Quiz for the Marxists/Democrats who visit this site. Which gun is an assault rifle?

Which weapon shown below is an assault weapon?

• Picture number 1.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picture number 2.

• Neither.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Both.

• Marxists/Democrats are clueless about weapons.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
It's not my link, it's Britannica's.

If you feel there are any errors, do they have an email address for you to correct them.

I imagine the AR-15 in the shops is based/styled on the AR-15 that was used in Vietnam.

Britanica is wrong......the patent in 1962 designates it a civilian rifle..........

“Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,”

If you feel there are any errors, do they have an email address for you to correct them.

I imagine the AR-15 in the shops is based/styled on the AR-15 that was used in Vietnam.

the AR-15 wasn't used in Vietnam.....

The FOIA request itself was prompted from a Nov. 2017 article in The Atlantic in which the magazine, unsurprisingly to anyone familiar with its anti-gun bent, attempted to bolster a claim that “these rifles were meant for the military, not civilians.”

“Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,” one critic of the article contended.

“The M16 wasn’t issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasn’t standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didn’t officially replace the M14 until 1969.”
Original ATF AR-15 Classification Refutes Claim that Rifle ‘Not Meant’ for Civilians

Which gun is an assault rifle?

Picture number 1. or Picture number 2. ?

............... Weapon number 1......................................................Weapon number 2..............................................
View attachment 770264 View attachment 770265

Answer will follow when enough votes are counted.
You know what, fuck you mother-fuckers! And fuck your 2nd Amendment!

Okay, I will. It should be illegal for any civilian to own an assault rifle. There is absolutely no reason foe you to own a weapon of war.

The AR-15 is not a weapon of war.....

The FOIA request itself was prompted from a Nov. 2017 article in The Atlantic in which the magazine, unsurprisingly to anyone familiar with its anti-gun bent, attempted to bolster a claim that “these rifles were meant for the military, not civilians.”
“Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,” one critic of the article contended. “The M16 wasn’t issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasn’t standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didn’t officially replace the M14 until 1969.”
Original ATF AR-15 Classification Refutes Claim that Rifle ‘Not Meant’ for Civilians
=======

The Bolt action rifle....

The pump action shotgun...

Both of those are actual weapons of war, in current use by the entire U.S. military....

You really don't understand the issue.....

The AR-15 is not a weapon of war.....

=======

The Bolt action rifle....

The pump action shotgun...

Both of those are actual weapons of war, in current use by the entire U.S. military....

You really don't understand the issue.....
I know you shouldn't own automatic weapons!

Okay, I will. It should be illegal for any civilian to own an assault rifle. There is absolutely no reason foe you to own a weapon of war.
The AR-15 is not an assault rifle. And as for weapons of war, clubs, knives, arrows, axes, stones. All of these are weapons of war. How far down that road are you going?

From the link -

After the Korean War (1950–53), U.S. military researchers, dissatisfied with rifle-power ammunition, began to test a .22-inch (5.56-mm) cartridge that propelled a lighter projectile at a much higher muzzle velocity of 3,000 feet (910 metres) per second. To fire this small-calibre high-velocity round, in 1958 they chose the AR-15 rifle, designed by Eugene M. Stoner for the ArmaLite Division of Fairchild Engine and Airplane Corporation. The AR-15 was gas-operated, but it eliminated the piston in favour of a tube that directed propellant gases directly into an expansion chamber between the bolt and bolt carrier. By reducing the number of working parts and chambering the rifle for a smaller cartridge, Stoner had come up with a lightweight weapon that, even on automatic fire, produced a manageable recoil and yet was capable of inflicting fatal wounds at 300 yards (270 metres) and beyond. In 1962 the U.S. Air Force adopted the AR-15, and the Department of Defense designated it the M16. Five years later, with units engaged in the Vietnam War finding the weapon very effective under the close conditions of jungle warfare, the U.S. Army adopted it as the M16A1. Early complaints about the tendency of the M16 to jam were addressed with improved education about weapon maintenance and a change in the chemical composition of the powder in the cartridge that it fired.
Dude, in your own article it said "semiautomatic and fully automatic fire. " There is no fully automatic fire on an AR-15. I showed you the two differences between an AR-15 and an M4 military rifle, that Joe Biden gave to the Taliban without comprehensive background checks. Why do the Taliban get free assault rifles but law abiding US citizens dont? Do you hate law abiding citizens?

There was no AR-15 used in Vietnam. It was the M-16 assault rifle, not Armalite Rifle number 15.

Want me to define an assault rifle?

Any rifle with a magazine over ten rounds and capable of firing faster than one round per second
Incorrect:

The U.S. Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges."[18] In this strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:[2][3][4]

Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are not assault rifles according to the U.S. Army's definition. For example:

• Select-fire M2 Carbines are not assault rifles; their effective range is only 180 metres (200 yd).[19]
  • Select-fire rifles such as the Fedorov Avtomat, FN FAL, M14, and H&K G3 main battle rifles are not assault rifles; they fire full-powered rifle cartridges.
  • Semi-automatic-only rifles like the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles; they do not have select-fire capabilities.
  • Semi-automatic-only rifles with fixed magazines like the SKS are not assault rifles; they do not have detachable box magazines and are not capable of automatic fire.

My Father, two Uncles and maternal Grandfather served in Vietnam. None of them were issued an AR-15.

Forum List

Back