Recusals...

CWayne

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2019
So, some nonsense has been made about McConnel recusing himself from the Senate trial. No reasonable justification was given for this statement, but it got me to thinking.

Who has an actual conflict of interest regarding the Senate trial?

Who actually stands to gain from Trump being found guilty?

So, who does stand to gain?

Interestingly enough there are five individuals who stand to gain politically as well as financially.

They are, in no particular order:

Corey Booker
Amy Klobuchar
Elizebeth Warren
Berni Sanders
Kirsten Gillibrand

Interestingly enough, each of these individuals stands to gain if they vote to convict.

I say they should recuse themselves from the vote.

What say you?

So, some nonsense has been made about McConnel recusing himself from the Senate trial. No reasonable justification was given for this statement, but it got me to thinking.

Interestingly enough there are five individuals who stand to gain politically as well as financially.

Corey Booker
Amy Klobuchar
Elizebeth Warren
Berni Sanders
Kirsten Gillibrand

Interestingly enough, each of these individuals stands to gain if they vote to convict.

What say you?
McChinless said he wouldn't act impartially. Would you want that person on a jury?

How are any of these people benefitting from a Trump ouster other than the way the whole world would benefit from kicking Trump to the curb? Pence -R would become the President. He would name another repug as VP. Status quo maintained, but at least we would have somebody sane in the White House that isn't constantly throwing tantrums and pretending to be a victim.

Corey Booker
Amy Klobuchar
Elizebeth Warren
Berni Sanders
Kirsten Gillibrand

What say you?

The entire impeachment of Trump stands unique in US history not only as the only one to do so without naming any actual CRIME committed, not only unique in that it was pursued against all reason and protestation solely by the political party that opposes him, and that the two charges were based on an ASSUMPTION without proof, the other a mere unwillingness to allow the courts to resolve, but was timed to occur right before an election which is sure not only to interfere with a lot of Senators running, but also hurt the president with them the sole beneficiaries!

That is the very DEFINITION of interfering with and influencing an election. Worse, the ONE PERSON whom it was conclusively shown involved in probable criminal abuse of power, Joe Biden, is not only their chief candidate and beneficiary, but they refuse to even look at his circumstances!

If they allow the names above to participate in the Senate trial much less allow Biden to go on and win election over Trump without investigation into his activities, the very person Trump was trying to look into for corruption (shades of Hillary all over again), the USA will have become so corrupt as a 3rd world country where threats to the state are eliminated, that you can resign yourself to living in a faux republic benign dictatorship banana republic where "law" is but a political tool wielded on the poor, helpless and undesirable.

Would you want that person on a jury?

I don't want impartial people on my jury ... I want them to be totally partial to me.
Yeah, I'm sure that Trump is glad that the senate repugs will happily overlook anything and everything. Capone was only convicted after the trial juries were swapped out. That is probably the only way an impeachment will ever result in a conviction.

Would you want that person on a jury?

I don't want impartial people on my jury ... I want them to be totally partial to me.
Yeah, I'm sure that Trump is glad that the senate repugs will happily overlook anything and everything. Capone was only convicted after the trial juries were swapped out. That is probably the only way an impeachment will ever result in a conviction.

The Senate Impeachment process is the legal equivalent of a grand jury. A grand jury and a trial will always have a different jury.

Corey Booker
Amy Klobuchar
Elizebeth Warren
Berni Sanders
Kirsten Gillibrand

What say you?
Thought the same thing, glad you started the thread.
They'd be guilty of the very same original charges, abuse of power, use of foreign collusion to benefit an election, obstruction of justice etc.. Nice trap they put themselves in that proverbial corner-checkmate!
In fact every candidate already are guilty by their mere disclosures publically to commit these offenses, so when will they be impeached and kicked off the campaigning/running and removed from Senate?
They all put the country at great risk and compromised us and this was for real not imaginary like their false claims.
Most of these politicians have willingly and admittingly violated the law and commited treason participating in the coup, technically between the majority congress being illegitimate (elected by criminal interference, collusion with hostile gov'ts, and manipulation of elections) and these acts of treason, espionage, and obstruction of investigations means a majority of these big mouths vocal about their attempting overturning a democratic election and ousting/taking out a President and abuse of power in harassing his staff are exposing themselves to be removed and arrested.

Corey Booker
Amy Klobuchar
Elizebeth Warren
Berni Sanders
Kirsten Gillibrand

What say you?
McChinless said he wouldn't act impartially. Would you want that person on a jury?

How are any of these people benefitting from a Trump ouster other than the way the whole world would benefit from kicking Trump to the curb? Pence -R would become the President. He would name another repug as VP. Status quo maintained, but at least we would have somebody sane in the White House that isn't constantly throwing tantrums and pretending to be a victim.
You don't see the conflict of interest in their holding a vote that could possibly throw their political opponent out of office? If he was removed from office, it is likely that one of them will win the Presidency. Your nonsense about McConnel isn't germane. McConnell won't be the presiding authority. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court will be.

I say they need to recuse themselves for a massive conflict of interest.

If McConnell already saw the evidence presented in the house and he read the report, why shouldn’t he have his mind made up?

If McConnell already saw the evidence presented in the house and he read the report, why shouldn’t he have his mind made up?
Pretty sure his mind is made up regardless of any evidence. As long as Trump has an R beside his name, he is golden.

Politics in Washington?

No way!

You mean like Obama and Biden saying Romney is racist and misogynist and homophobic?

Even Pelosi said a glass of water with a D after it could get elected in AOCs district.

All the evidence was laid out by the House and there is no crime that Trump committed.

Bill Clinton committed 3 felonies and the Senate voted to not remove him.

How many crimes did Trump committ?

Forum List

Back