Race and the Juvenile Justice System

Should be easy to determine than IF it's poverty or the other factors mentioned. Because certainly -- the data exists for the income level of the juvie's family... And if you look at economic challenges as ONE variable -- I bet those gaps Coyote posted in the OP disappear pretty much...

You can't tell me that studies controlling all these variables haven't been done. I'm SURE they are out there.

Yes there are studies out there, and poverty IS a factor.

So where are the APPLE TO APPLE numbers? Why aren't THEY more important to understanding these statistics?

I'm not sure what you want. The numbers don't lie. The majority of juveniles that are incarcerated come from low income families.

Do the racial fractions come back to the expected percentages? Are any races Over/Under represented. I'll go fetch the numbers.

No, Black Youth make up the majority of the incarcerated population despite being a smaller portion of the overall population. White youth are by far a lower portion of the incarcerated population compared to their portion of the overall population.

You're twisted in knots here. What you just quoted is not CONTROLLED statistically for income. Need the actual statistics for SIMILAR income.. . Get it? I'll find it tonight or tomorrow.

It's not a matter of intelligence, but a matter of the environment in which they are raised, and the instinct of survival.

They're raised by dumb black parents. That's the environment. But something had to have started it (genetics) and there has to be a reason why it has not stopped (also genetics).

Naawww, my stupid ass bro in law was white enough and dumb enough to BRAG to the police about his Weed grow operation.. Just went in yesterday for 11 more months. Stupidity ain't it...

Was he a liberal? Liberals tend to be pretty stupid, even the white ones.

In any case, don't be obtuse. You know it's about statistics, not about your "stupid ass bro."

I'm not sure what you want. The numbers don't lie. The majority of juveniles that are incarcerated come from low income families.

I want you to understand the difference between correlation and causation.
Correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation. On the other hand there is a considerable body of evidence correlating crime and poverty irregardless of race.

Yes there are studies out there, and poverty IS a factor.

So where are the APPLE TO APPLE numbers? Why aren't THEY more important to understanding these statistics?

Do the racial fractions come back to the expected percentages? Are any races Over/Under represented. I'll go fetch the numbers.

No, Black Youth make up the majority of the incarcerated population despite being a smaller portion of the overall population. White youth are by far a lower portion of the incarcerated population compared to their portion of the overall population.

You're twisted in knots here. What you just quoted is not CONTROLLED statistically for income. Need the actual statistics for SIMILAR income.. . Get it? I'll find it tonight or tomorrow.

That's because you aren't being specific about what you want.

You want to know the percentage of Black youth that have been incarcerated by the percentages against White youth that have been incarcerated?

Let me put it this way. Black youth are incarcerated at a much higher rate than any other racial groups including Whites.

Youth from poor families are incarcerated more than any other class of youth.

So do you want to know if poor Black youth are incarcerated at a higher rate than poor White youth? Correct?

Last edited:
It's not a matter of intelligence, but a matter of the environment in which they are raised, and the instinct of survival.

They're raised by dumb black parents. That's the environment. But something had to have started it (genetics) and there has to be a reason why it has not stopped (also genetics).

Naawww, my stupid ass bro in law was white enough and dumb enough to BRAG to the police about his Weed grow operation.. Just went in yesterday for 11 more months. Stupidity ain't it...

In any case, don't be obtuse. You know it's about statistics, not about your "stupid ass bro."

Then show us these genes.
Nobody knows exactly what parts of the DNA lead to less intelligence just as we don't yet know precisely how many diseases and disorders come about.

Correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation. On the other hand there is a considerable body of evidence correlating crime and poverty irregardless of race.
One possible reason for this: Dumb people tend to be poor. Dumb people tend to commit crime.

Strange that other cultures move up out of the ghetto within a couple of generations.

What's the difference?

The other cultures didn't allow the state to subvert their faith and their culture. They weren't convinced to let the state take over the job of parenting. They weren't targeted by social engineering *programs* that brainwashed, aborted, and *educated* the culture right out of their population.

Strange that other cultures move up out of the ghetto within a couple of generations.

What's the difference?

The other cultures didn't allow the state to subvert their faith and their culture. They weren't convinced to let the state take over the job of parenting. They weren't targeted by social engineering *programs* that brainwashed, aborted, and *educated* the culture right out of their population.
It's more a matter of: they don't care about parenting or are in prison. Brainwashing implies there was a brain to begin with.

