🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Realities about the the Economics of the Rich

NYC isn't where New Yorkers are educated, the educated come from upstate, in the state of New York.. and for the same reason, the lifestyle difference.

The Colleges are in NYC, the majority of the students are not from there.
:)

Don't even try that tactic...The colleges in Northern NYS are populated by outstanding High School graduates from NYC/LI who almost always come back to the Big City.

I know for fact that what you say is a lie, because unless they're millionaires that can afford a penthouse... they're not going to school and making money to ride the public city bus and be in that congestion.

And there no way that the cultural behaviors in America's "Big Cities" are acceptable by a private entity with a choice to take them in or not....

Nor does the big city's way of life today, create an educated culture of learning.

Amongst the kids I know, the average career span is about 5 years before they are making too much for their CEO to bear.
Their salaries can start in the mid 50s and rise to about 80K when they are replaced.
And boy are they shocked when they're replaced because every fool thinks they're special.

You ever hear of the Long Island Railroad or living in Park Slope or Downtown Brooklyn?
10 minutes from Manhattan.

For your information, there are many outstanding private schools in NYC and LI and I know more than a few kids who yawned their way to a perfect SAT score.

I'm sure that great schools exist in NYC.
Cussing like a sailor, littering, violence, threatening people, and wtf are you lookin' at white boy.... doesn't earn it.

You really believe that Parochial Schools provide a mediocre education?

America's best schools are religiously aligned.

Myth :
The richest 85 people own more than the rest of the entire world combined.

Truth :
The rich own very little.

The rich don't rely on the Government, the Rich don't shop in stores whose niche in the marketplace is to serve the poor.

The Rich buy their things from sources with a much smaller number of locations, and a much smaller line of supply than the poor do.

The Rich don't use busses at all, much less the city transit bus.

The Rich are not on medicare or Medicaid.

The Rich don't attend public schools, so they aren't taking seats that should be sat in by a poor kid.

Also....
There are many, many, many, many millions of times more things geared towards the Poor and the Middle Class, compared to things geared towards the rich.

And the majority of the Rich, are Rich on only 1 Business.

Myth :
The Rich take the food out of the poor's mouth.

Truth :
The poor take their own food out of the poor's mouth.
They don't go to school.
They don't have the correct attitude about education and learning.
They refuse to abide by private rules, which make up the majority of the rules we all live by.

There is no such a thing as lifting your way to prosperity..
Prosperity requires thought.

1. In the state of Pennsylvania, and presumably in the rest of America and the rest of the world...
The City that is Philadelphia, that houses the state of Pennsylvania's poor....

Is a much bigger place than nearby Cheltenham and Elkin's park and Pottstown, and Willow Grove, Blue Bell and King of Prussia combined.... who houses the state of Pennsylvania's
Six figure income earners and higher.

2. For every Sears that serves the Middle working class, there is 10 Kmarts that serve the lower working class.

Likewise... for every 1 Dillard's that serve 6 figure earners, there are more than 100 Sears and Kmarts.

Go up one... Nieman Marcus that serves millionaires and greater, and there are twice as many Dillard's serving 6 figure earners.

There are as many Walmarts, Dollar Trees, and Thrift Stores serving the poor as there are anything above this level combined.

3. For every real luxury car, like a Mercedes Benz, a Jaguar, a Landrover, a BMW, a Audi....

There are tens of thousands of Toyotas, Nissans, Fords, Chevys, and Dodges.
For every Supercar, like a Lamborghini, there are millions of economy cars like Toyotas, Nissans, Fords, Chevys and Dodges...
There are also millions more things like BMWs and Audis, and Jaguars...

4. For every Mansion sold by Sotheby's international real estate, there are millions of rowhouses sold by Century 21, or even the sheriff's office.

So this crap about how the rich own everything, is a myth.

I'm rich.

They system is rigged in my favor.

I have access to numerous tax breaks and tax schemes to keep my tax rates lower than yours.

My investment income benefits from economies of scale--I have access to investment instruments and advice you don't.

When a company lays off a part of their work-forces, they kick back the savings to me in the form of dividends.

Every time I pass go I collect $200 and then I get an extra $15,000 you don't know about -- legally.

This is not myth.

This is the truth.

The rich really started royally fucking you during Reagan, we started giving it to you us the ass with the Bush tax cuts.

The biggest land barren in the country is the Federal government which owns 650 million acres, maybe the poor should petition them to get their fair share.

Depends on how the land is being used.
I HATE those Roman Empire Democrats!
I HATE those Egyptian Empire Democrats!
Damn, until FDR, EVERYTHING was perfect!
Even the Civil War was perfect!

^^^ anyone know what this clown is rambling about?

