Question for Dems and RINO's blaming the Freedom Caucus for the Upcoming "Shut Down:"

Sedition is overt conduct, such as speech or organization, that tends toward rebellion against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent toward, or insurrection against, established authority. Wikipedia

~S~
Pfffft!

Let Biden press charges against congressmen for not voting for more massive spending. That'd be fun.

Yes, so they can keep trying.

Can you imagine what the budgets would look like if not for a few congressfolk willing to at least try to hold the line?

"but honey, I tried not to cheat on you, can you imagine how many times I would not done so and it not" :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Simple question for you, why did they not try when the controlled all of Congress and the White House?

"but honey, I tried not to cheat on you, can you imagine how many times I would not done so and it not" :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Simple question for you, why did they not try when the controlled all of Congress and the White House?
They should have and they were wrong not to.

See how easy it is when one is NOT a partisan hack?

So, what are these dire consequences of a shut down that the voters are going to blame the FC for?

They should have and they were wrong not to.

See how easy it is when one is NOT a partisan hack?

So, why do you trust them now?

Most non partisan hacks know this is just an act so that mindless drones will vote for them again.

That'd be fun.
1695813876099.png

~S~

Some of your fellow Dems tried at least. One came very close to getting it right.

Bringing up a Senate rule about military promotions is meaningless. There is no House rule allowing less than fifty to over-ride 350+ when it comes to spending bills.

Surprisingly close. Well done!

He would not just be replaced as Speaker, which is what I think you mean. He would be replaced as a congressman, either by being primaried into oblivian or by having his voters stay home on election day.

In other words, Speaker McCarthy fears the reaction of the voters he represents. That is what is supposed to happen. He is their representative, get it?

The purpose of electing representatives is not so they can impress the New York Times by doing the bidding of the opposition party whose policies their voters find an anathema.

"Blame" them for what, exactly? Federal workers getting furloughed and having to stay home doing nothing? Most of them are staying home doing nothing most days anyway. Now they will do it five days a week instead of four.

The Freedom Caucus' voters will applaud them for "shutting down" the government. Even if they end up having to back down and sign a CR with no concessions, voters will know that they tried.

But of course they will get concessions. The borrow and spenders will have to give up something. CBS will do stories about downtrodden welfare rats having to make do with a crumb or two less, or pampered federal workers being bored all day at home. On the East and West Coast, tears will be shed for them. In middle America, people will roll their eyes and laugh.
McCarthy will not given in to the FC. He will open it to a clear floor vote this week. If he does not, then the American voter is going to blame the GOP

So, why do you trust them now?

Most non partisan hacks know this is just an act so that mindless drones will vote for them again.
When did I say I trusted them?

Sure it's an act. So long as they keep walking the walk I support them. When they start saying one thing and doing another I'll stop supporting them.

Right now, they are acting like they actually believe Republican talking points about fiscal responsibility. That's why the Dems, the RINO'S and the media are so mad at them. That's a sure sign they're doing the right thing.

When and if they start playing to the media and joining the Borrow and Spenders, I'll abandon them, or more correctly realize they have abandoned me.

So, anyway . . . you were going to tell me the dire consequences of a "shutdown?"

Last edited:
Yes, I confused you with someone who could back up his claims, like the one about soldiers not getting paid during a "shutdown."

Feel free to show me the post from me saying I would tell you the dire consequences of a "shutdown?"

Feel free to show me the post from me saying I would tell you the dire consequences of a "shutdown?"
Here is your Chicken Little post about the military not getting paid.

Post in thread 'Government Shutdown October 1st! Yay Republicans!' Government Shutdown October 1st! Yay Republicans!

So, other than that, you dont predict dire consequences from a shutdown, then? Good. Enough people are lying about that.

There are 100 US Senators and one of them can hold up military promotions.

Both the House and Senate have stupid fucking rules that allow this to happen
He’s just holding up unanimous consent for all the appointments at once. Schumer can bring the appointments up for vote any time he wants. It’s such a risk to our national security they are just going to wait it out………

Also the House and Senate are 2 different bodies with different rules.

He’s just holding up unanimous consent for all the appointments at once. Schumer can bring the appointments up for vote any time he wants. It’s such a risk to our national security they are just going to wait it out………

Doing each individually requires at least 2 days of debate. There are 270 stopped by Tubberville right now. If the Senate did nothing but confirm these appointments one by one, it would take until 2026 to approve them all.

Doing each individually requires at least 2 days of debate. There are 270 stopped by Tubberville right now. If the Senate did nothing but confirm these appointments one by one, it would take until 2026 to approve them all.
Given the policies promoted by the Generals under Biden, it would seem only prudent to vett each one of them, rather than en masse promote them. We're not talking about ol' Sarge Gator finally getting a rocker under his stripes as a pre-retirement gift. Were talking about senior level management who shape out military.

You really want that to be this guy?

I don't.

I want a general who knows military history. One who will say, "I don't care what some blue haired Gen Xer in on the staff of some White House advisor thinks about the thousands of gender he imagines has no connection to biological sex. No, I don't know what "demi-gender" means, and neither does anyone else. So the Air Force Academy will not be teaching about it, while I'm in charge!"

Your beloved Twoparties seems determined to get us into yet another endless war, this time in Europe. Do you really want to send a bunch of crying t-girls and 'roided up "transmen" into combat against the Ruskies?

Or are you assuming/hoping that this New Woke Military will never have to fight and therefore we will never find out whether diversity is really strength?

Given the policies promoted by the Generals under Biden, it would seem only prudent to vett each one of them, rather than en masse promote them. We're not talking about ol' Sarge Gator finally getting a rocker under his stripes as a pre-retirement gift. Were talking about senior level management who shape out military.

You really want that to be this guy?

I don't.

I want a general who knows military history. One who will say, "I don't care what some blue haired Gen Xer in on the staff of some White House advisor thinks about the thousands of gender he imagines has no connection to biological sex. No, I don't know what "demi-gender" means, and neither does anyone else. So the Air Force Academy will not be teaching about it, while I'm in charge!"

Your beloved Twoparties seems determined to get us into yet another endless war, this time in Europe. Do you really want to send a bunch of crying t-girls and 'roided up "transmen" into combat against the Ruskies?

Or are you assuming/hoping that this New Woke Military will never have to fight and therefore we will never find out whether diversity is really strength?

If wars were fought today like they were in the days of the Vikings then your boy might have had a point. But they are not. This may shock you since I doubt you served, but we do not line up and charge each other with swords drawn.

If someone is willing to defend their country, which most in this country are not, I say let them do so. Some trans person can fire a rifle just as well as a non-trans.

is that some type of special rule for appointments? There's no time limit on speeches Senators make but I dont think there's a required amount of time for debate on any issue. If Tuberville wants to filibuster the appointments tell him have at it, the floor is yours but the second you stop talking we are having a vote.

Forum List

Back