Reagan/Bush Acted Without Congress To Shield Immigrants From Deportation

Somehow I wandered onto the April 1st USMB.

Either that, or it must be Ground Hogs Day.

and the programmed reaganuts keep living in denial to know surprise.

Look, everyone knows that Reagan signed amnesty, and conservatives to this day still are pissed about it.
But Reagan signed a bill that went through Congress. He later made a modification to the bill, but it was related to the existing legislated bill.
That is not what is going on here, and you guys need to stop lying about it, unless you do not care about your board credibility.
lying is trolls like you guys hypocrite,next thing your going to say is he created 10,000 jobs and tried to help africans right?:asshole::rofl:
Libtards are the idiot liars.

Look, everyone knows that Reagan signed amnesty, and conservatives to this day still are pissed about it.
But Reagan signed a bill that went through Congress. He later made a modification to the bill, but it was related to the existing legislated bill.
That is not what is going on here, and you guys need to stop lying about it, unless you do not care about your board credibility.
lying is trolls like you guys hypocrite,next thing your going to say is he created 10,000 jobs and tried to help africans right?:asshole::rofl:

I would argue with you further, but based on your username, you have no credibility anyway.

So this is like five threads now I've merged on this same subject. Future ones will simply be deleted. It's called the Search function, folks. Use it.

The closest historical parallel is probably a program called the Family Fairness program from 1990. George H. W. Bush used executive authority to allow family members of immigrants who were getting legalized through the Reagan amnesty to apply for protection from deportation, covering about 1.4 million people — 40 percent of the unauthorized population at the time. (Likewise, the president's new action covers about 40 percent of the unauthorized population today.)

Show where Obama is doing the same thing under the "Reagan Amnesty".

Are you just careless, or are you an idiot?

If you want to be taken seriously, construct a coherent argument.

Are you just careless, or are you an idiot?

If you want to be taken seriously, construct a coherent argument.
yep thats you.hee hee.

I would argue with you further, but based on your username, you have no credibility anyway.
oh you are so easy for the CIA to brainwash,you believe 19 muslins who couldnt fly airplanes somehow highjacked airliners and crashed them into buildings doing all these amazing manuvers in air with airliners experts pilots have said they could not have pulled it off which is why THEY dont believe the official version either.talk about someone with no credibily,comedy gold.the brainwashed sheep,no wonder you believe the bs lies about reagan,comedy gold.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's anticipated order that would shield millions of immigrants now living illegally in the U.S. from deportation is not without precedent.

Two of the last three Republican presidents — Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — did the same thing in extending amnesty to family members who were not covered by the last major overhaul of immigration law in 1986.

There was no political explosion then comparable to the one Republicans are threatening now.

A tea party-influenced GOP is poised to erupt if and when Obama follows through on his promise. He wants to extend protection from deportation to millions of immigrant parents and spouses of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, and expand his 2-year-old program that shields immigrants brought illegally to this country as children.

"The audacity of this president to think he can completely destroy the rule of law with the stroke of a pen is unfathomable to me," said GOP Rep. Steve King of Iowa, an outspoken opponent of relaxing U.S. immigration law. "It is unconstitutional, it is cynical, and it violates the will of the American people."

Such strong feelings are common among congressional Republicans. GOP leaders warn that an executive order from Obama would "poison the well" and severely damage Republicans' willingness to work with the president during his final two years in office.

Some Republicans have even raised the possibility of impeachment.

More: Reagan, Bush Also Acted Without Congress To Shield Immigrants From Deportation

Yeah, but it's different when a black man wants to do it. It just is...somehow...
it has nothing to do with his color even though you want it to be........its called learning from the last time we did this.....AND there was lots of flak from the citizens last time this happened....so stick your color bullshit up your ass Chief.....

After six years of irrational, unreasonable congressional gridlock for things that previous presidents did without questioning + assholes like you on here, yup, it's about color.

