🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Racial Differences in Perspective

For what its worth here is my analysis of the situation.

Whites perspective:
(totally guessing since I am not white)
They see the words "veteran" and the emotionally charged phrases of "its disgusting!!" "service dog" in the caption and automatically form a bias against the person having the issue. My guess is the word veteran was placed there to raise patriotic feelings. They then see the woman is Black and all the negative connotations that go along with that rush to the forefront of logic. I cant figure any other reason white people could watch this video and not understand who was the initiator of the confrontation.

To me, the words veteran and Black, honestly had no bearing on my feelings. Judging from the video itself, the Black lady was the only one I could, hear telling others to shut the Fuck up, Bitch, whore, ETC at the top of her lungs, while people around her were trying to diffuse the situation. She did not act like a lady at all but someone who is used to always getting their way, then getting extremely upset when they don't. thats my take on this but of course we did not get to see the begining of this and how it all escalated. As to whether the dog should have been in the restaurant, thats another issue but there are 50 other ways to intelligently deal with that issue without dropping the F bomb on people.

As for the comments, well, I have always thought that racists are people who take the lazy way out when they look at the world. I was disgusted by some of their comments but some of them I agreed with.

If the dog was a valid service dog, ok, she overreacted, but how was she to know?
Why do you believe she over reacted and lets assume it was a valid service dog?

It APPEARED she yelled too long, but who can judge without knowing what the guy with the dalmation said and did?
In the video it says what the woman she is yelling at did. The Black woman didnt like the fact that the white woman confronted her in front of her child about her decision to leave. The white woman says she confronted her respectfully. I'm trying to figure out how I heard that but white people didnt or either they see it as irrelevant.

If she was confronted, then I can see more yelling, I got no sound from this, but I saw no person with an obvious disability. I only see her yelling, then explaining. I see no racial difference between her and other picky individuals. What is the disabilty in question?
What was said in your opinion that gave you get the impression the dispute was over any disability? This is really interesting to me.

Whites perspective:
They see the words "veteran" and the emotionally charged phrases of "its disgusting!!" "service dog" in the caption and automatically form a bias against the person having the issue. My guess is the word veteran was placed there to raise patriotic feelings. They then see the woman is Black and all the negative connotations that go along with that rush to the forefront of logic. I cant figure any other reason white people could watch this video and not understand who was the initiator of the confrontation.
I got the same impression...the article, like most mainstream media, was written in a biased manner to manipulate the readers response. I'm a veteran, and I totally agree with this woman. When I think "service dog", what i expect is a dog trained to perform a task, like a see & eye dog, or a dog that pulls a wheelchair and retrieves dropped items. "Emotional support" dogs are pets. Pets don't go to the grocery store, or the restaurant, or the mall.
I have no issue with animals unless they are not trained or have some disease/fleas etc. However, it would have been a little rougher on the people if they insisted on convincing me that my opinion was not correct. Thats what the Black woman was mad about.

Then I understand her anger better, thank you. Why not explain to the woman the man is mentally ill, needs the dog, though how he can stand a restaurant even WITH the dog remains a question.

Whites perspective:

To me, the words veteran and Black, honestly had no bearing on my feelings. Judging from the video itself, the Black lady was the only one I could, hear telling others to shut the Fuck up, Bitch, whore, ETC at the top of her lungs, while people around her were trying to diffuse the situation. She did not act like a lady at all but someone who is used to always getting their way, then getting extremely upset when they don't. thats my take on this but of course we did not get to see the begining of this and how it all escalated. As to whether the dog should have been in the restaurant, thats another issue but there are 50 other ways to intelligently deal with that issue without dropping the F bomb on people.

As for the comments, well, I have always thought that racists are people who take the lazy way out when they look at the world. I was disgusted by some of their comments but some of them I agreed with.
It was explained in the video pretty obviously to me about what occurred and both parties stated it. How is it I heard it but white people are having trouble hearing it?

If the dog was a valid service dog, ok, she overreacted, but how was she to know?
Why do you believe she over reacted and lets assume it was a valid service dog?

It APPEARED she yelled too long, but who can judge without knowing what the guy with the dalmation said and did?
In the video it says what the woman she is yelling at did. The Black woman didnt like the fact that the white woman confronted her in front of her child about her decision to leave. The white woman says she confronted her respectfully. I'm trying to figure out how I heard that but white people didnt or either they see it as irrelevant.

