bible. God knows if any of it is true. Even the Mormons admit all this about traditional Christianity. That's why god told Joseph Smith to start a new church. And I believe god told Mohammad this very same thing 500 years ago.

Amazing the fact that the entire story is bullshit never crosses your minds.

One more thing. The coming of a Messiah is in the Old Testament. It was very easy for the people who wrote the bible to follow the script or prophecy. Swear the Messiah came. How come so few of the Jews converted and they literally saw Jesus do what he do? Supposedly a lot of people saw Jesus. But his following didn't start in year 1 of his death. It actually started to gain serious numbers 80 years later, in other countries. So the 11 spread their lies and the dumb people in the most remote parts of the world swallowed it. It's even written in the bible, don't ask for proof. How convenient. So our ancestors swallowed a lie and you are still swallowing it and you want us to also?

Since the bible thumpers don't believe in evolution, they can't say they just evolved.
???....do you believe blacks and asians are a different species than Aryans?.......there were some folks who agreed with you that governed Germany once.....
They are different races that weren't on Noah's boat. So how did they get here? Evolution? :eek:
it would appear its a result of the effect the sun has upon human skin over many generations.......evolution is a theory that explains the development of new species.....I don't believe that Africans are a different species than Caucasians........

Let's see here, the last global extinction nocked the human down to 28,000.....in Africa, what color should I think these people were. It seems to me that the lack of heat and sunshine turned black people white.

Wasn't the last one the one that killed the dinosaurs? We were just small hairy rodent size animals back then. That's how long ago the dinosaurs were ruling this planet. Had they not gotten wiped out our species may not have ever happened. I wonder if/when we kill ourselves from war or pollution, what new life form will rule after us? Because the planet will be just fine. So will cockroaches and single cell organism.

So why did god put the dinosaurs on earth for millions of years before us and then wipe them out? Did they sin?

Hollie, I'm glad your here. Tell me, how do amino acids know if they are left handed or right handed, and know where to attach to a strand of DNA?

How did Noah's pleasure cruise happen just a few thousand years ago when civilizations / cultures txt existed at that time have no history of such an event?

So really it was just a lake and all he did was round up two chickens, goats, cows, horses, camels, dogs and cats and pigs and the story was embellished?
The ingredients are all there. Add a dash of a seasonal high tide or a sprinkle of soaking rain, mix in some animals looking for high ground and you have the fixins' of a tale. Add a heapin' helpin' of tales recited from generation to generation with a tablespoon of imaginative embellishments and you have the "Fable of Ark'ness", as opposed to the fable of Loch Ness.

The ingredients are all there. Add a dash of a seasonal high tide or a sprinkle of soaking rain, mix in some animals looking for high ground and you have the fixins' of a tale. Add a heapin' helpin' of tales recited from generation to generation with a tablespoon of imaginative embellishments and you have the "Fable of Ark'ness", as opposed to the fable of Loch Ness.

Aren't some Christians trying to start the rumor that god talked to George Washington? And GW Bush said god told him what to do and look at how that worked out for us.

If there was a flood and Noah didn't have any asians or blacks on his boat, where did all the asians and blacks come from?

Whom did Cain and Abel marry and have children with? The Bible is a set of stories passed down over many generations. There actually is evidence of a catastrophic flood, but it did not flood the entire world, just most of the Middle East.
So you're saying that the bible is bullshit?

Not at all. Just saying that many of the stories or descriptions of events are not all literal. To Noah, his entire world would have been flooded. That does not mean that all of Asia, Australia, and North and South America were flooded also. At that time, Noah didn't even know those parts of the world existed.

If there was a flood and Noah didn't have any asians or blacks on his boat, where did all the asians and blacks come from?

Whom did Cain and Abel marry and have children with? The Bible is a set of stories passed down over many generations. There actually is evidence of a catastrophic flood, but it did not flood the entire world, just most of the Middle East.
So you're saying that the bible is bullshit?

Not at all. Just saying that many of the stories or descriptions of events are not all literal. To Noah, his entire world would have been flooded. That does not mean that all of Asia, Australia, and North and South America were flooded also. At that time, Noah didn't even know those parts of the world existed.