A taxation of $1 for every $1 in income... is $0 in take home pay.
And wealth isn't illegal.
How sweet of you to allow legal wealth accumulation..unless it's from criminal activity, well I mean, you can do it, just give me a skim of da cream,

So who is responsible for this wealth accumulation that you speak of?

I know the answer, and I think you'll be surprised.
Why the Democrats of course!
Even BEFORE FDR!
Even BEFORE Napolean.
Even BEFORE The Roman Empire.

Nope. The person responsible for wealth accumulation is you...... not just you, but all of us.

Sometime this week, you will buy gasoline from an evil multi-billion dollar company. Maybe you'll buy a program from Microsoft--another multi-billion dollar company. Did you pay your cell phone bill yet? You better, you need to transfer that wealth to the top. How about your satellite or cable bill? Are you going to stop at McDonald's or Wendy's this week for lunch? More wealth transferred to the top once again.

Now if we really feel that there is this nefarious wealth transfer, and we need government go give us back our money, wouldn't it be reasonable for us to return our products back to those that have accumulated this wealth from us? Well, you can't in some instances. You can't barf up that big mack and give it back to the millionaire franchise owner, nor cay you give back the internet time you bought from the rich man. But maybe you can return your computer if you want money back from these wealth accumulators.

Excellent...Gates stole, sued and gave stuff away for free to destroy the competition.
That's why I'm now 99% Apple.
And yes, I do know LOTS of people whose careers have been destroyed by some of these Corps.
And no, many of the scummiest corps who made it via their American White Collar work force have dumped said work force for Business Visas.
And yes, this DOES no happen often in South Dakata because...well, who the heck is in South Dakata?

I'm an apple user myself. I never had any use for Microsoft even though Clinton had Gates sued for a million dollars a day for monopoly transgressions.

Nearly every new technology came from Apple that Microsoft stole. But the bottom line is that the rich got richer because of consumers--not because of politics.

I'm probably a little older than most here. When I get into these debates, I think back when I was a teen in the 70's. Our entertainment was a color television with rabbit ears on the top. The more fortunate families had an antenna on their roof for better reception.

Fast food was a treat once or twice a year, not a weekly food staple as it is today. Most families had one car--dads. Besides television, our other entertainment was a record player and FM receiver. Because my father was in construction and built our house, we actually had a phone receptacle in every room in the house. We were the talk of the neighborhood. You can unplug your phone and take it anywhere!!!!

When we look at the money we spend for convenience and entertainment, it's incredible. And when we spend this money, it's the rich people who receive it. They are the ones who provide for all these goodies.

The biggest land barren in the country is the Federal government which owns 650 million acres, maybe the poor should petition them to get their fair share.

It's rather obvious that you're about to go into one of your "damned gubmint" tirades.
I cut your boring bull off at the pass because everything you complain about has been going on since Cain & Able and you got such a pipe up your a$$ you didn't pick up on my point.

How sweet of you to allow legal wealth accumulation..unless it's from criminal activity, well I mean, you can do it, just give me a skim of da cream,

So who is responsible for this wealth accumulation that you speak of?

I know the answer, and I think you'll be surprised.
Why the Democrats of course!
Even BEFORE FDR!
Even BEFORE Napolean.
Even BEFORE The Roman Empire.

Nope. The person responsible for wealth accumulation is you...... not just you, but all of us.

Sometime this week, you will buy gasoline from an evil multi-billion dollar company. Maybe you'll buy a program from Microsoft--another multi-billion dollar company. Did you pay your cell phone bill yet? You better, you need to transfer that wealth to the top. How about your satellite or cable bill? Are you going to stop at McDonald's or Wendy's this week for lunch? More wealth transferred to the top once again.

Now if we really feel that there is this nefarious wealth transfer, and we need government go give us back our money, wouldn't it be reasonable for us to return our products back to those that have accumulated this wealth from us? Well, you can't in some instances. You can't barf up that big mack and give it back to the millionaire franchise owner, nor cay you give back the internet time you bought from the rich man. But maybe you can return your computer if you want money back from these wealth accumulators.

Excellent...Gates stole, sued and gave stuff away for free to destroy the competition.
That's why I'm now 99% Apple.
And yes, I do know LOTS of people whose careers have been destroyed by some of these Corps.
And no, many of the scummiest corps who made it via their American White Collar work force have dumped said work force for Business Visas.
And yes, this DOES no happen often in South Dakata because...well, who the heck is in South Dakata?

I'm an apple user myself. I never had any use for Microsoft even though Clinton had Gates sued for a million dollars a day for monopoly transgressions.

