🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rand Paul: 'I am running for president'

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
For Rand Paul, it's all led to this moment.

Since riding the tea party wave into the Senate in 2010, Paul has carefully built a brand of mainstream libertarianism -- dogged advocacy of civil liberties combined with an anti-interventionist foreign policy and general support for family values -- that he bets will create a coalition of younger voters and traditional Republicans to usher him into the White House.

The test of that theory begins Tuesday when the Kentucky senator is expected to make official what has been clear for years: He's running for president.

The formal announcement will come at a rally in Louisville and he'll immediately hit the campaign trail, swinging through New Hampshire, South Carolina, Iowa and Nevada -- the states that traditionally vote first in the primaries and caucuses.
Election 2016 Rand Paul poised to launch campaign - CNN.com

No shock here, but Ashley Killough apparently has no idea what an "anti-interventionist foreign policy" looks like if she's claiming Rand has supported it.

I like Paul

He will make the election fun

I'm glad he threw his hat in the ring, some GOP RINO will probably be the chosen establishment candidate but Rand make shake up the debates.

Rand will force the far right and the mainstream alike to focus.

Good deal.

I'm glad he threw his hat in the ring, some GOP RINO will probably be the chosen establishment candidate but Rand make shake up the debates.

Paul adds an interesting perspective and does not spout kneejerk Republican doctrine

While some of his views are controversial, he does add a different point of view and is not as batshit crazy as his father

Since riding the tea party wave into the Senate in 2010, Paul has carefully built a brand of mainstream libertarianism -- dogged advocacy of civil liberties combined with an anti-interventionist foreign policy and general support for family values -- that he bets will create a coalition of younger voters and traditional Republicans to usher him into the White House.

The test of that theory begins Tuesday when the Kentucky senator is expected to make official what has been clear for years: He's running for president.

The formal announcement will come at a rally in Louisville and he'll immediately hit the campaign trail, swinging through New Hampshire, South Carolina, Iowa and Nevada -- the states that traditionally vote first in the primaries and caucuses.

No shock here, but Ashley Killough apparently has no idea what an "anti-interventionist foreign policy" looks like if she's claiming Rand has supported it.
Rand Paul, proof the fruit doesn't fall far from the nut tree.

Paul isn't the Tea Party. They have their own followers and has had before the Tea Party even came into the picture.

But when does CNN ever tell the truth

I like him a lot better than his Dad... actually, his Dad's biggest problem was his supporters.. a bunch of nutters.

More the merrier, you go Rand. ...And it's not because I know the more GOP candidates run, the less votes any 1 has or anything. ;)

Rand Paul, proof the fruit doesn't fall far from the nut tree.
Except that he's nowhere near as principled as his father was.

Paul isn't the Tea Party. They have their own followers and has had before the Tea Party even came into the picture.

But when does CNN ever tell the truth
Rand Paul owes much of his success in 2010 to the Tea Party. I think far less than is commonly attributed to the Tea Party, because it was his father's supporters who made him relevant in the first place, but there's no question that he won in large part due to the Tea Party. He even wrote a book about his election called "The Tea Party Goes to Washington."

The neocons he's spent years cozying up to have done the obvious and already started attacking him.

The neocons will do what ever they can to sabotage Paul because he won't go along with their unnecessary war mongering and there's a lot of money and power to be made for politicians when we're always beating the war drums.

He's announcing here in Las Vegas as well this Saturday and I will be attending.

The neocons will do what ever they can to sabotage Paul because he won't go along with their unnecessary war mongering and there's a lot of money and power to be made for politicians when we're always beating the war drums.

He's announcing here in Las Vegas as well this Saturday and I will be attending.
Except he's voted for sanctions on Iran in the past to please the neocons, signed on to Cotton's letter to disrupt diplomacy with Iran, and did an about face on cutting foreign aid to Israel. He's more than willing to go along with their war mongering.

Damn fool used the wrong e-mail address.

His "run announce" should have gone to The DNC where it might have cast a ray of sunshine into their dank, dark room - ripe with the smell of the hildebeest.

Rand Paul is a candidate that could seriously earn my vote. I like quite a few of his positions but I need to see a bit more details of his plans for this nation first. I look forward to seeing what he brings to the table.

he seems to be a good man. Not quite as crazy as his dad. I just don't agree with everything he stands for

Forum List

Back