After six years of irrational, unreasonable congressional gridlock for things that previous presidents did without questioning + assholes like you on here, yup, it's about color.

What you're saying is that Obama is a criminal because of his color? You claim that black men can't help but be criminals?

You're a bit of a fucking racist, aren't you now?

Reagan: what a Liberal!!!
Sounds more like a compassionate human making the best of a bad situation.

Read Ronald Reagan’s executive order on immigration the GOP won’t talk about

The following statement was made by then-President Ronald Reagan on July 30, 1981:

Our nation is a nation of immigrants. More than any other country, our strength comes from our own immigrant heritage and our capacity to welcome those from other lands. No free and prosperous nation can by itself accommodate all those who seek a better life or flee persecution. We must share this responsibility with other countries.

The bipartisan select commission which reported this spring concluded that the Cuban influx to Florida made the United States sharply aware of the need for more effective immigration policies and the need for legislation to support those policies.

For these reasons, I asked the Attorney General last March to chair a Task Force on Immigration and Refugee Policy. We discussed the matter when President Lopez Portillo visited me last month, and we have carefully considered the views of our Mexican friends. In addition, the Attorney General has consulted with those concerned in Congress and in affected States and localities and with interested members of the public.

The Attorney General is undertaking administrative actions and submitting to Congress, on behalf of the administration, a legislative package, based on eight principles. These principles are designed to preserve our tradition of accepting foreigners to our shores, but to accept them in a controlled and orderly fashion:

• We shall continue America’s tradition as a land that welcomes peoples from other countries. We shall also, with other countries, continue to share in the responsibility of welcoming and resettling those who flee oppression.
  • At the same time, we must ensure adequate legal authority to establish control over immigration: to enable us, when sudden influxes of foreigners occur, to decide to whom we grant the status of refugee or asylee; to improve our border control; to expedite (consistent with fair procedures and our Constitution) return of those coming here illegally; to strengthen enforcement of our fair labor standards and laws; and to penalize those who would knowingly encourage violation of our laws. The steps we take to further these objectives, however, must also be consistent with our values of individual privacy and freedom.
  • We have a special relationship with our closest neighbors, Canada and Mexico. Our immigration policy should reflect this relationship.
  • We must also recognize that both the United States and Mexico have historically benefited from Mexicans obtaining employment in the United States. A number of our States have special labor needs, and we should take these into account.
  • Illegal immigrants in considerable numbers have become productive members of our society and are a basic part of our work force. Those who have established equities in the United States should be recognized and accorded legal status. At the same time, in so doing, we must not encourage illegal immigration.
  • We shall strive to distribute fairly, among the various localities of this country, the impacts of our national immigration and refugee policy, and we shall improve the capability of those agencies of the Federal Government which deal with these matters.
  • We shall seek new ways to integrate refugees into our society without nurturing their dependence on welfare.
  • Finally, we recognize that immigration and refugee problems require international solutions. We will seek greater international cooperation in the resettlement of refugees and, in the Caribbean Basin, international cooperation to assist accelerated economic development to reduce motivations for illegal immigration.

Immigration and refugee policy is an important part of our past and fundamental to our national interest. With the help of the Congress and the American people, we will work towards a new and realistic immigration policy, a policy that will be fair to our own citizens while it opens the door of opportunity for those who seek a new life in America.
and the reagannut zombies think reagan was any different than Obama.comedy gold.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lol: reading this I would say Obama has done EXACTLY what he said he wanted to do as president.be just like reagan.:biggrin: Yep he has done just that.congrats Obama.:clap2:
So! You chose not to read the article I quoted and linked. I really can't help you if you choose to remain stupid and uninformed.

oh the irony,coming from a paid troll who refused to look at the facts on my thread that LBJ reversed JFK's policys on vietnam and STILL trolls lying that he did not,.YOUR one to talk.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::asshole:

and oh i read it and as the normal with you,miserable fail paid troll.:biggrin:
Paid troll???? You have proof, I'll assume?