Nearly every new technology came from Apple that Microsoft stole. But the bottom line is that the rich got richer because of consumers--not because of politics.

I'm probably a little older than most here. When I get into these debates, I think back when I was a teen in the 70's. Our entertainment was a color television with rabbit ears on the top. The more fortunate families had an antenna on their roof for better reception.

Fast food was a treat once or twice a year, not a weekly food staple as it is today. Most families had one car--dads. Besides television, our other entertainment was a record player and FM receiver. Because my father was in construction and built our house, we actually had a phone receptacle in every room in the house. We were the talk of the neighborhood. You can unplug your phone and take it anywhere!!!!

When we look at the money we spend for convenience and entertainment, it's incredible. And when we spend this money, it's the rich people who receive it. They are the ones who provide for all these goodies.

Well, I'm up there in years and started working in 1981, a year after Raygun started performing anally on any profession that didn't have a Union or Association that couldn't fight back.
Barring a fortunate Economic circumstance I will be working till I drop.
And no, due to circumstances, I couldn't leave NYC.

It's rather obvious that you're about to go into one of your "damned gubmint" tirades.
I cut your boring bull off at the pass because everything you complain about has been going on since Cain & Able and you got such a pipe up your a$$ you didn't pick up on my point.

Translation...why does Blues always point out liberal hypocrisy :crybaby:

Horse crap...I live in the NYC/LI area and I lots of people with advanced degrees who made plenty of money for MNCs and were replaced by the "Best & Brightest".
Maybe you ought move to a place where people are actually educated; you know, a BIG Liberal Municipality like NYC.

NYC isn't where New Yorkers are educated, the educated come from upstate, in the state of New York.. and for the same reason, the lifestyle difference.

Don't even try that tactic...The colleges in Northern NYS are populated by outstanding High School graduates from NYC/LI who almost always come back to the Big City.

I know for fact that what you say is a lie, because unless they're millionaires that can afford a penthouse... they're not going to school and making money to ride the public city bus and be in that congestion.

And there no way that the cultural behaviors in America's "Big Cities" are acceptable by a private entity with a choice to take them in or not....

Nor does the big city's way of life today, create an educated culture of learning.

Amongst the kids I know, the average career span is about 5 years before they are making too much for their CEO to bear.
Their salaries can start in the mid 50s and rise to about 80K when they are replaced.
And boy are they shocked when they're replaced because every fool thinks they're special.

You ever hear of the Long Island Railroad or living in Park Slope or Downtown Brooklyn?

For your information, there are many outstanding private schools in NYC and LI and I know more than a few kids who yawned their way to a perfect SAT score.

Cussing like a sailor, littering, violence, threatening people, gang affiliation, criminal records, and wtf are you lookin' at white boy.... doesn't earn it.

It's quite obvious you're just trolling. What's the point?

Myth :

I have never heard this statistic stated anywhere by anyone.

The commonly used phrase is actually "The 85 Richest have more wealth than the 3.5 billion poorest"

Which is vastly different from what you said. Try to at least get the sayings correct.

Last edited:

Cussing like a sailor, littering, violence, threatening people, gang affiliation, criminal records, and wtf are you lookin' at white boy.... doesn't earn it.

Myth :

No I'm not trolling.
Go to a college in NYC with just whatever bullshit your dad thinks are good grades, and with piss poor behavior that you learned from your local street corner and lets see you be accepted.
lol

Myth :

The commonly used phrase is actually "The 85 Richest have more wealth than the 3.5 billion poorest"

Which is vastly different from what you said. Try to at least get the sayings correct.

Which is also false.

Got suckered in?

The truth is that both are equally guilty of proprietary theft.

Politics side of things: How Big Tech Companies Make Their Tax Bills Vanish

Technology advances?

The 70's were the beginning of income inequality. Dad was the breadwinner, Mom stayed home and cooked dinner.

A taxation of $1 for every $1 in income... is $0 in take home pay.
And wealth isn't illegal.
How sweet of you to allow legal weath accumulation..

That's not "sweet" that's freedom.
Thank you very much.
How much does freedom cost?

How much does it cost ?

It costs you only sometimes for your volunteer work in the military.

Outside of that, on an average day... it costs nothing... it only requires you to obey the law of the land.

How much does money cost ? it costs nothing.. it only requires you to go to school and learn and to use what you know.
They paid me in the Army..No volunteer shit, you are paid for 24/7-365............
Screw the laws, i don't like 'em, and I damn sure didn't get to vote on them........

Excuse me buddy but you're not the boss.

How sweet of you to allow legal weath accumulation..

Thank you very much.

How much does it cost ?

Outside of that, on an average day... it costs nothing... it only requires you to obey the law of the land.

