Rand Paul working for the minority vote.

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
Rand Paul Veers Off Party Line on Sentencing, Voting Rights - Washington Wire - WSJ

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s resistance to military intervention abroad is likely to be viewed as his biggest break from Republican tradition if he seeks his party’s nomination in 2016.

But Mr. Paul is also challenging his own party by increasingly embracing issues dear to the African-American voters who have overwhelmingly rejected the GOP for decades.

Mr. Paul is championing the restoration of voting rights to felons, wants to ease sentencing of nonviolent drug offenders and says he disagrees with Republican-led efforts in several states to curtail early voting and require voters to show photo ID at the polls.

I can cotton to a lot of what he says, but the voter ID stance is a no-go. That avenue of democrook voter fraud has to be shut down. You have to have ID to function in every single other capacity as a citizen. There is no logical or rational arguement for not making sure a voter is who they say they are. The bed wetters can wail all they like about "disenfranchizing blacks". That's utter bullshit and every lucid person knows it.

If the bed wetters actually gave a fiddler's fuck about black people, they wouldn't have spent the last 50 years in societal and cultural decline. A decline designed, managed and enforced by the party of the KKK.

Last edited:
Nothing said about Rand Paul in your quote is off the Libertarian party line. Libertarians are not the same thing as Republicans. Rand Paul is a Libertarian using the more popular Republican brand to get ahead in life.

As for Voter ID, only an idiot supports such a waste of taxpayer dollars. It does not stop or prevent the types of voter fraud which occur, logical fallacies about needing an ID to buy liquor notwithstanding.

States with even the strictest Voter ID requirements still experience voter fraud. One has to be a willful idiot to continue to think it is efficacious.

Last edited:
Rand Paul is likely the best Candidate for President out there today. He can cross some ideological lines. There's no one else out there who can.

• Banned
Rand Paul is likely the best Candidate for President out there today. He can cross some ideological lines. There's no one else out there who can.

I like a lot of what he says, and even for the things I'm not too impressed with, he wouldn't be able to unilaterally impliment them and maintain the principles he professes to espouse.

He couldn't do anything about state voter ID laws, and he probably knows it, but uses that issue to appeal to the audience in question.

I don't even think he could do much to withdraw our military presence from everywhere that he'd like to. I'm sure he could a little bit, but I'm sure there would be political pressure against him

Out of everyone else in the 2016 picture I do believe he is the one, possibly the only one, who would work to reduce federal government power across the board. That really does need to be done.

I like a lot of what he says, and even for the things I'm not too impressed with, he wouldn't be able to unilaterally impliment them and maintain the principles he professes to espouse.

He couldn't do anything about state voter ID laws, and he probably knows it, but uses that issue to appeal to the audience in question.

I don't even think he could do much to withdraw our military presence from everywhere that he'd like to. I'm sure he could a little bit, but I'm sure there would be political pressure against him

Out of everyone else in the 2016 picture I do believe he is the one, possibly the only one, who would work to reduce federal government power across the board. That really does need to be done.

Good points. Yeah, i just don't see anyone else out there who can cross ideological lines the way he can. I think the People are ready for something different. The old predictable Communists/Progressives and Neocons have had their day. It's time for someone like Rand Paul.

The more he talks, the more I like him. He's all about FREEDOM and LESS GOVERNMENT. :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Rand Paul seems to be doing quite a bit of positioning. Wouldn't the Libertarian position to be "let the states decide for themselves" in terms of voter ID? Would he support federal intervention to curtail these efforts?

I wonder if black voters will forget about his neo-confederate past?

Last edited:
  • Banned
Rand Paul seems to be doing quite a bit of positioning. Wouldn't the Libertarian position to be "let the states decide for themselves" in terms of voter ID? Would he support federal intervention to curtail these efforts?

Yes it would be the libertarian position.

He can still come out and suggest he doesn't approve of voter ID laws even if he has no intention doing anything about it. However I'm sure that he knows voter ID laws are going to happen in red states, and that they're the best resort to combating fraud.

I wonder if the People will buy into your old tired Race-Baiting again? Hopefully not. But i guess we'll see.