Or that he was talking to himself because god doesn't exist. Maybe he just had a lucky hunch? Maybe a flood nearly drowned them before the Great Flood?

He sort of reminds me of a guy who's paranoid and builds a bomb shelter and turns out he lived in Hiroshima. Of course when he crawls out of the hole he dug he's going to tell everyone it was god who told him to build it.

Hollie you should sue your brain for non-support.

Amino acids of either of these two types can easily bond with one another. But one astonishing fact that has been revealed by research is that all the proteins in plants and animals on this planet, from the simplest organism to the most complex, are made up of left-handed amino acids. If even a single right-handed amino acid gets attached to the structure of a protein, the protein is rendered useless. In a series of experiments, surprisingly, bacteria that were exposed to right-handed amino acids immediately destroyed them. In some cases, they produced usable left-handed amino acids from the fractured components.

Let us for an instant suppose that life came about by chance as evolutionists claim it did. In this case, the right- and left-handed amino acids that were generated by chance should be present in roughly equal proportions in nature. Therefore, all living things should have both right- and left-handed amino acids in their constitution, because chemically it is possible for amino acids of both types to combine with each other. However, as we know, in the real world the proteins existing in all living organisms are made up only of left-handed amino acids.

The question of how proteins can pick out only the left-handed ones from among all amino acids, and how not even a single right-handed amino acid gets involved in the life process, is a problem that still baffles evolutionists. Such a specific and conscious selection constitutes one of the greatest impasses facing the theory of evolution.

Moreover, this characteristic of proteins makes the problem facing evolutionists with respect to "chance" even worse. In order for a "meaningful" protein to be generated, it is not enough for the amino acids to be present in a particular number and sequence, and to be combined together in the right three-dimensional design. Additionally, all these amino acids have to be left-handed: not even one of them can be right-handed. Yet there is no natural selection mechanism which can identify that a right-handed amino acid has been added to the sequence and recognize that it must therefore be removed from the chain. This situation once more eliminates for good the possibility of coincidence and chance.

The Britannica Science Encyclopaedia, which is an outspoken defender of evolution, states that the amino acids of all living organisms on earth, and the building blocks of complex polymers such as proteins, have the same left-handed asymmetry. It adds that this is tantamount to tossing a coin a million times and always getting heads. The same encyclopaedia states that it is impossible to understand why molecules become left-handed or right-handed, and that this choice is fascinatingly related to the origin of life on earth.

Maybe you can solve the problem:
Life s Left-Handed Amino Acids Still A Puzzle - Forbes

Hollie you should sue your brain for non-support.

Amino acids of either of these two types can easily bond with one another. But one astonishing fact that has been revealed by research is that all the proteins in plants and animals on this planet, from the simplest organism to the most complex, are made up of left-handed amino acids. If even a single right-handed amino acid gets attached to the structure of a protein, the protein is rendered useless. In a series of experiments, surprisingly, bacteria that were exposed to right-handed amino acids immediately destroyed them. In some cases, they produced usable left-handed amino acids from the fractured components.

Let us for an instant suppose that life came about by chance as evolutionists claim it did. In this case, the right- and left-handed amino acids that were generated by chance should be present in roughly equal proportions in nature. Therefore, all living things should have both right- and left-handed amino acids in their constitution, because chemically it is possible for amino acids of both types to combine with each other. However, as we know, in the real world the proteins existing in all living organisms are made up only of left-handed amino acids.

The question of how proteins can pick out only the left-handed ones from among all amino acids, and how not even a single right-handed amino acid gets involved in the life process, is a problem that still baffles evolutionists. Such a specific and conscious selection constitutes one of the greatest impasses facing the theory of evolution.

Moreover, this characteristic of proteins makes the problem facing evolutionists with respect to "chance" even worse. In order for a "meaningful" protein to be generated, it is not enough for the amino acids to be present in a particular number and sequence, and to be combined together in the right three-dimensional design. Additionally, all these amino acids have to be left-handed: not even one of them can be right-handed. Yet there is no natural selection mechanism which can identify that a right-handed amino acid has been added to the sequence and recognize that it must therefore be removed from the chain. This situation once more eliminates for good the possibility of coincidence and chance.