How much does money cost ? it costs nothing.. it only requires you to go to school and learn and to use what you know.
They paid me in the Army..No volunteer shit, you are paid for 24/7-365............
Screw the laws, i don't like 'em, and I damn sure didn't get to vote on them........

I am for myself..

Thank you very much.

How much does it cost ?

I am for myself..

Only to a certain point... until you violate the law.
as I said, you're not the boss... so kiss my ass retard.

How much does it cost ?

I am for myself..

Only to a certain point... until you violate the law.
as I said, you're not the boss... so kiss my ass retard.
I been violating laws for 45 years, better get out the gestapo..

Myth :

Which is also false.

No, it's actually quite factual....probably more so today.

What you put into your OP was just stupidly wrong. Showing you don't know what you're talking about.

There is a lot of foolishness on this thread.

While the Tax Code is riddled with thousands of little sweeteners for influential special interest groups, it is fundamentally slanted AGAINST high earners.

Between the rate structure and the EITC, if you are "working poor," you either pay NO INCOME tax, or a NEGATIVE income tax, where you get a "refund" of money you didn't even pay. High wage earners (corporate execs, atheletes, professional entertainers) pay AT LEAST half their income in combined Fed, state, and local income taxes, and another large chunk in real estate, sales, and other assorted taxes. The vast majority of all the personal income taxes paid in the U.S. are paid by people in the top half of the income distribution. The "poor," relatively speaking, don't pay squat.

And as for corporate income taxes, these are nothing but a silly sop for morons who don't understand basic economics. The rate should be ZERO, which would eliminate all of the devious scheming to avoid taxes, allowing corporations to devote all their efforts to making PROFIT. The profit can only go three places: (1) to the employees as taxable income, (2) to the shareholders as taxable dividends, or (3) back into the business, which is good for everyone.

Parenthetically, the OP is a stupid collection of sophomoric nonsense. The top ten percent own at least 90% of the wealth in the U.S. The people in the bottom half are too busy paying bills to be saving and accumulating wealth. I know; I've been there.

Myth :

Well Nyvin, you may very well be correct! Still, I would believe that should be expected when you have thieves like Putin, the Saudi Royal Family, and a host of others operating upon European Socialism and a host of other ridiculous governmental strats that are not ours.

Would also like to address fleecing the rich to redistribute wealth if I may. QUESTION----> George Lucas sold the Star Wars franchise to Disney for 3 or 4 billion dollars, yes? Rich bastard, lol!

Sooooooooo, let us all decide to raise taxes on the wealthy to............let us make up a number here........70%. Yep, that is the ticket, sounds fair if you are lefty. No deductions, no nothing, we are going to get these people, hooray!

OK, how much of good ole George Lucas 3 or 4 billion you going to get? Quick, you doing the math! Let me answer that for you.......0........let me spell that for you........ZERO! How can that be? Because it is already in his possession, it is his, you already got your cut. You won't get a nickel out of that money, nor Gates, nor anyone else. Oh yes, you will get a cut of the interest on it, or the investment made off of it, but if the capital gains tax is lower, he is only going to pay that rate, and he is STILL going to be filthy rich!

Now suppose you come up with plan B to stop this, lol. I (meaning you) are going to raise the capital gains tax to, OMG.....70% too! That will get that evil rich sumbitch! Go ahead, check out what that would do to the economy, lol. You now just put millions of people out of work, and put the world into DEPRESSION, good job!

And, what about good ole George and Bill, along with every multi-multi-millionaire-billionaire? Why they move their money overseas to a less taxing authority where that countries economy grows and ours tanks.

Now folks, I am no apologist for the filthy rich, and I can promise you that, but ya'all got to come up with a better plan than this, that is for sure. I understand the envy and all that, but money in today's day and age is very mobile. It isn't in sacks like it used to be, and one click of a mouse and woooosh, said money is 1/2 way around the globe. While any lefty President is in the process (think Barack Obama) of signing such ridiculous legislation, before his pen starts on the 1st O of Obama, that one click will spirit it away from his taxing authority.

Again, time for a better, fairer, plan!

Got suckered in?

The truth is that both are equally guilty of proprietary theft.

Politics side of things: How Big Tech Companies Make Their Tax Bills Vanish

Technology advances?

The 70's were the beginning of income inequality. Dad was the breadwinner, Mom stayed home and cooked dinner.

Yep, that's the way it was back then. Dad went to work and mom stayed home. There was also so much less to buy back then as well. When something broke, you had it repaired, unlike today where you throw out television sets when they brake because they cost more to fix than it is to buy a new one.

So we are a society that buys much more today than years ago. That's why you have more wealthy people and more wealth at the top.

Forum List

Back