🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Raw milk can be dangerous

raw milk, good stuff, I have drunk gallons of it, gallons and gallons as a kid. I liked the inch of cream on the top.

Cow's milk! I have goats and the cream (fat) component is more finely distributed, rather like naturally homogenized, very little cream on top. Just as delicious...and healthy, raw goat's milk.
all cream is healthy

I didn't say it wasn't. I'm actually disappointed that about the only way to get enough cream from goats' milk is by using a centrifuge. My granddaughters will wait on either side of the milking bench and participate in "target practice". The only way to get fresher raw milk is to suck it from the teat. My family thrives on raw milk.

raw milk kills infants. undeniable fact.
That's a new one. Where's your proof? The CDC doesn't have any documented deaths from raw milk.

"While many raw milk advocates say it has inherent nutritional advantages and even helps cure or ease the symptoms of ailments such as asthma and various allergies, most food-safety experts discount those claims as anecdotal, saying they’re not based on science. They also warn of the serious risks to human health associated with drinking milk that hasn’t been pasteurized."

A Mom and a Dairyman Plead Don t Feed Children Raw Milk Food Safety News

Oh..and incidentally...

"Campylobacter is common in the developing world, and travelers to foreign countries are at risk for becoming infected with Campylobacter. Approximately one-fifth (19%) of Campylobacter cases identified in FoodNet are associated with international travel."

CDC - Campylobacter General Information - NCZVED
Don't buy raw milk from people who hire undocumenteds. It's just another illness like tb that you are more likely to catch if you do.
koshergrl says: “raw milk kills infants. undeniable fact.”

rawmilkmike says: “That's a new one. Where's your proof? The CDC doesn't have any documented deaths from raw milk.”

koshergrl is speechless.
From 1998 through 2011, 148 outbreaks due to consumption of raw milk or raw milk products were reported to CDC. These resulted in 2,384 illnesses, 284 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths.
CDC - Raw Milk Questions and Answers - Food Safety
The impact of pasteurized milk on public health was nothing short of astounding. In 1885 the infant mortality rate in New York City was 273 per 1,000 live births -more than 27%. By 1915 the infant mortality rate was 94 per 1,000, a drop of two-thirds.
The Fight for Safe Milk Pasteurization - Neatorama
It says “raw milk or raw milk products” The two deaths were associated with cheese not milk.

Infant mortality was normally high among immigrants. Have you read some of the concoctions fed to infants back then? There is no evidence that it was ever caused by raw milk. Lack of raw milk maybe.
so just what in the hell changed, other than pasteurization, that caused the dramatic decrease in infant mortality? nothing. nothing that can account for that change except kids stopped getting raw milk.

you want to be an idiot and drink raw milk, go ahead.

just stop lying to people and saying it's safe. it's not. it's dangerous. it can kill. pretending otherwise is ignorant and flies in the face of science.
What science? Between the CDC, FDA, AMA, and yourself if you had any proof you would have produced it by now. There are millions of Americans that KNOW the truth.
there are millions of americans that know the truth.
you just aren't one of them.

those of us with brains in our heads only drink safe milk.

the science is settled. raw milk carries diseases. pasteurizing the milk kills the bacteria, making the milk safer.

that's the science. do you have any science to dispute that very basic fact?

"Safe" milk is shit milk. Why in hell would anyone want to buy, and consume, a product that was so thoroughly purged of all its natural goodness that it would have to be "fortified"?

raw milk, good stuff, I have drunk gallons of it, gallons and gallons as a kid. I liked the inch of cream on the top.

Cow's milk! I have goats and the cream (fat) component is more finely distributed, rather like naturally homogenized, very little cream on top. Just as delicious...and healthy, raw goat's milk.
all cream is healthy

I didn't say it wasn't. I'm actually disappointed that about the only way to get enough cream from goats' milk is by using a centrifuge. My granddaughters will wait on either side of the milking bench and participate in "target practice". The only way to get fresher raw milk is to suck it from the teat. My family thrives on raw milk.
I was not disagreeing, just saying I like cream. The Internet does not always express my meaning, sorry.