One possible reason for this: Dumb people tend to be poor. Dumb people tend to commit crime.

She's trying to figure out why there are so many dumb black people, pay attention. .

What's the difference?

It's more a matter of: they don't care about parenting or are in prison. Brainwashing implies there was a brain to begin with.
They don't care because they've been taught for four generations not to care. They've been taught that they are not worthy to raise their own children, that their own children are worthless, and that they don't have to pay attention to laws because they're too stupid to be responsible for their own bad decisions.

She's trying to figure out why there are so many dumb black people, pay attention. .
It's obvious. Genetics. That and dumb parents (from genetics/prior parenting) doing the parenting.
She doesn't want to figure anything out. She wants to wear a blindfold and argue that it's dark because the lights are off.

They don't care because they've been taught for four generations not to care. They've been taught that they are not worthy to raise their own children, that their own children are worthless, and that they don't have to pay attention to laws because they're too stupid to be responsible for their own bad decisions.
I blame liberals.

:rolleyes-41:

Anyone can have children, but being a good parent and a good human being is learned, not instinct. If parents are missing in the equation and the children do not have good role models, then they don't learn morals and behaviors that people from good families in good living conditions do. That isn't genetic, that's from social interactions.

Unfortunately this isn't about juveniles but gives you a good idea about poverty and incarceration of the racial groups.

Prisons of Poverty: Uncovering the pre-incarceration incomes of the imprisoned | Prison Policy Initiative

Yeah.. And it says for males 27 to 42 that you're about twice as likely to be incarcerated if you're income is below $22K... So extending to these juvenile incarceration rates -- blacks are over-represented in that income group. Which (almost) NULLIFIES race as the principle factor for the disparity in juvenile incarceration rates given in the OP..

Then you hack at the disparity with OTHER controlling factors. Like the level of parent education. Or presence of 2 parents and pretty soon --- the juvenile incarceration disparity is NOT due to race.

Tho it could be racial bias that CAUSES those "cultural deficits" in income, education, or family cohesion. OR it could be somehow inherent in the culture of predominantly black communities or BOTH..

Unfortunately this isn't about juveniles but gives you a good idea about poverty and incarceration of the racial groups.

Prisons of Poverty: Uncovering the pre-incarceration incomes of the imprisoned | Prison Policy Initiative

Yeah.. And it says for males 27 to 42 that you're about twice as likely to be incarcerated if you're income is below $22K... So extending to these juvenile incarceration rates -- blacks are over-represented in that income group. Which (almost) NULLIFIES race as the principle factor for the disparity in juvenile incarceration rates given in the OP..

Then you hack at the disparity with OTHER controlling factors. Like the level of parent education. Or presence of 2 parents and pretty soon --- the juvenile incarceration disparity is NOT due to race.

Tho it could be racial bias that CAUSES those "cultural deficits" in income, education, or family cohesion. OR it could be somehow inherent in the culture of predominantly black communities or BOTH..

But if Blacks are more likely to be in those categories, because of social factors, there is a reason they are often a part of those groups... and that is because they are Black.

What's the difference?

Read my thread in Race just posted. A lot of other cultures were not SEGREGATED by Govt policy and edict into separate communities as POLICY and LAW. Asians largely were not forcibly segregated by neighborhoods. Neither were Mexicans and other "hispanics" for that matter. Your govt was the ARCHITECT of most of the Black American Ghettos and those boundaries exist to this day. Tho not by law.

What's the difference?

Read my thread in Race just posted. A lot of other cultures were not SEGREGATED by Govt policy and edict into separate communities as POLICY and LAW. Asians largely were not forcibly segregated by neighborhoods. Neither were Mexicans and other "hispanics" for that matter. Your govt was the ARCHITECT of most of the Black American Ghettos and those boundaries exist to this day. Tho not by law.
Progressive policies segregate blacks. I know, that's my point. They have these programs for blacks only, or which target blacks. That is segregation. Public housing developments were for black people.

What's the difference?

I'm not sure why you mention 4 generations when Blacks haven't really been treated equally in this country until basically the 70's and 80's... and equality is still something that is being worked on.

Forum List

Back