If she was confronted, then I can see more yelling, I got no sound from this, but I saw no person with an obvious disability. I only see her yelling, then explaining. I see no racial difference between her and other picky individuals. What is the disabilty in question?
What was said in your opinion that gave you get the impression the dispute was over any disability? This is really interesting to me.

The term "service dog". If the dog wasn't there to help with a VA accepted disability, he does not to be in the restaurant(.)

Then I understand her anger better, thank you. Why not explain to the woman the man is mentally ill, needs the dog, though how he can stand a restaurant even WITH the dog remains a question.

Suck up to the angry black supremacist, you stupid idiot.

Nothing gives me the impression the woman is a "black supremacist".

Whites perspective:

Ok butterfly----YOUR contention is that the bit was PRESENTED in a slanted manner-----RIGHT-----it started out with some
unintelligible chat between two women-------I wish I could have made it out. -------as it moved on it seemed as if
a short black woman SEEMED to relate the idea that SHE did not want to talk to the white woman at all and felt
imposed upon simply because the white woman wanted to talk to her. She went on to say something that seemed
like "FOR ME" ......"an animal in a restaurant is DISGUSTING"--------she spoke loudly and in an hysterical manner.
As it want on------I got the impression that the white women tried to talk to the black woman as the black
woman was leaving 'in disgust'. The black woman got more and more hysterical------and even used words
that should not be uttered by a mother in the presence of her child. The white woman should have let the black
woman leave without comment-------because the black woman is a NUT. (for the record----I feel very uncomfortable
with a DOG near me---------but when it comes to a service dog-----I swallow hard and keep quiet. People like me
attract dogs-------they LOVE ME------lick me---jump on me------i hold my breath----i do not like dogs to be near my food
Thats what "imposed upon" means. She didnt want the white woman talking to her and trying to change her opinion. She got loud because the woman first deflected regarding her husbands military service which had nada to do with the issue and then got more angry because the women continued to attempt to convince her to not have the opinion that the dog was nasty.

Ok----she has a very low threshold of frustration------her response was STILL OVER THE TOP. I mentioned that I do not like
to be near dogs--------In the course of my long life of trying to AVOID DA DOG-------I have had many many people try to
IMPOSE dogs on me-------"see how nice"-----"she LIKES YOU"------["UGH"]------"you'll get over it" (NOPE) -----even "do
you hate children too?" I have never responded by getting HYSTERICAL and JUMPING in the air yelling expletives

Nothing gives me the impression the woman is a "black supremist".

Butterfly has actually put a different idea forward------that the presentation of the piece is
biased ------in favor of the white chick

Whites perspective:
I got the same impression...the article, like most mainstream media, was written in a biased manner to manipulate the readers response. I'm a veteran, and I totally agree with this woman. When I think "service dog", what i expect is a dog trained to perform a task, like a see & eye dog, or a dog that pulls a wheelchair and retrieves dropped items. "Emotional support" dogs are pets. Pets don't go to the grocery store, or the restaurant, or the mall.
I have no issue with animals unless they are not trained or have some disease/fleas etc. However, it would have been a little rougher on the people if they insisted on convincing me that my opinion was not correct. Thats what the Black woman was mad about.

Because that wasnt the issue. The issue was she thought the dog was nasty and got up to leave. The wife of the dog owner got offended and proceeded to confront her in order explain the law to her. Her knowledge of the law was irrelevant. She didnt like the dog near her. I used this analogy. It would be like confronting someone that decided to leave a gay bar once he found it that it was predominately gay. The law is not the issue.

Whites perspective:

It was explained in the video pretty obviously to me about what occurred and both parties stated it. How is it I heard it but white people are having trouble hearing it?

Maybe I missed something, have to watch it again

Whites perspective:

Because that wasnt the issue. The issue was she thought the dog was nasty and got up to leave. The wife of the dog owner got offended and proceeded to confront her in order explain the law to her. Her knowledge of the law was irrelevant. She didnt like the dog near her. I used this analogy. It would be like confronting someone that decided to leave a gay bar once he found it that it was predominately gay. The law is not the issue.

Why wasn't she allowed to leave? And are you the so called "black supremacist"?

