Quid pro quo. The most used tool of ALL GOVERNMENTS and businesses.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Technically speaking all it is is old fashioned bartering. Something the world has run by since we stopped painting on cave walls. In fact WE ALL ENGAGE IN IT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

So that brings us to the obvious question. Is it illegal? Well?

If what Trump did was a violation why is the FEC not reprimanding him for it?

Hey stupid . We are talking about quid pro for PERSONAL GAIN through your job. That’s not allowed . You can’t work for the government and take bribes or extort .

• Banned
Hey stupid . We are talking about quid pro for PERSONAL GAIN through your job. That’s not allowed . You can’t work for the government and take bribes or extort .
There was no bribe or extortion. No criminal investigations of any such criminal activity.

And all quid pro quo is for someones personal gain.

Hey stupid . We are talking about quid pro for PERSONAL GAIN! That’s not allowed .
PERSONAL GAIN is conjecture that has zero supporting evidence.

The only no evidence is that Biden did somthing wrong to benefit his son.

And there’s plenty of evidence that Don held the Ukraine funds in order to have them target his main political rival .

Technically speaking all it is is old fashioned bartering. Something the world has run by since we stopped painting on cave walls. In fact WE ALL ENGAGE IN IT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Yes, "this for that" is the essence of every business transaction. What made Trump's attempted deal with Ukraine illegal is that the Quid was paid for by the US taxpayers, and the Quo was to benefit Donald Trump. The President cannot use taxpayers dollars to extort dirt on his political opponents.

Public officials cannot trade taxpayers dollars for personal favours. It's called "bribery".

Hey stupid . We are talking about quid pro for PERSONAL GAIN! That’s not allowed .

Money laundering is a crime.

And there’s plenty of evidence that Don held the Ukraine funds in order to have them target his main political rival .
Non sequitur...Biden being a "main political rival" is incidental....Biden's brazen interference in Ukrainian internal affairs is an entirely separate issue from him being a candidate...And he's not even a "main" political rival, as he has ZERO chance of being nominated.

Public officials cannot trade taxpayers dollars for personal favours. It's called "bribery".

That would be an actual crime. Criminal conviction requires evidence presented at a trial. Up the that point everyone is presumed innocent.
Alternately the FEC should and would investigate such accusations as well. Yet....

But...Orange man bad!!
Orange Man is infinitely better than black man was and god help us had round woman won.

They are beyond reasoning, these Trumptards. They are members of a cult and don't even realize it yet.
The only good thing about their cult is that if they decide to leave (i.e. not vote for Trump in 2020) they won't be punished or killed for going against their Dear Leader.
At least not yet anyway.

Yes, "this for that" is the essence of every business transaction. What made Trump's attempted deal with Ukraine illegal is that the Quid was paid for by the US taxpayers, and the Quo was to benefit Donald Trump. The President cannot use taxpayers dollars to extort dirt on his political opponents.

And trump didn't and there is no evidence that he did. So.........failed russian collusion, failed impeachment etc. Lol.

If my employer gives me $500 and says "Give this money to my friends down the block. They're having a rough time and I said I'd help them out", and I called up the neighbours and said I have $500 for you but I want some pictures of my co-worker Joe, on a date with my boss' wife, before I give them to you". Joe is trying to steal my job and I want to take these pictures to my boss and show him what a low life Joe is so Joe won't get my job and my boss will fire him. You get me pictures and I'll give you $500".

Should I be fired for this, even if Joe really is having an affair with my boss' wife?

That would be an actual crime. Criminal conviction requires evidence presented at a trial. Up the that point everyone is presumed innocent.
Alternately the FEC should and would investigate such accusations as well. Yet....

Impeachment is a different legal standard than criminal or civil laws, idiot.
Impeachment is a political process as defined by the Constitution, the founders used the word bribery.

"""Article II, Section 4 provides:
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.""""

But...Orange man bad!!
Orange Man is infinitely better than black man was and god help us had round woman won.

They are beyond reasoning, these Trumptards. They are members of a cult and don't even realize it yet.
The only good thing about their cult is that if they decide to leave (i.e. not vote for Trump in 2020) they won't be punished or killed for going against their Dear Leader.
At least not yet anyway.
Opposing lame-brained fuckwits like you and your clown car of liberoidal turd tossers doesn't make anyone a "trumptard".

But...Orange man bad!!

At least not yet anyway.

More emotional goo.

Forum List

Back