The Britannica Science Encyclopaedia, which is an outspoken defender of evolution, states that the amino acids of all living organisms on earth, and the building blocks of complex polymers such as proteins, have the same left-handed asymmetry. It adds that this is tantamount to tossing a coin a million times and always getting heads. The same encyclopaedia states that it is impossible to understand why molecules become left-handed or right-handed, and that this choice is fascinatingly related to the origin of life on earth.

Maybe you can solve the problem:
Life s Left-Handed Amino Acids Still A Puzzle - Forbes
You should call one of your fundie creation ministries for an answer.

Strange how you get your science from non- science sources. Maybe that helps you think you can find a crack to jam your gawds into?

Otherwise, your amino acids conspiracy theory is one that is typically promoted by fundie Christians. The charlatans who pander to the science illiterate such as yourself make you look quite foolish.

How come no one wrote about Jesus back in the day? I mean NO ONE. Some say the Jews destroyed all evidence of Jesus but from the stories in the bible, Jesus was a very popular person. People near and far saw him do miracles. No Jewish, Greek or Arabic or Roman writers wrote about him or the event? You do realize that there were plenty of writers and historians 2000 years ago. Not one person wrote about Jesus. The people who did write about him wrote about him after the fact and only from hearsay evidence. The bibles were written at least 60 years after the fact by people who weren't even there. Not even first hand accounts. 2nd hand at best.

Basically Christianity started out as a cult. 11 guys. It grew because people back then were very gullible. Still are today. Had Christianity never started I suspect we'd all be Jews or whatever the Romans were back in Jesus' day.

Wrong on every point. His trial is recorded. His return is recorded. Philosophers tried to explain why the earth went dark at noon for 3 hours while He was on the cross.
Christianity began with hordes of people following Christ. He sent out 70 disciples in one day to various towns. People back then were very skeptical, not gullible. There was a messiah du jour back then. What distinguished Christ from the rest was the miracles He preformed, the healings and His return from the grave.

How come no one wrote about Jesus back in the day? I mean NO ONE. Some say the Jews destroyed all evidence of Jesus but from the stories in the bible, Jesus was a very popular person. People near and far saw him do miracles. No Jewish, Greek or Arabic or Roman writers wrote about him or the event? You do realize that there were plenty of writers and historians 2000 years ago. Not one person wrote about Jesus. The people who did write about him wrote about him after the fact and only from hearsay evidence. The bibles were written at least 60 years after the fact by people who weren't even there. Not even first hand accounts. 2nd hand at best.

Basically Christianity started out as a cult. 11 guys. It grew because people back then were very gullible. Still are today. Had Christianity never started I suspect we'd all be Jews or whatever the Romans were back in Jesus' day.

Wrong on every point. His trial is recorded. His return is recorded. Philosophers tried to explain why the earth went dark at noon for 3 hours while He was on the cross.
Christianity began with hordes of people following Christ. He sent out 70 disciples in one day to various towns. People back then were very skeptical, not gullible. There was a messiah du jour back then. What distinguished Christ from the rest was the miracles He preformed, the healings and His return from the grave.
Wrong as usual. You already acknowledge that people were skeptical (they were and are gullible- you for example).

There are no verifiable accounts of the jeebus performing miracles.

Lastly, there are no verifiable accounts of the Jeeb returning from the grave. The Jeeb was never buried. You didn't know that?

Your ignorance is not surprising.

Oh Hollie, quit before your stupidity becomes a Wikipedia standard.
Amino acids and their handedness isn't a conspiracy. Fundies have nothing to do with their being right handed or left handed. Fundies just know who is responsible for the phenomenon. You don't even know there is one. Just like you didn't know about Noah being in the Qur'an. :itsok:

Oh Hollie, quit before your stupidity becomes a Wikipedia standard.
Amino acids and their handedness isn't a conspiracy. Fundies have nothing to do with their being right handed or left handed. Fundies just know who is responsible for the phenomenon. You don't even know there is one. Just like you didn't know about Noah being in the Qur'an. :itsok:
Oh my, but you fundie zealots are a hoot. Your pointless cutting and pasting what you're clueless about is what lead me to expose your fraudulent and dishonest editing and parsing of "quotes" you stole from your fundamentalist x-tian ministries.

