Questions about events in Israel's north

rosends

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2012
The conflict in Israel's north, its border with Lebanon, has been heating up. What I don't understand is, "why?"

The conflict with Hamas is a result of the events of Oct 7 (a gross oversimplification but necessary for this understanding)

I don't see a direct and precipitating event to explain the fighting there. I know approximately when the fighting increased and it wasn't on Oct 7th so if there is a directly causal event, what date was it on?

Hezbollah is not the same as the Lebanese government. If it were, we would be asking "why doesn't the world acknowledge that unilateral military rocket fire intentionally across a border, is an act of war?"

Is Hezbollah acting to take advantage of Israel's need to focus on Gaza? Is it just exploiting a weakness?
If so, why isn't the world roundly condemning Hezbollah and calling for consequences, and asking for an investigation of the Lebanese government's allowing Hezbollah to exist there

Is Hezbollah acting with the agreement of the actual government?
If so, then the actual government can be held accountable. If so then other countries should be coming forward to demand peace -- a cease fire, or some other route to a cessation of hostilities. If not, then shouldn't the government be massing forces to rid itself of such treasonous behavior. And should other Arab countries be creating a coalition to help Lebanon defeat those terrorists from within who attack Israel? Shouldn't Lebanon be appealing to world to help it stop this festering cancer?

Is Hezbollah, as a terrorist group, trying to make a statement supporting Hamas and allying with them in a two pronged war against Israel. If so then wouldn't anyone who is against Hamas be against Hezbollah, demanding that like minded people engage in a war against terror? Shouldn't Lebanon be THANKING Israel for getting rid of this internal threat, and even encouraging it? Or even secretly aiding in it, sharing intel if not resources?

Why isn't the world asking "why the Lebanon thing?" I mean, Hamasniks can easily answer, "Well, Israel invaded us on October 8." But what would a rep from Hezbollah say?

Last edited:
It's been a war on 7 fronts, since that day.
Why, because Gaza and Lebanon have
sold their people to Iran.

Another why?
Like every pogrom,
because of some rumor "prophecy"
that comes every year or so to sooth the masses...

Islamism drives on mass degradation, it's that shallow.

Lebanese Fortune Teller Dr. Mike Feghaly Revises His Prophecy:

Israel Will Collapse In 2023 Or 2024 – Not In 2022, Like I Previously Predicted

OK, good -- this brings up another grouping of questions:

Is Hezbollah representing the government of some other country who is allying with Hamas? If so, wouldn't an ally of Israel be justified in attacking Iran (if not Lebanon)? Isn't the third man in penalized?

OK, good -- this brings up another grouping of questions:

Is Hezbollah representing the government of some other country who is allying with Hamas? If so, wouldn't an ally of Israel be justified in attacking Iran (if not Lebanon)? Isn't the third man in penalized?

Justified yes, if asked.

Let's start with not interrupting.

Dr Edy Cohen -"Today there is no Lebanese establishment, the country is actually controlled by Hezbollah"

Dr. Edy Cohen, an expert on Lebanon and the Arab world: "Whoever drags Lebanon into war or peace is a militia. One group can decide whether there will be a war or not.

Nasrallah decides whether to drag Lebanon into war, and he probably decides yes, because he doesn't stop."

The mission of the Israel Center for Grand Strategy is to create a grand strategy for Israel to achieve lasting strength, security, and prosperity.

Forum List

Back