That's a new one. Where's your proof? The CDC doesn't have any documented deaths from raw milk.

"While many raw milk advocates say it has inherent nutritional advantages and even helps cure or ease the symptoms of ailments such as asthma and various allergies, most food-safety experts discount those claims as anecdotal, saying they’re not based on science. They also warn of the serious risks to human health associated with drinking milk that hasn’t been pasteurized."

Oh..and incidentally...

"Campylobacter is common in the developing world, and travelers to foreign countries are at risk for becoming infected with Campylobacter. Approximately one-fifth (19%) of Campylobacter cases identified in FoodNet are associated with international travel."

Don't buy raw milk from people who hire undocumenteds. It's just another illness like tb that you are more likely to catch if you do.

rawmilkmike says: “That's a new one. Where's your proof? The CDC doesn't have any documented deaths from raw milk.”

koshergrl is speechless.
From 1998 through 2011, 148 outbreaks due to consumption of raw milk or raw milk products were reported to CDC. These resulted in 2,384 illnesses, 284 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths.
The impact of pasteurized milk on public health was nothing short of astounding. In 1885 the infant mortality rate in New York City was 273 per 1,000 live births -more than 27%. By 1915 the infant mortality rate was 94 per 1,000, a drop of two-thirds.
It says “raw milk or raw milk products” The two deaths were associated with cheese not milk.

Infant mortality was normally high among immigrants. Have you read some of the concoctions fed to infants back then? There is no evidence that it was ever caused by raw milk. Lack of raw milk maybe.
so just what in the hell changed, other than pasteurization, that caused the dramatic decrease in infant mortality? nothing. nothing that can account for that change except kids stopped getting raw milk.

just stop lying to people and saying it's safe. it's not. it's dangerous. it can kill. pretending otherwise is ignorant and flies in the face of science.
What science? Between the CDC, FDA, AMA, and yourself if you had any proof you would have produced it by now. There are millions of Americans that KNOW the truth.

the science is settled. raw milk carries diseases. pasteurizing the milk kills the bacteria, making the milk safer.

ogibillm, you are the attacker, the accuser, the name caller, the one trying to force others to buy your product. The burden of proof is yours.
and i've proven it. pasteurization kills harmful bacteria.
potentially life threatening illnesses are carried by raw milk.
pasteurization reduced the infant mortality rate.

none of these facts are in dispute, but you still want to claim that raw milk is safe despite all the science saying otherwise.

Pas

all cream is healthy

I was not disagreeing, just saying I like cream. The Internet does not always express my meaning, sorry.

I love cream...too bad goat milk doesn't make a lot of it. To make butter, I have to skim it off with a teaspoon!

Here's a little something to think about for those who keep telling us the government should stay out of our business and allow free sale of raw milk.

45 in Utah have campylobacteriosis from raw milk - CNN.com

Awe.. that is too bad. Stay the hell out of what I eat, drink and feed my kids. Grew up on a small dairy farm, none of us died.

I eat raw pork liver as well.

Stupid idiots did not know how to take care of their milk.

Here's a little something to think about for those who keep telling us the government should stay out of our business and allow free sale of raw milk.

Awe.. that is too bad. Stay the hell out of what I eat, drink and feed my kids. Grew up on a small dairy farm, none of us died.

There's big difference in small diary farms of yesterday with local distribution. Today, diary farms are huge, some with as many 30,000 cows with little attention paid to their health compared to the small farms of yesterday. The milk on the table today may have traveled hundreds of miles before if finally reaches the dinner table weeks after it comes from the cow. Only on a fool would suggest we not pasteurized milk today.

There's big difference in small diary farms of yesterday with local distribution. Today, diary farms are huge, some with as many 30,000 cows with little attention paid to their health compared to the small farms of yesterday. The milk on the table today may have traveled hundreds of miles before if finally reaches the dinner table weeks after it comes from the cow. Only on a fool would suggest we not pasteurized milk today.

30K Turn table dairy farms are not selling raw milk...

Locals are selling raw milk from their 25 cow dairy...

When I tell you a small family farm it was 500 head of jerseys milked by HAND.

