Raygun made over 250 recess appointments

With the nuclear option in place Obama does not need to make recess appointments, the senate will just confirm who ever they want.

Far left Obama drones remember this when your side looses the senate.

Considering the timeline of the nuke option and the start of appointments, there is quite a lag....

Here's a great example of hypocrite:

'The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buck stops here." Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.' Barack Obama 2006

Read more at snopes.com: Obama on the Debt Limit

President Obama Signs Law Raising Public Debt Limit from $12.4 Trillion to $14.3 Trillion - ABC News

With the nuclear option in place Obama does not need to make recess appointments, the senate will just confirm who ever they want.

Far left Obama drones remember this when your side looses the senate.

nuclear option? i thought we were calling that the Constitutional option again.

I don't think its hypocrisy. The gop made it clear they will not allow the potus to make it easier to organize unions. Essentially, that's what led to this. There were other issues as well. 1980 was a different era, and a time when both parties looked for common ground. If the dems behaved when W was potus like the gop is behaving now, John Bolton would never have made it to the UN. Both sides can play the same game. Perhaps in a decade or so, we can return to more civil and productive approaches.

What's amusing to me is that the Supreme Court just voted 9-0 that Barack Obama was wrong...that's a unanimous vote including the two extremely liberal Justices that were APPOINTED by Obama to the Court...and yet you STILL don't want to admit that Obama was out of line doing what he did!

if he was wrong what do you call the stunt of blocking the appointments and technically keeping congress in session while performing no business?

yes, the president overstepped. and republicans are just assholes.

Dude, Obama appointed those people to the NLRB over a three day weekend! That's bullshit and even the liberals on the Court knew it. Congress was not in "recess". Barry abused the separation of powers and got his hand slapped for it.

What's amusing to me is that the Supreme Court just voted 9-0 that Barack Obama was wrong...that's a unanimous vote including the two extremely liberal Justices that were APPOINTED by Obama to the Court...and yet you STILL don't want to admit that Obama was out of line doing what he did!

if he was wrong what do you call the stunt of blocking the appointments and technically keeping congress in session while performing no business?

You are so blindly partisan, and lacking so very, very much any perspective or insight of historical facts. This is politics as usual, and if you think for a second--which I'm sure you are convinced of it--that Democrats have not been involved in petty and vicious attacking and delaying of Republican appointments you really are as uninformed as your posts suggest.

Last edited:
I don't think its hypocrisy. The gop made it clear they will not allow the potus to make it easier to organize unions. Essentially, that's what led to this. There were other issues as well. 1980 was a different era, and a time when both parties looked for common ground. If the dems behaved when W was potus like the gop is behaving now, John Bolton would never have made it to the UN. Both sides can play the same game. Perhaps in a decade or so, we can return to more civil and productive approaches.

are you thinking we'll get rid of the internet, talk radio, and the 24 hour 'news' channels, or are you thinking we'll outgrow our addiction to sound bites and bumper sticker simplifications of complex issues?

If ever there's a Democratic Senate and a Republican president again, every RWnut on this board will change his tune.

Actually every Democrat will change his view of the nuclear option and support the Democrats' move to restore the 2/3 majority for approvals. Demcorats are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

Dude, Obama appointed those people to the NLRB over a three day weekend! That's bullshit and even the liberals on the Court knew it. Congress was not in "recess". Barry abused the separation of powers and got his hand slapped for it.

Of the 13 cases this administration has brought before the Supreme Court, they have now lost 12. Ruling that the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE forcibly taking money from people who do not buy health insurance is not a tax, WHICH OBAMA FIRST SAID IT WAS--that is the only case that they have won.

Supreme Court Rules Unanimously Against Obama for 12th and 13th Time Since 2012 | National Review Online

it wasn't a three day weekend. the senate was kept in session by republicans when it was not conducted business specifically to block recess appointments. they were pro forma sessions. it wasn't a three day weekend.

If ever there's a Democratic Senate and a Republican president again, every RWnut on this board will change his tune.

Actually every Democrat will change his view of the nuclear option and support the Democrats' move to restore the 2/3 majority for approvals. Demcorats are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

again with the nuclear option. i thought it was still the constitutional option.

It's called checks and balances and is not a stunt.
You really should read up on what our Republic is all about.
Our President's cannot become Dictators.

You are so blindly partisan, and lacking so very, very much any perspective or insight of historical facts. This is politics as usual, and if you think for a second--which I'm sure you are convinced of it--that Democrats have not been involved in petty and vicious attacking and delaying of Republican appointments you really are as uninformed as your posts suggest.

i'm sure they have been. and when they did it, they were assholes. i'm happy with the 'nuclear option.' i think it'll smooth out these shenanigans and make senators accountable for their criticism and obstruction of confirmations.

If hypocrisy was water, the cons would drown.

Reagan also did the Iran-Contra scandal, gave amnesty to illegals and supported the Taliban fighters, just because he did these wrongful acts doesn't make it OK for future Presidents to do wrongful acts. Go back to Clinton and see some the BS he pulled that wouldn't make it OK for Bush or another Republican President to do that same or worse!

It's called checks and balances and is not a stunt.
You really should read up on what our Republic is all about.
Our President's cannot become Dictators.

it's called using a technicality to throw a tantrum. luckily it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I think the author of this thread intentionally misspelled Reagan in a lame attempt at disrespect, he really is that dumb.

Forum List

Back