Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A ruse by organized religion

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A good faith giving of money back to God/His Church

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Tithing is something that actually works. My question is: Why does the government want so much more than God asks for?

So you have no point to make. Got it.

If you ever do have a point to make, make it, and link it to a credible website. That's how it's done here.

Here in the States, that these videos are credible. But you do not recognize that, why? Mary Schweitzer is well known in the science community. And if she says that the process of fossilization studies needs to be rewritten, and then it needs to be done.

Mary Higby Schweitzer is a paleontologist at North Carolina State University, who is known for leading the groups that discovered the remains of blood cells in dinosaur fossils and later discovered soft tissue remains in the Tyrannosaurus rex specimen MOR 1125,[1][2] as well as evidence that the specimen was a gravid female when she died.[3] More recently, Schweitzer's work has shown molecular similarities between Tyrannosaurus remains and chickens, providing further evidence of the bird-dinosaur connection.[4] Mary Higby Schweitzer - Wikipedia

I don't have time to sit through 5 videos so you can attempt to make a point. If you want to make a point, make it in writing and link to a credible source/website, not a video. Otherwise, go bother someone else.

I believe that you are the one that had started bothering me. But if you were studying to become a $ 15 an hour scientist, that you will know that carbon dating is not accurate.

Since 1947, scientists have reckoned the ages of many old objects by measuring the amounts of radioactive carbon they contain. New research shows, however, that some estimates based on carbon may have erred by thousands of years. And tell your boss to get a higher speed internet provider. I know that some countries are still using 1/2 G dial up. I do not know any placed in the States that still uses low speed dial up that makes it hard to stream online videos. Unless they are 20 or more people using the same modem.

It is too soon to know whether the discovery will seriously upset the estimated dates of events like the arrival of human beings in the Western Hemisphere, scientists said. But it is already clear that the carbon method of dating will have to be recalibrated and corrected in some cases. ERRORS ARE FEARED IN CARBON DATING

CIA-agents-trolling-alternative-media-632x350.jpg

Radiocarbon dating is only used to date things as old as 50,000 years. It is not used to date dinosaur fossils. So you kind of fell on your face with that.
He knows what methods that they uses...

I can't tap into the mind of God. You'd have to ask someone closer to Him....

sure you can read what Jesus said.
Actually, the bible was written several generations after the facts, minimum. So everything Jesus "said" was hearsay.

One could say the same thing about virtually any journalist's quoting an interviewee, or virtually anything taught in history class. So what?
Journalists quoting interviewees several generations after the facts? Um...no.

Historians quoting famous people several generations after the facts? Um . . . yes. Don't think for a second that you're doing any sort of effective job hiding your hatred behind a pretense of disinterested rationality. For some reason, leftists and atheists always go for that dodge, and they always suck at it.

Let's just cut to the chase. I believe in God. I believe God has told me to tithe. You don't believe in God. You desperately need to tell me how stupid you think I am for believing in God, let alone following the instructions of the God you desperately need to mock. I think you're pathetically pathological and more annoying than an incontinent Chihuahua on an antique rug, and there is literally nothing that could ever happen in this world that would EVER make me give a shit what you think of my beliefs. This thread is not titled "Dumbshits Spew Hatred of Religion". Your posts are 100% utterly unrelated to the topic, and 200% of no interest to anyone here.

There. The obligatory conversation your sort insists on having every time any topic regarding religion comes up has now been completed. You may go.
I was pointing out that the bible's earliest FRAGMENTS are dated to several generations after the facts, making it all pretty much hearsay. You countered first with nonsense, then, when I pointed that out, you whip off a pissed off rant that discredits you further. Got anything else to add? :biggrin:

Actually, the bible was written several generations after the facts, minimum. So everything Jesus "said" was hearsay.

One could say the same thing about virtually any journalist's quoting an interviewee, or virtually anything taught in history class. So what?

Historians quoting famous people several generations after the facts? Um . . . yes. Don't think for a second that you're doing any sort of effective job hiding your hatred behind a pretense of disinterested rationality. For some reason, leftists and atheists always go for that dodge, and they always suck at it.

Let's just cut to the chase. I believe in God. I believe God has told me to tithe. You don't believe in God. You desperately need to tell me how stupid you think I am for believing in God, let alone following the instructions of the God you desperately need to mock. I think you're pathetically pathological and more annoying than an incontinent Chihuahua on an antique rug, and there is literally nothing that could ever happen in this world that would EVER make me give a shit what you think of my beliefs. This thread is not titled "Dumbshits Spew Hatred of Religion". Your posts are 100% utterly unrelated to the topic, and 200% of no interest to anyone here.

There. The obligatory conversation your sort insists on having every time any topic regarding religion comes up has now been completed. You may go.
I was pointing out that the bible's earliest FRAGMENTS are dated to several generations after the facts, making it all pretty much hearsay. You countered first with nonsense, then, when I pointed that out, you whip off a pissed off rant that discredits you further. Got anything else to add? :biggrin:
There are 10 early manuscripts on Julius Caesar's Gallic War, the first was written 1,000 years after the event. There are >24,000 New Testament written manuscripts. The first one was written with 25 years after the event.