Try not to baffle me with bullshit ok?

Oh..and incidentally...

koshergrl is speechless.

ogibillm, you are the attacker, the accuser, the name caller, the one trying to force others to buy your product. The burden of proof is yours.
and i've proven it. pasteurization kills harmful bacteria.
potentially life threatening illnesses are carried by raw milk.
pasteurization reduced the infant mortality rate.

none of these facts are in dispute, but you still want to claim that raw milk is safe despite all the science saying otherwise.

Pas

all cream is healthy

I love cream...too bad goat milk doesn't make a lot of it. To make butter, I have to skim it off with a teaspoon!
PAS
abbreviation for
1. (Medicine) physician-assisted suicide: a practice in which a terminally-ill person requests a medical practitioner to administer a lethal dose of medication
pas (pɑː; French pɑ)
n, pl pas (pɑːz; French pɑ)
1. (Ballet) a dance step or movement, esp in ballet
2. the right to precede; precedence
[C18: French, literally: step]

Which do you mean?

Gawd the level of stupid in this thread is amazing....

Most people in this Nation have no idea what they eat, what it was raised on or how it was grown, they see a few videos put out by some numbskull or read some shit on the USDA website or whatever and by gawd its gospel. Never mind we have lived thousands of years...

Because of you own cleanliness and genetic intolerance and modern medicine is the only flipping reason a third of you are still alive...

Yet those of us whom prefer to actually taste our food... well everything we do should be outlawed.... chumps... as bad as those assholes whom think peanut butter should be outlawed because your kid might ask my kid for a bite of her sandwich in school...

There are a reason for genetic deaths...they actually serve a purpose.

If your kid is lactose intolerant, do the world a favor, don't let it breed.

Oh..and incidentally...

koshergrl is speechless.

Nope, raw milk carries stuff that kills weak bodies.

So does Meat, so does everything we eat unless it is put through all types of different treatments, that is why we invented things like skimming, boiling, curing, smoking, all sorts of ways to preserve.

But here is the simple fact...

We with our cleanliness have created a society that can't eat a hunk of venison if it is starving with out getting sick... That will work well for you all in future.

There is no evidence that even the worst raw milk was or is as bad as the best pasteurized, homogenized milk of today. Pasteurization of milk does nothing to improve it's safety. Outbreaks of so called foodborne illness are mathematical models based on speculative(fraudulent really) input. There is no way to know if any of them actually have anything to do with food, lack of food maybe. They simple mean that some of the annual 12 billion cases of diarrhea in this country happen to people who ate the same food. It doesn't matter if your product has a negative risk factor and is actually preventing the very same illnesses. It can always be associated with so called foodborne illness.

Oh..and incidentally...

koshergrl is speechless.

So does Meat, so does everything we eat unless it is put through all types of different treatments, that is why we invented things like skimming, boiling, curing, smoking, all sorts of ways to preserve.

We with our cleanliness have created a society that can't eat a hunk of venison if it is starving with out getting sick... That will work well for you all in future.
Nope, raw milk could theoretically carry bacteria that is sometimes found in diarrhea. There is no proof that that bacteria is the cause let alone where it may have come from if in fact it wasn't already in the body before the illness. Raw milk is the least friendly to unwanted bacteria and the least likely to be contaminated by it. No one lives in a bubble. We are all exposed to these bacteria. In most cases food is actually the least likely source.

Last edited:

That may or may not be true but there is no reason to stipulate to the propaganda. There is no reason to believe that any of these people were sickened by their milk.

Oh..and incidentally...

koshergrl is speechless.

Nope, raw milk could theoretically carry bacteria that is sometimes found in diarrhea. There is no proof that that bacteria is the cause let alone where it may have come from if in fact it wasn't already in the body before the illness. Raw milk is the least friendly to unwanted bacteria and the least likely to be contaminated by it.

Oh good grief, stop shooting yourself in the foot.

I spent more time pulling the tits of jerseys in my youth then you have seen cows.

Here is how bacteria and milk work.

When milk is in the bag it is pure and it is also sterile. ZERO bacteria count.

