Questions.....RE: The Greenhouse Effect

water is heavier than air right? so explain how it violates anything?

Oh and you can observe the surface of the sun and have a thermometer to record temperatures?

It doesn't.

Oh and you can observe the surface of the sun and have a thermometer to record temperatures?

Yes, we are able to observe the surface of the Sun and measure temperatures there.
you can?

You can't?
nope I can record my temperatures here on earth. explain how you record the Sun's surface temp?

Is it possible to measure the temperature of the Sun? (Beginner) - Curious About Astronomy? Ask an Astronomer
dude too funny. again, no observable actual temperature, merely a model with inference to determine the temp.

It doesn't.

Yes, we are able to observe the surface of the Sun and measure temperatures there.
you can?

You can't?
nope I can record my temperatures here on earth. explain how you record the Sun's surface temp?

Is it possible to measure the temperature of the Sun? (Beginner) - Curious About Astronomy? Ask an Astronomer
dude too funny. again, no observable actual temperature, merely a model with inference to determine the temp.

It's weird!
They actually used science to make measurements at a distance.

Much less impressive than saying the Sun's surface can't emit toward the corona because....2nd Law. DERP!

It's weird!

Much less impressive than saying the Sun's surface can't emit toward the corona because....2nd Law. DERP!
well since the 2nd law doesn't say that cool can move to warm, I'm not sure how you get there.

It's weird!

well since the 2nd law doesn't say that cool can move to warm, I'm not sure how you get there.

well since the 2nd law doesn't say that cool can move to warm,

Does the 2nd Law mention photons? Where?

It's weird!

quote me where it says it.

It's weird!

It doesn't mention photons.

It's weird!

so you can't quote it. thanks

It's weird!

I can't quote the portion that proves the Sun's surface can't radiate toward the hotter corona.
Can you?

I can't quote the portion that proves the Sun's surface can't radiate toward the hotter corona.
Can you?
so you can't quote the 2nd law eh? too bad, means your statement is in error.

Can you?

The second law of thermodynamics states that the total entropy of an isolated system always increases over time, or remains constant in ideal cases where the system is in a steady state or undergoing a reversible process.

Can you?

The second law of thermodynamics states that the total entropy of an isolated system always increases over time, or remains constant in ideal cases where the system is in a steady state or undergoing a reversible process.
k

jc, Todd is telling you that the 2nd law doesn't say what you just suggested it says.

Are you aware that water vapor is a green house gas?
I'm aware there is water vapor yes. does it touch the surface?

Yes, Frank, it touches the surface.

Being a greenhouse gas, it is the source of a large portion of the atmosphere's backradiation. Why do you believe otherwise?
There is no back radiation...water vapor keeps it warm by actually absorbing and retaining energy..a trick that CO2 can't do...that is why it is warmer at night in humid begins than it is in dry regions...nothing whatsoever to do with imaginary back radiation.

Are you aware that water vapor is a green house gas?
I'm aware there is water vapor yes. does it touch the surface?

Yes, Frank, it touches the surface.

Being a greenhouse gas, it is the source of a large portion of the atmosphere's backradiation. Why do you believe otherwise?
There is no back radiation...water vapor keeps it warm by actually absorbing and retaining energy..a trick that CO2 can't do...that is why it is warmer at night in humid begins than it is in dry regions...nothing whatsoever to do with imaginary back radiation.

water vapor keeps it warm by actually absorbing and retaining energy

Absorbing and never releasing, eh?

Can you give us a link or source of that?

On top of everything else, now you tell me that you are unaware of the fact that water vapor actually absorbs and retains energy...tell me that so I can put one more mark in the wuwei doesn't have a clue column...

Go learn about it yourself...

On top of everything else, now you tell me that you are unaware of the fact that water vapor actually absorbs and retains energy...tell me that so I can put one more mark in the wuwei doesn't have a clue column...

Go learn about it yourself...
Don't be such an asshole. I'm asking for a reference that says that water vapor is the complete explanation for the earth's temperature and back-radiation is not needed as an explanation. If you have no reference, then it is obvious that you just made that up.

Don't be such an asshole. I'm asking for a reference that says that water vapor is the complete explanation for the earth's temperature and back-radiation is not needed as an explanation. If you have no reference, then it is obvious that you just made that up.

So we can also conclude that you are unable to read what a person writes and understand what is being said?...When did I ever say that water vapor is the complete explanation for the earth's temperature?

And it is a good thing that back radiation is not needed as there is no such thing....

The very idea of a radiative greenhouse effect being responsible for the temperature of a convective atmosphere is stupidity of the highest order...you glassy eyed chanting cultists are heading right over the AGW cliff...actual science will sooner or later step in and hand climate science the slap down it so richly deserves..

You said this
Same Shit Different Day said:

So, let's see a reference that supports that contention.

Mainstream scientists - all of them - are going to be really upset that you've destroyed the entire idea of a greenhouse effect. I can't wait to see their reaction.

Forum List

Back