🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Raise Military Pay and Veterans Benefits

they VOLUTEER to do the job Candy . They know the deal same as police and other government employees . Same goes for fishermen and loggers , roofers that have very dangerous and average paying jobs that sometimes shut down because there are no fish , no logging or less or no roofs to fix [layoffs] . Course , they also VOLUNTEER for their jobs . All you gov guys VOLUNTEER and many beg for the job as gov employed people look for elevation over the taxpayers that pay their salaries and the government work is constant Candy .

Ok. You made your point. I disagree.
of course you would disagree Candy !!

There nothing is worth more than any something most gave; as for welfare for veterans, guilty as charged.
Good to know, you approve of welfare.

it's not welfare...oh get welfare for having done nothing but to be in need...Vets served their country...often at great cost to themselves and their families...
They do nothing now and still get a check. Welfare.
i'm not going to call military retirement welfare, but it's pretty nice.
Yup. I also get out of bed every morning with a lot of pain, which takes a lot of stretching so I can get around, so I can to the gym to try to extend the shelf life of this old body.

None of you who have not served have no idea about the toll a military life takes even on peacetime military personnel.

A simple example: we figured on 5 to 10% injury rate (from bumps to broken bones to death) on every parachute jump. I encounter one aviation accident (on the ground), two helicopter accidents (one into a river), and two parachute injuries (one of which really messed me up).

My experiences were nothing unique or special to the job. It was what it was. We were doing what we were paid to do. I have no problem with my VA benefits at all.
Not to take away from it, but lots of careers leave a body broken. Drywallers, roofers, painters, tile workers, hell even cooks and waitresses have jobs that take a toll on their bodies. They certainly don't get the same care when they retire. And i know that was your point, that you get good care, but the broken, stiff body isn't unique.

teachers , police , firemen , government workers all think they are special and worth more money and privileges . Gov or 'unions' are always ready to force taxpayers to pay more to their 'men' who enforce the ruling classes rules .

Money for nothing, in the second case, so glad you approve of welfare.

There nothing is worth more than any something most gave; as for welfare for veterans, guilty as charged.

it's not welfare...oh get welfare for having done nothing but to be in need...Vets served their country...often at great cost to themselves and their families...
If you follow the argument that it is a volunteer military and they know ahead of time that the pay is low and hours long, then the contract for employment also means that after 20 years, the service member will receive 50% of his/her base pay monthly, increasing incrementally up to 30 yrs/75% base pay.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Not to take away from it, but lots of careers leave a body broken. Drywallers, roofers, painters, tile workers, hell even cooks and waitresses have jobs that take a toll on their bodies. They certainly don't get the same care when they retire. And i know that was your point, that you get good care, but the broken, stiff body isn't unique.

When drywall, and Big Macs start shooting back, you'll have a valid argument.

as has been said a hundred times , military VOLUNTEERS volunteer to be shot at !! Its part of the job to sometimes be shot at . Big water commercial fisherman drown , roofers fall off roofs . loggers have huge trees fall on them . ---------- All in a days work Candy !!

I'm not sure why you don't think they should be paid more? they volunteer...to protect the country.......at great cost to themselves...and often their families...they surrender their rights and fight to protect ours...

as I have said , they volunteer for the job . Same for the other professions I have mentioned and those jobs aren't special . They are also government men and are different than the mix of men that fought in previous times before the all volunteer military . Whats a mercenary and whats the difference between a mercenary and a volunteer military that fights for money . WHO will the volunteer military fight against so that it can collect a paycheck 2AGUY ??

I'm not sure why you don't think they should be paid more? they volunteer...to protect the country.......at great cost to themselves...and often their families...they surrender their rights and fight to protect ours...
Where's the ceiling?

there is no ceiling , wait till the USA military is unionized to see .

The military is not the place to to go if you want to make lots of money.

as has been said a hundred times , military VOLUNTEERS volunteer to be shot at !! Its part of the job to sometimes be shot at . Big water commercial fisherman drown , roofers fall off roofs . loggers have huge trees fall on them . ---------- All in a days work Candy !!

When fish, trees, and shingles shoot back...you'll have a point.

Chica, you and I do not often see eye-to-eye, but on this topic...we are in total agreement it would seem. Just goes to prove, we are not all enemies, all the time. Luvs ya, Candy.

Yup. I also get out of bed every morning with a lot of pain, which takes a lot of stretching so I can get around, so I can to the gym to try to extend the shelf life of this old body.

None of you who have not served have no idea about the toll a military life takes even on peacetime military personnel.

A simple example: we figured on 5 to 10% injury rate (from bumps to broken bones to death) on every parachute jump. I encounter one aviation accident (on the ground), two helicopter accidents (one into a river), and two parachute injuries (one of which really messed me up).

My experiences were nothing unique or special to the job. It was what it was. We were doing what we were paid to do. I have no problem with my VA benefits at all.
Anyone should get the care I get. But that you don't get it does not mean much.

Money for nothing, in the second case, so glad you approve of welfare.

Clearly you've never been in the military. Ahhhhh. Maybe if you'd gone and gotten your head blown off we's be free of your asshole remarks. FU!

Yup he's one of those who whine about the military but didn't have the balls to be in the military.

He'd be the first one screaming to be protected if we were ever invaded.

Paint his house?? More like tear the damned thing down. He's a loser plus and an idiot to boot.

point is that the military volunteers same as the fishermen etc , etc . They all know the hazards that they volunteer for . [repeat] but there is nothing else to say and that's my argument for this thread Candy !!

point is that the military volunteers same as the fishermen etc , etc . They all know the hazards that they volunteer for . [repeat] but there is nothing else to say and that's my argument for this thread Candy !!
Your point is a fallacy of false equivalency, pismoecandy. If and when you get it right, you will be notified. Trot along.

your posted info on your woes makes you sound like a hero Jake . Course everyone can cry on a message board about their aches and pains you poor baby !! :afro:

Forum List

Back