Racism: The Last Refuge of Us All?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Racism: The Last Refuge of Us All?

We’ve all heard Samuel Johnson’s famous adage about patriotism being the last refuge of a scoundrel, but I’ve always believed it’s racism that’s the last refuge of a scoundrel. Race is what you cling to when you have no meaningful achievements of your own to display. It’s a safe space for the unaccomplished. That’s why there’s been such an explosion of racism on the left, especially among some of its less successful demographic groups. When you have nothing to offer, or when you just don’t want to make the effort to be successful or productive, well…at least you have your skin. And the left has proved to be expert at making everything about skin. With so many layabouts, welfare cases, entitlement whores, and blame shifters among the masses, leftist intellectuals in politics, the media, and academia gain lots of traction by continually reassuring certain constituencies, “Hey, man, your skin color makes you special! Your skin color makes you deserving!”

The new racism of the left is an alarming development, but in hindsight, it was inevitable that the Democrat Party's politics of division would lead to this.

Why ever would anyone care whether they were called a racist? It's become meaningless.

Everyone is a racist:

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” -- Jesse Jackson

Everyone is a racist:

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” -- Jesse Jackson
Louis Farrakhan would never have to say that. Just saying....

Slavery was probably the worst idea ever, because now we're stuck with these people.

Everyone is a racist:

In which case Jesse would have had to have felt alarmed on seeing himself in a mirror.

Slavery was probably the worst idea ever, because now we're stuck with these people.
C'mon, give them a break, it's not as if they're Irish...

nyt-job-n.jpg

http://irishpost.co.uk/new-york-times-archives-reveal-no-irish-need-apply-job-adverts/

:lol:

So slavery was a "bad idea" - not because it was an injustice of epic proportions that treated hundreds of thousands of human beings as animals, but because now you're stuck having to coexist alongside black people.

Last edited:

So slavery was a "bad idea" - not because it was an injustice of epic proportions that treated hundreds of thousands of human beings as animals, but because now you're stuck having to coexist alongside black people.

Slavery was clearly greed motivated, you don't bring Blacks in your backyard, and even have children with them as slaves as a "Racist" but rather as a "Greedy Capitalist"

Slavery was clearly greed motivated, you don't bring Blacks in your backyard, and even have children with them as slaves as a "Racist" but rather as a "Greedy Capitalist"
Unless you support a government founded on the inferiority of the black man.

No it wasnt, it was no different then say owining a iPhone today, everyone had one it made life easier.

No it wasnt, it was no different then say owining a iPhone today, everyone had one it made life easier.

More like having a Black slave was akin to having a Mexican illegal working for you, both are for cheap labor.

The population of Black slaves in the U.S.A actually grew faster than that of all of Europe, including industrial age Britain, which really puts into question how poorly they truly had it.

I'd argue that many European peasants had it worse, they had to fend for themselves, and many starved to death, as opposed to Black slaves who were kept fed.

Forum List

Back