CB040 Left-handed amino acids

Claim CB040:
The twenty amino acids used by life are all the left-handed variety. This is very unlikely to have occurred by chance.

Source:
Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. 1985. Life--How Did It Get Here? Brooklyn, NY, pg. 43
Response:

1. The amino acids that are used in life, like most other aspects of living things, are very likely not the product of chance. Instead, they likely resulted from a selection process. A simple peptide replicator can amplify the proportion of a single handedness in an initially random mixture of left- and right-handed fragments (Saghatelian et al. 2001; TSRI 2001). Self-assemblies on two-dimensional surfaces can also amplify a single handedness (Zepik et al. 2002). Serine forms stable clusters of a single handedness which can select other amino acids of like handedness by subtituting them for serine; these clusters also incorporate other biologically important molecules such as glyceraldehyde, glucose, and phosphoric acid (Takats et al. 2003). An excess of handedness in one kind of amino acid catalyzes the handedness of other organic products, such as threose, which may have figured prominently in proto-life (Pizzarello and Weber 2004).
  2. Amino acids found in meteorites from space, which must have formed abiotically, also show significantly more of the left-handed variety, perhaps from circularly polarized UV light in the early solar system (Engel and Macko 1997; Cronin and Pizzarello 1999). The weak nuclear force, responsible for beta decay, produces only electrons with left-handed spin, and chemicals exposed to these electrons are far more likely to form left-handed crystals (Service 1999). Such mechanisms might also have been responsible for the prevalence of left-handed amino acids on earth.
  3. The first self-replicator may have had eight or fewer types of amino acids (Cavalier-Smith 2001). It is not all that unlikely that the same handedness might occur so few times by chance, especially if one of the amino acids was glycine, which has no handedness.
  4. Some bacteria use right-handed amino acids, too (McCarthy et al. 1998).

And:

NASA - NASA and University Researchers Find a Clue to How Life Turned Left

This is an artist's concept of excess left-hand aspartic acid created in asteroids and delivered to Earth via meteorite impacts. The line at the bottom is a chromatogram showing that left-hand aspartic acid (tall peak in the center, with diagram of left-hand aspartic acid molecule on top) was four times more abundant in the meteorite sample than right-hand aspartic acid (smaller peak to the left, with right-handed aspartic acid molecule on top). Credit: NASA/Hrybyk-Keith, Mary P.
Full-resolution image Researchers analyzing meteorite fragments that fell on a frozen lake in Canada have developed an explanation for the origin of life's handedness – why living things only use molecules with specific orientations. The work also gave the strongest evidence to date that liquid water inside an asteroid leads to a strong preference of left-handed over right-handed forms of some common protein amino acids in meteorites. The result makes the search for extraterrestrial life more challenging.

I know, right? You feel like an idiot.

So if a worldwide flood drowned everyone except Noah and his bunch, nobody's explained to me how we got blacks , asians, pigmies, indians... 110 pages in and still no answer. And why is there no evidence of a flood?

Hol, See what I mean? You cut and paste and then call it pointless. You keep running around in the same angry circle.
Do you not get from your cutting and pasting that science has moved from your erroneous soup guess, to outer space as the new more educated guess? Because they found out that amino acids are programed, and chance can't program, so they had to come with something else, somewhere else. Maybe aliens.

But as soon as they pick a new theory they run into the same wall. Regardless of where they come from, the question still exists. Who wrote their code?

I think you are out of your element ( :lol: ) trying to explain what science can't explain, and fundie is your best shot. And me pointing that out is less than Christian, and I don't like that, so fundy away. If you make a valid point or ask a germane question, I'll respond. I'll ignore the personal attacks, as a coping mechanism, and not something that requires a response.

Forum List

Back