Quid pro quo. The most used tool of ALL GOVERNMENTS and businesses.

The Dem's are trying to get rid of Trump on a technicality that wouldn't have raised an eyebrow if (cough when) Obama and Biden did it.

Technically speaking all it is is old fashioned bartering. Something the world has run by since we stopped painting on cave walls. In fact WE ALL ENGAGE IN IT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

So that brings us to the obvious question. Is it illegal? Well?

If what Trump did was a violation why is the FEC not reprimanding him for it?

The FEC doesn’t have jurisdiction

Technically speaking all it is is old fashioned bartering. Something the world has run by since we stopped painting on cave walls. In fact WE ALL ENGAGE IN IT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Next republicans will start arguing that rape is fine because in business, businesses hurt each other and it's just competition

Use a quid pro quo for PERSONAL GAIN and you have committed a crime

Well then, it's a good thing he asked the Ukraine president to do "us" a favor and not a personal one. That's probably why Trump was anxious to release the call transcript.

Last edited:

Not for personal advantage.

its for the best of the country that all corrupt politicians are brought to justice,,,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHWHWHAHAHAHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Stop!..... Can't!..... Breath!.....

Exactly

Asking personal favors is not for the country

You are the first lefty to be able to process that Trump asked if the Ukraine president would do "us" a favor, and not "me". You must have actually read the transcript, congrats. I'm one of the millions of people who trump was referring to when he asked if the Ukraine president would do "us" a favor, and I really appreciate what he asked for on my behalf.
Not really

It shows how much an idiot Trump really is
Anyone with any sense would throw some requests in that are in the National Interest. Counter terrorism, NATO related, information on Russia

But Trump made it all about him
I don't understand why you acknowledged in post 36 that Trump asked for a favor for "us", but now you are blabbering nonsense about Trump asking for a personal favor. Do you have a quote of Trump asking for a personal favor?

Exactly

You are the first lefty to be able to process that Trump asked if the Ukraine president would do "us" a favor, and not "me". You must have actually read the transcript, congrats. I'm one of the millions of people who trump was referring to when he asked if the Ukraine president would do "us" a favor, and I really appreciate what he asked for on my behalf.
Not really

Anyone with any sense would throw some requests in that are in the National Interest. Counter terrorism, NATO related, information on Russia

I don't understand why you acknowledged in post 36 that Trump asked for a favor for "us", but now you are blabbering nonsense about Trump asking for a personal favor. Do you have a quote of Trump asking for a personal favor?
God damn that's a desperate post.

Well then, it's a good thing he asked the Ukraine president to do "us" a favor and not a personal one

He may have "said" us..but it was clearly a personal favor...

A. to exonerate Russia in the 2016 election hack
B. to help HIS 2020 election chances

Well then, it's a good thing he asked the Ukraine president to do "us" a favor and not a personal one

That is you're interpretation of it. You are obviously entitled to that opinion but having that opinion does not make it so.

Learn to use a little critical thinking. No matter how you twist words you can not change the words in the transcript.

Lol, magic! He meant whatever lefties want him to have said, right?
I am one of the millions of people he referred to when he said us, and I am thankful that he is doing his job.

Exactly

Not really

God damn that's a desperate post.
Is there anything in it that is not accurate?

These are dark times at the Federal Election Commission, which has now gone two months without enough commissioners to enforce federal campaign finance laws.

That's because U.S. senators and President Donald Trump have failed to strike an agreement to fill any of three vacancies on the six-member commission that needs a quorum of at least four warm bodies to conduct most any high-level business.
Halloween’s over. The Federal Election Commission? Still a zombie.

Any other questions?

That is you're interpretation of it. You are obviously entitled to that opinion but having that opinion does not make it so.

Learn to use a little critical thinking. No matter how you twist words you can not change the words in the transcript.
It is absolutely amazing how Lesh just simply claims that Trump's words mean something that they don't . It's like he is claiming up really means down, and north really means south. Amazing.

Screen+Shot+2019-11-24+at+9.36.45+AM.png

So how does having Trump use "unusual" channels to hold up military aid for Ukraine and to have Ukraine announce an investigation into the Biden's help the American people? I can see how it helps Trump and Russia but where do Americans "win" in this scenario?

Exactly

Not really

Things change when you look at more than one word and look at context

Trump said “us” and then listed things that “he” needed. That makes the request a personal favor.

Exactly

Not really

Trump said “us” and then listed things that “he” needed. That makes the request a personal favor.

Since Trump frequently refers to himself in the third person, "us" means he, himself and him.

Quit trying to manipulate the context! When Trump said he wanted to ask for a favor for "us," it was in the topic sentence of the paragraph. I am confident that you know that a topic sentence is a sentence that summarizes the main idea of a paragraph. It is usually the first sentence in a paragraph. I am also confident that you know that a focus sentence encapsulates or organizes an entire paragraph.

Yep. If I don’t have a President telling a nation our gift requires a lot of ass kissing, I want him out of office.

Forum List

Back