Ready?

There's not much choice at this point.....Unless you want deflation, which is a lot worse.

The fed has been asleep at the switch for far too long, they should have been raising interest rates slowly back when Trump was POTUS.

No administration likes and fights against it but sometimes it has to be done or you get the shit sammich everyone is faced with now.

Yeah, it was kept far too low for far too long. If our economy was truly the best and most amazing in history under Trump it would have been the correct time to raise them. We should have been raising the rates and paying down the debt, but neither took place.

Yeah, it was kept far too low for far too long. If our economy was truly the best and most amazing in history under Trump it would have been the correct time to raise them. We should have been raising the rates and paying down the debt, but neither took place.
Looking at the numbers it was overheating slightly in the Halfrican's last couple years but when Trump started getting shed of regulations things really took off (in a good way) and that is when the fed should have quietly started raising rates by 25 basis points every other quarter.....Now they are looking at several back to back 50-75 basis point increases.....That's not good and it will result in a (needed at this point) recession.

Meh, hindsight is 20/20 but while history might not repeat itself exactly, it sure does rhyme a lot.

If our economy was truly the best and most amazing in history under Trump it would have been the correct time to raise them.
1. So was our economy "truly the best and most amazing in history under Trump" or not? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.
2. The Trump plan was to grow the economy faster than the debt, lowering the debt/GDP ratio.
3. You seem to ignore the multi-trillion dollar COVID spending spree as a direct cause of the current spike in inflation. Why is that?

1. So was our economy "truly the best and most amazing in history under Trump" or not? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.
2. The Trump plan was to grow the economy faster than the debt, lowering the debt/GDP ratio.
3. You seem to ignore the multi-trillion dollar COVID spending spree as a direct cause of the current spike in inflation. Why is that?

1. It was not, but it was a good economy and we should have been able to at least cut the deficit and raise rates so we would have some tools for later. But neither of those tings happened.
2. And he failed even prior to COVID

1650390521762.png

3. Not at all, we are talking about what should have happened prior to COVID.

Because GG is an arrogant Alpha.

1. It was not, but it was a good economy and we should have been able to at least cut the deficit and raise rates so we would have some tools for later. But neither of those tings happened.
2. And he failed even prior to COVID
1. Cutting the deficit is done by Congress, not the President. And what "tools" did we not have "for later?"

2. The Debt/GDP ratio went down under Trump until the newly elected Democrat Congress passed its 2019-2020 Budget Act.

Any other misinformation you would like to share?

1. Cutting the deficit is done by Congress, not the President. And what "tools" did we not have "for later?"

Does the POTUS not sign every single spending bill?

2. The Debt/GDP ratio went down until the newly elected Democrat Congress passed its 2019-2020 Budget Act.

1st QTR of 2017 the Debt/GDP ratio was 103.6. The bill above became law in Aug 2019. The 3rd qtr of 2019, before the bill kicked in the Debt/GDP ratio was 105.6. Now, I know you are not very good at math, but that is not down.

100% of YouTube videos by Economists says you’re wrong.
We are in a conundrum from which we cannot escape.
I'm thinking really good economists don't make U Tube videos? Regardless, I got the information from researchng currrent thinking among economists. I squeezed out a 'C' in Econ 101.

I'm thinking really good economists don't make U Tube videos? Regardless, I got the information from researchng currrent thinking among economists. I squeezed out a 'C' in Econ 101.
Many posters take the weekend shows or speeches and post them.
Our economy is in deep sh!t.

The prospect is like this - More and more countries will request emergency economic assistance from international financial institutions. International Monetary Funds, of course, will give (not to everyone), bringing the levels of government debt to completely hopeless. Guaranteeing future wars of survival

The prospect is like this - More and more countries will request emergency economic assistance from international financial institutions. International Monetary Funds, of course, will give (not to everyone), bringing the levels of government debt to completely hopeless. Guaranteeing future wars of survival
Believe it..
or Not? The Dam Is Finally Cracking - Daily Reckoning

our Economy Has a shitload of shit jobs..
Most are shitty paying..
Even the “better” jobs, like the 20 billion kids without credentials creating web sites, will be sacked when the start up money vanishes.

Unless you want deflation, which is a lot worse.
Bullshit. The health of our economy desperately needs deflation right now.

I recall paying 37 cents for a dozen eggs merely a couple years ago while Trump was in office.

Yesterday, under the Biden economy, I paid $2.78 for a dozen eggs at the same Kroger grocery store.

Do the math. That's 672% inflation.

That's called hyperinflation.

Forum List

Back