Race Relations: Aaron Mcgruder, creator of Boondocks, has some words of warning for the black community

Aaron McGruder, Tavis Smiley, & Cornel West on Western Media 2003 C-Span​

Jul 14, 2024

Thanks for finding that. I really loved that series.

Video information;

"August 11, 2003: Black Youth and the MediaProfessor Cornel West and Political Cartoonist Aaron McGruder talked about minority depictions in the media. Among the topics they addressed were information control, image manipulation, projecting leadership values and positive images of minorities, and leading by example. Following their remarks, they answered questions from the audience.

Cornel Ronald West is an American philosopher, theologian, political activist, politician, social critic, actor, and public intellectual. The grandson of a Baptist minister, West's primary philosophy focuses on the roles of race, gender, and class struggle in American society.

Aaron Vincent McGruder is an American writer, cartoonist, and producer best known for creating The Boondocks, a Universal Press Syndicate comic strip and its animated TV series adaptation.

Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

If you are a copyright holder that would like something removed from my channel please message me on YouTube & I will respond so you do not need to file a DMCA Copyright Takedown Request with YouTube. Thank You."

Forum List

Back