He can still come out and suggest he doesn't approve of voter ID laws even if he has no intention doing anything about it. However I'm sure that he knows voter ID laws are going to happen in red states, and that they're the best resort to combating fraud.

So you, as a conservatard and/or lolbertardian, support a candidate who--by your own admission--is merely blowing smoke and engaging in political grandstanding with absolutely no intention of EVER fixing the problems he's whining about.

Interesting. While most conservatards are lying sacks of shit who spew hatred just for the shock value and don't actually believe any of the nonsense they say (except the bigoted parts), it's rare to actually meet someone bold enough to blatantly admit that.

I'll keep documentation of this incident in my "Times Conservatards Were Honest" folder. It will be easy to find when I need it, as it's the only thing in there.

I wonder if the People will buy into your old tired Race-Baiting again? Hopefully not. But i guess we'll see.

Yeah ... best to just ignore that dark side.

That would be the "honorable" thing, huh?

Because holding people accountable for their actions is .... "race-baiting"

Last edited:
Nothing said about Rand Paul in your quote is off the Libertarian party line. Libertarians are not the same thing as Republicans. Rand Paul is a Libertarian using the more popular Republican brand to get ahead in life.

As for Voter ID, only an idiot supports such a waste of taxpayer dollars. It does not stop or prevent the types of voter fraud which occur, logical fallacies about needing an ID to buy liquor notwithstanding.

States with even the strictest Voter ID requirements still experience voter fraud. One has to be a willful idiot to continue to think it is efficacious.

Right now, he is about the only one in the pack I would vote for.

Find me one case of voter fraud that could have been stopped or prevented only by Voter ID.

Just one.

He's way too inexperienced. He contradicts himself and is a poser. The Establishment Democrats and Republicans would eat him for breakfast and still be hungry. He would not accomplish a single goal.

And he would drone bomb a liquor store holdup man.

Doesn't anyone here remember when we used to kick a fit about candidates not having enough experience? Paul's a beginner who would be way out of his depth. Just like Obama.

He has promise, but he is nowhere near ready to be President.

Last edited:

Find me one case of voter fraud that could have been stopped or prevented only by Voter ID.

Just one.

find one instance where voter fraud was rampant enough to sway an election ... just one.

Please explain his neo-confederate past!

He's way too inexperienced. He contradicts himself and is a poser. The Establishment Democrats and Republicans would eat him for breakfast and still be hungry. He would not accomplish a single goal.

Doesn't anyone here remember when we used to kick a fit about candidates not having enough experience? Paul's a beginner who would be way out of his depth. Just like Obama.

Who else do you have?

Who else do you have?

I don't see a single promising person in the GOP. There is no Reagan there, that's for sure. Nowhere in sight. Not even over the horizon.

All I see on the Left are populists. All I see on the Right are demagogues.

Rand Paul stands out just by being Libertarian. But it does not automatically follow a standout is the best guy for the job, especially if he wears a propeller hat.

Who else do you have?

I don't see a single promising person in the GOP. There is no Reagan there, that's for sure. Nowhere in sight. Not even over the horizon.

All I see on the Left are populists. All I see on the Right are demagogues.

Rand Paul stands out just by being Libertarian. But it does not automatically follow a standout is the best guy for the job, especially if he wears a propeller hat.

Then I repeat, he's pretty much the only one in the pack I would vote for now.

So you, as a conservatard and/or lolbertardian, support a candidate who--by your own admission--is merely blowing smoke and engaging in political grandstanding with absolutely no intention of EVER fixing the problems he's whining about.

Interesting. While most conservatards are lying sacks of shit who spew hatred just for the shock value and don't actually believe any of the nonsense they say (except the bigoted parts), it's rare to actually meet someone bold enough to blatantly admit that.

I'll keep documentation of this incident in my "Times Conservatards Were Honest" folder. It will be easy to find when I need it, as it's the only thing in there.

LOL!!!

yeah...

A politician who panders...

Totally unacceptable!!! Not to standard. I shall forfeit my potato rations and offer up a sacrifice to Gaia, flog myself and report to gulag for re-education!!

Forum List

Back