However when it hits the can, the bacteria from the environment around it can invade and contaminate it.

Milk with less than a 3% bacterial count is sold as a premium to whomever you are selling too. It is also sold by butterfat content and pound.

At 5% it becomes marginal and you will get crap for a pay check. At 5.5% you cannot sell it.

Now if you have an infected cow, then you are an idiot if you put that in the jug.... Unless you are milking 1000 head and know it will be diluted.

Many dairy farmers now take that chance.

Milk that is less than 3% bac and 12% butterfat is golden and worth a helleva lot right now...

It is used to mix with the shit most dairy's produce to make it drinkable after it is boiled down to white water so it does not kill the weak and the meek.

None of you know a damn thing about modern milk and that plastic jug it comes from.

That may or may not be true but there is no reason to stipulate to the propaganda. There is no reason to believe that any of these people were sickened by their milk.

Sure they were, but it was not the milks fault, it was the way it was taken care of and environment it was in when it was handled.

Possibly it was a certain cow, if that milk was predominantly from a cold cow, well then it makes perfect sense. Look man, I believe in drinking whole, raw milk, I drink it every day. But don't play that it is always golden crap, you can feed someone bad milk, just like you can bad meat or anything else.

The question is, do you have the 'stomach' to deal with bad food, and most today do not.

My two brothers and I caught Undulant fever from raw milk, it nearly killed my younger brother.
Undulant fever definition - Medical Dictionary Definitions of Popular Terms Defined on MedTerms
What makes you think it was caused by raw milk. Was raw milk your only food? Was it you only exposure risk?
@rawmilkmike
I live in the UK. Undulant fever then was classified as a "notifiable disease" which meant department of health specialist descended on us.This was 55yrs ago and we had milk delivered from our local farm only.The Department of Health came to a very factual conclusion that it was the milk that infected us and six other neighbours kids.
Was raw milk your only food? Was it your only exposure risk? 55yrs ago did you really have raw milk delivered from your local farm? What facts could have supported such a conclusion? Even today such accusations are not supported by the facts. Currently all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands are brucellosis Class Free.
My mother was from Eastern Europe, she had trained in France to be a Doctor. The other neighbors kids ate very different food to us.All I remember is the farmer was prosecuted and found guilty.He then had to replace his pasteurization machinery. My mother then bought a house cow for milk.
It is legal in the UK for farmers to sell "raw" milk from their premises.Brucellosis was eradicated in the UK around 1980.

My two brothers and I caught Undulant fever from raw milk, it nearly killed my younger brother.
Undulant fever definition - Medical Dictionary Definitions of Popular Terms Defined on MedTerms
What makes you think it was caused by raw milk. Was raw milk your only food? Was it you only exposure risk?
@rawmilkmike
I live in the UK. Undulant fever then was classified as a "notifiable disease" which meant department of health specialist descended on us.This was 55yrs ago and we had milk delivered from our local farm only.The Department of Health came to a very factual conclusion that it was the milk that infected us and six other neighbours kids.
Was raw milk your only food? Was it your only exposure risk? 55yrs ago did you really have raw milk delivered from your local farm? What facts could have supported such a conclusion? Even today such accusations are not supported by the facts. Currently all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands are brucellosis Class Free.
My mother was from Eastern Europe, she had trained in France to be a Doctor. The other neighbors kids ate very different food to us.All I remember is the farmer was prosecuted and found guilty.He then had to replace his pasteurization machinery. My mother then bought a house cow for milk.
It is legal in the UK for farmers to sell "raw" milk from their premises.Brucellosis was eradicated in the UK around 1980.
LOL Brucellosis (bangs) has not ever been 'eradicated' anywhere.

@rawmilkmike
LOL Brucellosis (bangs) has not ever been 'eradicated' anywhere.
in cows? you better tell that to the BBC. BBC News - Selfridges raw milk farmer Stephen Hook to carry on selling But Mr Hook insisted: "Our cows are tested every year for TB and we have never had it. Brucellosis was eradicated as a cattle disease in this country in the early 1980s, so it is no longer an issue."

Forum List

Back