Raul Castro: "I apologize to President Obama"

Obama, on Cuba, is right. Period

No! The Castros are tyrants of the first order, as bad as tyrants get. Kennedy should not have derailed the exiled Cuban Patriots' invasion and should have never changed the landing site. He should have never halted air support and should have backed up the Patriots with U.S.. Marines and U.S. air support. Batista was a bad hombre, but Castro was far worse.

Actually, the U.S. should have claimed Cuba and held it as a territory after winning it from Spain in the Spanish American War.

Neo-con foolishness ever lives. Amazing. Kennedy derailed nothing. With the air power that had been promised, the invasion forces could have survived an extra four or five days at the most.

What the far right neo-cons (then they were leftist neo-cons) hat to admit was that the Cuban rose up and beat down the 'liberation' brigade of mercenaries.

Wow, just fucking wow! you know nothing about the incident except what you read in Left Wing articles. Well, the whole second Marine division was on standby and two U.S. Aircraft Carriers were standing by off shore waiting for the 'go' orders that never came. How do I know? I just happened to be serving in the U.S. Navy with the security clearance and in a job that required me access to classified material on the subject.

No! The Castros are tyrants of the first order, as bad as tyrants get. Kennedy should not have derailed the exiled Cuban Patriots' invasion and should have never changed the landing site. He should have never halted air support and should have backed up the Patriots with U.S.. Marines and U.S. air support. Batista was a bad hombre, but Castro was far worse.

Actually, the U.S. should have claimed Cuba and held it as a territory after winning it from Spain in the Spanish American War.

Neo-con foolishness ever lives. Amazing. Kennedy derailed nothing. With the air power that had been promised, the invasion forces could have survived an extra four or five days at the most.

What the far right neo-cons (then they were leftist neo-cons) hat to admit was that the Cuban rose up and beat down the 'liberation' brigade of mercenaries.

Wow, just fucking wow! you know nothing about the incident except what you read in Left Wing articles. Well, the whole second Marine division was on standby and two U.S. Aircraft Carriers were standing by off shore waiting for the 'go' orders that never came. How do I know? I just happened to be serving in the U.S. Navy with the security clearance and in a job that required me access to classified material on the subject.

Give us the links to your proof, please, that it "was on standby and two U.S. Aircraft Carriers were standing by off shore waiting for the 'go' orders that never came." I doubt the 1st Bn 6th Marine Regiment is the whole 2d Division. Come on, give us the link.

Last edited:

Give us the links to your proof, please, that it "was on standby and two U.S. Aircraft Carriers were standing by off shore waiting for the 'go' orders that never came." I doubt the 1st Bn 6th Marine Regiment is the whole 2d Division. Come on, give us the link.

Links to 1960's classified U.S. Navy material?? U nuts??

Links to 1960's classified U.S. Navy material?? U nuts??
:lol: Nothing classified on it. What you have mixed up is the Orstic plans in late 1962 if we had to go into Cuba over the missile crisis. I do know two carriers and both Marine Divisions were on stand by if needed.

Last edited:
Good for him, and, whilst he is at it, perhaps he can cure cancer or do something worthy of note. This pandering to a dying dictatorship isn't wowing me personally, but who knows, ten years from now this might be seen as halfway memorable. Ehhh, I doubt it.

Two of my cousins are angling for a gambling concession in Santiago. They do it right, they will make more than Oceans, 11, 12, and 13 combined.

Since neo-conservatism has proved a failure to change Cuba, we will see if good old-fashioned capitalist greed will have any influence.

Last edited:
It amazes me how Cubans keep all those old American cars on the road. Seems like mechanical ingenuity to me.

Forum List

Back