Ramasawamy clearly the winner last night

If they can't have their demigod, I assume the base will want an aggressive, pugilistic asshole, so Vivek and DeSantis probably came closest.

It would probably be helpful to have a background as a sexual abuser and hooker payor, but I don't know their histories.
Yeah! Why do we even need an opposition political Party to challenge the glorious 1,000 year democrat Reich

If they can't have their demigod, I assume the base will want an aggressive, pugilistic asshole, so Vivek and DeSantis probably came closest.

It would probably be helpful to have a background as a sexual abuser and hooker payor, but I don't know their histories.
They are not that. And frankly they still have to be approved of with questioning from their voters. You as a Prog do not. You complain from the degree of moving left as to speed.

I thought the very same thing last night.
This is the best of what the Republican party has to offer??
They are in DEEP shit. :)
I think they have strong candidates. But the voters (at least on this board) seem to prefer the guy who is the least experienced and the least qualified. Any candidate is only as strong as their support.

So in that regard, the GOP is in deep shit if their constituency is going to continue to pick the least qualified because they scratch an itch. From what I have read about the debate; this Vivek fellow didn't really do much more than deliver some zingers.

While DeSantis had expected to be the top target as the front-runner on the stage, the candidates focused many of their attacks on Ramaswamy, who has been rising in the polls and espouses many of Trump’s positions.

“Now is not the time for on-the-job training. We don’t need to bring in a rookie. We don’t need to bring in people without experience,” quipped Pence.

Christie also laced into Ramaswamy.

“I’ve had enough already tonight of a guy who sounds like ChatGPT standing up here,” he said, referencing the artificial intelligence chat program, and calling him an “amateur.”

“Give me a hug just like you did to Obama,” Ramaswamy shot back — a reference to Christie’s embrace of the former president after a storm ravaged his state.

That's what plays in Tupelo I guess.

Vivek came off looking like a little kid whose juvenile insults and articulated ideas were largely booed by the audience.

Last night was the first time that I'd ever paid the slightest attention to what he was saying beyond random video clips.

I was unimpressed and am not likely to pay much more attention to him... but time will tell.

Personally, I thought that Nikki Haley and Chris Christie had the best of that two-hour brawl.

Yeah, the republican base is looking for an entertainer, not a president.

I think they have strong candidates. But the voters (at least on this board) seem to prefer the guy who is the least experienced and the least qualified. Any candidate is only as strong as their support.

So in that regard, the GOP is in deep shit if their constituency is going to continue to pick the least qualified because they scratch an itch. From what I have read about the debate; this Vivek fellow didn't really do much more than deliver some zingers.

While DeSantis had expected to be the top target as the front-runner on the stage, the candidates focused many of their attacks on Ramaswamy, who has been rising in the polls and espouses many of Trump’s positions.

“Now is not the time for on-the-job training. We don’t need to bring in a rookie. We don’t need to bring in people without experience,” quipped Pence.

Christie also laced into Ramaswamy.

“I’ve had enough already tonight of a guy who sounds like ChatGPT standing up here,” he said, referencing the artificial intelligence chat program, and calling him an “amateur.”

“Give me a hug just like you did to Obama,” Ramaswamy shot back — a reference to Christie’s embrace of the former president after a storm ravaged his state.

That's what plays in Tupelo I guess.
"ChatGPT".... that's a good line. Christie got his money's worth for his consultants coming up with that line.

Trump gets criticized for using a limited vocabulary.... now we have a candidate that is being criticized because he sounds too smart.

Its funny that for the last 2 general elections we've heard about the supposed "deep bench" the GOP has.

Is this it? A guy with 91 indictments and This Vivek fellow?
Trump is no longer an option. If you're watching the legal procedures carefully you can see that it's building up to a crescendo of disqualification. They are simply not going to allow him to run. I think Desantis and probably a few others are already aware of this.

The young Indian entrepreneur no doubt has an IQ that surpasses the rest of the IQ's totaled arithmetically. Still his message Is foggy. This is where it his lack of experience shows up.
Biden will get a second term.

Last edited:
The highlight was when Christie was booed for saying we should uphold the constitution.

That shows how far the GOP has fallen.

He was booed in his intro. I posted.on here that the boo birds would be out when he spoke and they were. He is simply.not liked because his entire campaign is based upon hurting Trump...Vivek stated.this in the debate.

Vivek is a smart guy........not because his policy ideas are good -- because they are not....

But because he knows that all you have to do in order to gain traction with republican voters is cater to their need to be outraged over made up shit, cater to their need for red meat, and just be willing to say more over-the-top right wing bullshit than the next guy

DeSantis tried this with saying he will start shooting brown people at the border -- that is something their voters have been wanting for decades -- but DeSantis is a weirdo with no personality, so that didn't help him much..

Vivek, in order to get pats on the head from Republicans voters, may actually murder "drug mules" at the border just so he can campaign on it....if he does this, I think he will surpass Trump as the leader of the GOP

The highlight was when Christie was booed for saying we should uphold the constitution.

That shows how far the GOP has fallen.

Also,.as an aside,.if you read between the lines on this site alone, where many U.S police roam; there is an eagerness to support Canadas system which is hardly congruent with the U.S Constituion.

Forum List

Back