Thread that LBJ reversed JFK's policies?????? Never saw such a thread. Why would you expect me to view any of your inane drivel?

So, unless you can provide links, I'll expect a public apology.

You read my link? Perhaps... I see you didn't understand it. Why am I not surprised? Someone who uses the wrong word in all caps has either a sub room temperature IQ or is willfully stupid.

here is a link just liek you asked for.

Be grateful JFK got elected in 1960 instead of Nixon US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

you got to remember they changed the format not too long ago so posts back then where they had a different rating system than the one they installed a couple months ago that were made back then have been deleted.

I remember your user name emphatically of one of the dumbfuck idiots who thanked the poster who made this dumbfuck bullshit statement in post number four here on my thread having arguments with you about in pm's with you on it cause like the dumbfuck you are,YOU were one of them who thanked that idiots post.

and there you go lying again,i have seen you MANY times say JFK expanded a war in vietnam and that bullshit on other threads countless times in the past,so its so obvous your lying paid troll.give me a break.

all you do is LIE here so im done feeding you troll giving you the attention you seek.

as always,everytime you are cornered and called out and proven wrong,you go to name calling.people like you should be banned.

yep and according to YOUR warped logic you have,because the government SAYS 19 muslims were behind the 9/11 attacks,its automatically the truth.comedy gold.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

thats priceles slogic trust our corrupt government institutions and the LAMEESTREAM media what THEY tell you,ignore experts in their fields what they say.I love it,no wonder you are so easy for the government to brainwash with lies on reagan,:lmao::lmao::lmao::lol:

this thread is attracting all the brainwashed reagnut zombies whom the truth hurts so im outta here.its all your synthic,I'll let you finish taking them to school like you have done such a great job on.

(sigh)

Will the liberal fanatics EVER tell the truth about what Republican Presidents did?
I love their logic,when they are cornered with pesky facts,they retreat to wikipedia worshipping them as the gospel truth.they are about as much truthful of facts as Obama,Dick "im not a crook" Nixon, or Bill "I never had sex with this woman" clinton is.comedy gold.they kill me with entertainment here.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol: there are so many sheopel here who cant think outside the box or for themselves.:lmao:

Sounds more like a compassionate human making the best of a bad situation.

Read Ronald Reagan’s executive order on immigration the GOP won’t talk about

The following statement was made by then-President Ronald Reagan on July 30, 1981:

Our nation is a nation of immigrants. More than any other country, our strength comes from our own immigrant heritage and our capacity to welcome those from other lands. No free and prosperous nation can by itself accommodate all those who seek a better life or flee persecution. We must share this responsibility with other countries.

The bipartisan select commission which reported this spring concluded that the Cuban influx to Florida made the United States sharply aware of the need for more effective immigration policies and the need for legislation to support those policies.

For these reasons, I asked the Attorney General last March to chair a Task Force on Immigration and Refugee Policy. We discussed the matter when President Lopez Portillo visited me last month, and we have carefully considered the views of our Mexican friends. In addition, the Attorney General has consulted with those concerned in Congress and in affected States and localities and with interested members of the public.

The Attorney General is undertaking administrative actions and submitting to Congress, on behalf of the administration, a legislative package, based on eight principles. These principles are designed to preserve our tradition of accepting foreigners to our shores, but to accept them in a controlled and orderly fashion:

• We shall continue America’s tradition as a land that welcomes peoples from other countries. We shall also, with other countries, continue to share in the responsibility of welcoming and resettling those who flee oppression.
  • At the same time, we must ensure adequate legal authority to establish control over immigration: to enable us, when sudden influxes of foreigners occur, to decide to whom we grant the status of refugee or asylee; to improve our border control; to expedite (consistent with fair procedures and our Constitution) return of those coming here illegally; to strengthen enforcement of our fair labor standards and laws; and to penalize those who would knowingly encourage violation of our laws. The steps we take to further these objectives, however, must also be consistent with our values of individual privacy and freedom.
  • We have a special relationship with our closest neighbors, Canada and Mexico. Our immigration policy should reflect this relationship.
  • We must also recognize that both the United States and Mexico have historically benefited from Mexicans obtaining employment in the United States. A number of our States have special labor needs, and we should take these into account.
  • Illegal immigrants in considerable numbers have become productive members of our society and are a basic part of our work force. Those who have established equities in the United States should be recognized and accorded legal status. At the same time, in so doing, we must not encourage illegal immigration.
  • We shall strive to distribute fairly, among the various localities of this country, the impacts of our national immigration and refugee policy, and we shall improve the capability of those agencies of the Federal Government which deal with these matters.
  • We shall seek new ways to integrate refugees into our society without nurturing their dependence on welfare.
  • Finally, we recognize that immigration and refugee problems require international solutions. We will seek greater international cooperation in the resettlement of refugees and, in the Caribbean Basin, international cooperation to assist accelerated economic development to reduce motivations for illegal immigration.

Immigration and refugee policy is an important part of our past and fundamental to our national interest. With the help of the Congress and the American people, we will work towards a new and realistic immigration policy, a policy that will be fair to our own citizens while it opens the door of opportunity for those who seek a new life in America.
and the reagannut zombies think reagan was any different than Obama.comedy gold.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lol: reading this I would say Obama has done EXACTLY what he said he wanted to do as president.be just like reagan.:biggrin: Yep he has done just that.congrats Obama.:clap2:
So! You chose not to read the article I quoted and linked. I really can't help you if you choose to remain stupid and uninformed.

oh the irony,coming from a paid troll who refused to look at the facts on my thread that LBJ reversed JFK's policys on vietnam and STILL trolls lying that he did not,.YOUR one to talk.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::asshole:

Thread that LBJ reversed JFK's policies?????? Never saw such a thread. Why would you expect me to view any of your inane drivel?

You read my link? Perhaps... I see you didn't understand it. Why am I not surprised? Someone who uses the wrong word in all caps has either a sub room temperature IQ or is willfully stupid.

Be grateful JFK got elected in 1960 instead of Nixon US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

you got to remember they changed the format not too long ago so posts back then where they had a different rating system than the one they installed a couple months ago that were made back then have been deleted.

I remember your user name emphatically of one of the dumbfuck idiots who thanked the poster who made this dumbfuck bullshit statement in post number four here on my thread having arguments with you about in pm's with you on it cause like the dumbfuck you are,YOU were one of them who thanked that idiots post.

and there you go lying again,i have seen you MANY times say JFK expanded a war in vietnam and that bullshit on other threads countless times in the past,so its so obvous your lying paid troll.give me a break.

all you do is LIE here so im done feeding you troll giving you the attention you seek.

as always,everytime you are cornered and called out and proven wrong,you go to name calling.people like you should be banned.
No posts were deleted. I have never had a PM or open board discussion with you over LBJ/JFK or anything remotely close. I probably negged you a time or two for stupidity, but mostly, I laugh at the ridiculous shit you post.
This conversation has reaffirmed my belief that you aren't worth discussing serious topics with and should be relegated to comedic relief status only

Again... post up proof, or issue a public apology.

No posts were deleted. I have never had a PM or open board discussion with you over LBJ/JFK or anything remotely close. I probably negged you a time or two for stupidity, but mostly, I laugh at the ridiculous shit you post.
This conversation has reaffirmed my belief that you aren't worth discussing serious topics with and should be relegated to comedic relief status only

oh what a liar,oh man another paid troll i need to put on ignore.

I have people on my friends list who gave me thanks back then on posts i made which are no longer there anymore cause of the new system installed.this guy is so much a liar everybody should add to ignore.

Last edited:

oh what a liar,oh man another paid troll i need to put on ignore.
LOL!

Forum List

Back