There are 10 early manuscripts on Julius Caesar's Gallic War, the first was written 1,000 years after the event. There are >24,000 New Testament written manuscripts. The first one was written with 25 years after the event.
Nobody wrote that Julius Caesar created the universe..., so nobody really cares if it's true or not.

"For about sixty years now a tiny papyrus fragment of the Gospel of John has been the oldest "manuscript" of the New Testament. This manuscript (P52) has generally been dated to ca. A.D. 125"
Dating the Oldest New Testament Manuscripts

So you have no point to make. Got it.

If you ever do have a point to make, make it, and link it to a credible website. That's how it's done here.
Here in the States, that these videos are credible. But you do not recognize that, why? Mary Schweitzer is well known in the science community. And if she says that the process of fossilization studies needs to be rewritten, and then it needs to be done.

Mary Higby Schweitzer is a paleontologist at North Carolina State University, who is known for leading the groups that discovered the remains of blood cells in dinosaur fossils and later discovered soft tissue remains in the Tyrannosaurus rex specimen MOR 1125,[1][2] as well as evidence that the specimen was a gravid female when she died.[3] More recently, Schweitzer's work has shown molecular similarities between Tyrannosaurus remains and chickens, providing further evidence of the bird-dinosaur connection.[4] Mary Higby Schweitzer - Wikipedia
I don't have time to sit through 5 videos so you can attempt to make a point. If you want to make a point, make it in writing and link to a credible source/website, not a video. Otherwise, go bother someone else.
I believe that you are the one that had started bothering me. But if you were studying to become a $ 15 an hour scientist, that you will know that carbon dating is not accurate.

Since 1947, scientists have reckoned the ages of many old objects by measuring the amounts of radioactive carbon they contain. New research shows, however, that some estimates based on carbon may have erred by thousands of years. And tell your boss to get a higher speed internet provider. I know that some countries are still using 1/2 G dial up. I do not know any placed in the States that still uses low speed dial up that makes it hard to stream online videos. Unless they are 20 or more people using the same modem.

It is too soon to know whether the discovery will seriously upset the estimated dates of events like the arrival of human beings in the Western Hemisphere, scientists said. But it is already clear that the carbon method of dating will have to be recalibrated and corrected in some cases. ERRORS ARE FEARED IN CARBON DATING

CIA-agents-trolling-alternative-media-632x350.jpg

Radiocarbon dating is only used to date things as old as 50,000 years. It is not used to date dinosaur fossils. So you kind of fell on your face with that.
He knows what methods that they uses...

Apparently not.

Nobody wrote that Julius Caesar created the universe..., so nobody really cares if it's true or not.

"For about sixty years now a tiny papyrus fragment of the Gospel of John has been the oldest "manuscript" of the New Testament. This manuscript (P52) has generally been dated to ca. A.D. 125"
Dating the Oldest New Testament Manuscripts
So you don't believe in Julius Caesar?

"You countered with nonsense" = "I didn't like it, so I just assume it's wrong".

If you want to pretend the Bible is some strange anomaly of people writing about historical events after the fact, and that this has never happened in regards to anything else ever, that's your hobby horse, and you ride it. But don't expect me to be patient with and tolerant of your deliberate obtuseness - why do leftists think pretending to be too stupid to understand what people are saying is a valid debate tactic?

As for my "rant", the whole point was that there's nothing needing to be added. You want to attack Christianity, and do so in any thread you can find, whether it's apropos of the topic or not. We have that established now, as we have established the fact that I don't care and I think you're a delusional bigot. We're done.

Let me know if you decide to address the topic with something other than "Stop believing in God RIGHT NOW!!!" Buh-bye. :fu:

This is one in a billion things about organized religion that makes it corrupt and why Jesus would never be involved in any organized religion on earth today they are corrupt and all were created w/ evil intent

In the Bible were first hear of Abraham paying tithes to Melchizedek:

Genesis 14:18-20
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

The amount required as tithing is one tenth of all your increase:

Speaking of Melchizedek we read in Hebrews:

Hebrews 7:4-10
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Jacob also paid one tenth:

Genesis 28:22
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God’s house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

The Lord lets us know that we should pay tithes:

Matthew 23:23
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Here the Lord lets us know that tithing, although not as weighty a matter as judgment, mercy and faith, is still a matter of the law and is not to be left undone.

Tithing funds are used in building up the church of God on the earth. Offerings were those offerings offered up by the priestly class such as burnt offerings, sin offerings, heave offerings, etc. Today, an offering may be that which is given to help fund a worthy cause that is not part of tithing. My family gives, as a bare minimum, the cost of two or three meals as a fast offering to those who are needy of food and shelter.

There are blessings associated also with giving of tithes and offerings:

Malachi 3:7-12
7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back