Whites perspective:

Ok butterfly----YOUR contention is that the bit was PRESENTED in a slanted manner-----RIGHT-----it started out with some
unintelligible chat between two women-------I wish I could have made it out. -------as it moved on it seemed as if
a short black woman SEEMED to relate the idea that SHE did not want to talk to the white woman at all and felt
imposed upon simply because the white woman wanted to talk to her. She went on to say something that seemed
like "FOR ME" ......"an animal in a restaurant is DISGUSTING"--------she spoke loudly and in an hysterical manner.
As it want on------I got the impression that the white women tried to talk to the black woman as the black
woman was leaving 'in disgust'. The black woman got more and more hysterical------and even used words
that should not be uttered by a mother in the presence of her child. The white woman should have let the black
woman leave without comment-------because the black woman is a NUT. (for the record----I feel very uncomfortable
with a DOG near me---------but when it comes to a service dog-----I swallow hard and keep quiet. People like me
attract dogs-------they LOVE ME------lick me---jump on me------i hold my breath----i do not like dogs to be near my food
Thats what "imposed upon" means. She didnt want the white woman talking to her and trying to change her opinion. She got loud because the woman first deflected regarding her husbands military service which had nada to do with the issue and then got more angry because the women continued to attempt to convince her to not have the opinion that the dog was nasty.

Ok----she has a very low threshold of frustration------her response was STILL OVER THE TOP. I mentioned that I do not like
to be near dogs--------In the course of my long life of trying to AVOID DA DOG-------I have had many many people try to
IMPOSE dogs on me-------"see how nice"-----"she LIKES YOU"------["UGH"]------"you'll get over it" (NOPE) -----even "do
you hate children too?" I have never responded by getting HYSTERICAL and JUMPING in the air yelling expletives
Her response wasnt over the top to me. You dont confront someone on their opinion in a restaraunt and you certainly dont do it in front of their child. I would have fucked someone up to be honest.

The audio in the video starts with one woman telling the other to keep her hands to herself - then the black woman saying 'I'm not going to keep my hands to myself, I'm going to push it like I just did'. What did she put her hands on and why? The dog?

The dogs vest has the letters PTSD on it, I think. It appears the veteran said nothing, also appears it is the veterans companion who told the 'livid woman' to keep her hands to herself.

ps - Hmmm, 'Livid'...isn't that a skin color?...maybe we can add a whole new category of protected class.

Whites perspective:

I have no idea the dog owners didnt just let her walk out of the restaraunt without confronting her. My guess is that they assumed they could do so with no consequences. Again thats just a guess on my part.

I didnt get what you mean by the last question?

Whites perspective:

Her response wasnt over the top to me. You dont confront someone on their opinion in a restaraunt and you certainly dont do it in front of their child. I would have fucked someone up to be honest.

IN FRONT OF THE CHILD???? One cannot explain something reasonable in the presence of a child?-----but her own mother can JUMP UP AND DOES YELLING LIKE A NUT?

This report adds to the story, if racial slurs were used to the woman, I DO SEE HER getting angry:

The woman who was recorded going OFF on restaurant diners about a veteran's service dog being allowed inside says the clip of her profanity-laced tirade doesn't tell the full story.

Ciara Miller tells TMZ ... before the camera started rolling, a woman at Kathy's Crab House in Delaware called her the n-word and other customers hurled racial slurs at her for leaving because she didn't like the dog being near her while she ate. She says that's why she was captured on video screaming at them.

Miller admits she was grossed out by the dog, but claims she was leaving peacefully until she was accosted in front of her daughter by the woman and other people who knew the veteran with the dog.

Ciara tells us she has family members who served in the military with PTSD, so she understands the need for service dogs ... but she still doesn't like them in restaurants personally.

In the vid -- which went viral after Kathy's owner posted it online -- Ciara argues with several patrons about the service dog, but doesn't seem to refer to any racist comments.

I'm specifically referring to Asclepias, but as I said already, I'm positive the bitch in the video is one as well.

I have no idea the dog owners didnt just let her walk out of the restaraunt without confronting her. My guess is that they assumed they could do so with no consequences. Again thats just a guess on my part.

I didnt get what you mean by the last question?

I'm specifically referring to Asclepias, but as I said already, I'm positive the bitch in the video is one as well.

Go away.

No.
american-psycho1-1.jpg

Forum List

Back