Red Georgia U.S. Senate Seat Going BLUE!

:lol:

And yet, the numbers themselves are neutral.

They tell a story all on their own, without any help from us.

Sure, and you think your arrogance stands as an argument. As mud just mentioned above me, Politics USA hailed Obamacare as a 'raging success.' That points to a bias right there.

Carbine has no room to talk, since she made mention in Fox's Phil Robertson thread that she was more unbiased than anyone, including Foxfyre herself. Talk about lame. How can carbine, a flaming liberal, lecture anyone on bias?

And yes, Carbine's attack is fallacy. I made sure not to reference any biased sources. It is a non sequitur. A trap argument.

You two make a great couple. I called MisterBeale for citing a neoconsevative website in the Israel and Palestine forum the other day. I don't like biased sources, left or right. You will rarely find me citing them, if at all.

Do you not understand that a fact is a fact no matter who states it? Is that too complicated for you?

Do you understand how idiotic that statement is? Are you suggesting that a fact is irrefutable regardless of the source? A fact is only a fact if it can be verified. It matters a great deal who says it and how they use it. Make sense? Or is it too complicated for you?

Last edited:
Wouldn't that mean that anything YOU post as an argument, or as evidence, on any issue can be automatically, legitimately dismissed as having no merit because YOU'RE biased?

Circumstantial ad hominem.

Given you have provided nothing to dismiss my argument, I can summarily dismiss yours out of hand.

I don't need to. You just dismissed your own argument as circumstantial ad hominem.

I did? Or is that just you misquoting me? Do you even know what circumstantial ad hominem is? I doubt you do.

Stat, you thanking this post only made the point in one of my earlier posts. You are not a centrist. You're just as liberal as Carbine is.

Last edited:
Sure, and you think your arrogance stands as an argument. As mud just mentioned above me, Politics USA hailed Obamacare as a 'raging success.' That points to a bias right there.

Carbine has no room to talk, since she made mention in Fox's Phil Robertson thread that she was more unbiased than anyone, including Foxfyre herself. Talk about lame. How can carbine, a flaming liberal, lecture anyone on bias?

And yes, Carbine's attack is fallacy. I made sure not to reference any biased sources. It is a non sequitur. A trap argument.

You two make a great couple. I called MisterBeale for citing a neoconsevative website in the Israel and Palestine forum the other day. I don't like biased sources, left or right. You will rarely find me citing them, if at all.

Do you not understand that a fact is a fact no matter who states it? Is that too complicated for you?

Do you understand how idiotic that statement is? Are you suggesting that a fact is irrefutable regardless of the source? A fact is only a fact if it can be verified. It matters a great deal who says it and how they use it. Make sense? Or is it too complicate for you?

The fact is that Kingston is leading in the runoff polls, and Nunn is leading in polls against both Kingston and Perdue.

If you want to dispute the accuracy of the polls, that can be done. I've done it many times, with evidence from within the polls,

not with attacks on who reported the polls.

Do you understand how idiotic that statement is? Are you suggesting that a fact is irrefutable regardless of the source? A fact is only a fact if it can be verified. It matters a great deal who says it and how they use it. Make sense? Or is it too complicate for you?

The fact is that Kingston is leading in the runoff polls, and Nunn is leading in polls against both Kingston and Perdue.

If you want to dispute the accuracy of the polls, that can be done. I've done it many times, with evidence from within the polls,

there were polls that said Romney was going to win in 2012. All polls are bullshit. They are designed to influence public opinion rather than report on it.

The only poll that matters is the one taken at the polling places on election day.

Georgia will not elect a female obama clone. Book it.

Do you understand how idiotic that statement is? Are you suggesting that a fact is irrefutable regardless of the source? A fact is only a fact if it can be verified. It matters a great deal who says it and how they use it. Make sense? Or is it too complicated for you?

Thing is, I never disputed the accuracy of the polls. Stat was the one who did that. Stat even went as far as to label the Landmark Poll, used in the aggregate scoring of the polling data, as 'bullshit.'

Aside from the childishness of the statement, Stat built his own house of cards and then toppled them all with an errant breath.

there were polls that said Romney was going to win in 2012. All polls are bullshit. They are designed to influence public opinion rather than report on it.

The only poll that matters is the one taken at the polling places on election day.

Now, I share your skepticism about Georgia electing Nunn - but the RCP average weeds out/averages out the partisan and the poorly conducted polls.

It is usually pretty darn accurate. A lot more accurate than those "unskewed" polls that tried to predict a Romney win.

Thing is, I never disputed the accuracy of the polls. Stat was the one who did that. Stat even went as far as to label the Landmark Poll, used in the aggregate scoring of the polling data, as 'bullshit.'

Aside from the childishness of the statement, Stat built his own house of cards and then toppled them all with an errant breath.

And once again, you lied right out your ass.

I criticized REAL CLEAR POLITICS method of average polling scores that are more than two weeks away from each other in time. The SUSA poll is now six weeks old, there is no reason in the world to average it with a new poll. So, yet, RCP's method of averaging is indeed bullshit. But that has nothing to do with the pollster itself.

You do understand this simple concept, right?

So, you lied: I never labeled the Landmark poll as bullshit, ever.

I did point out one specific data point from the late October 2012 poll from Landmark that made the outlandish claim that Romney was garnering 22% of the black vote in a state where Obama got 98% of the black vote 4 years earlier, and, through simple math and the actual results, proved damned fast that that claim HAD to be false. But that doesn't make the rest of the poll bullshit.

You really need to learn to discern, for the more you write here on this subject, the more ignorant you look.

Really. Get some help. Fast.

And what is the influence polls are trying to accomplish? What was Rasmussen trying to influence when their last poll in 2012 showed Romney winning?

If they manipulated that poll for the purpose of influence, what were they trying to accomplish?

I criticized REAL CLEAR POLITICS method of average polling scores that are more than two weeks away from each other in time. The SUSA poll is now six weeks old, there is no reason in the world to average it with a new poll. So, yet, RCP's method of averaging is indeed bullshit. But that has nothing to do with the pollster itself.

I did point out one specific data point from the late October 2012 poll from Landmark that made the outlandish claim that Romney was garnering 22% of the black vote in a state where Obama got 98% of the black vote 4 years earlier, and, through simple math and the actual results, proved damned fast that that claim HAD to be false. But that doesn't make the rest of the poll bullshit.

You really need to learn to discern, for the more you write here on this subject, the more ignorant you look.

(Rolls eyes)

Whatever you say, Mister Centrist.

And what is the influence polls are trying to accomplish? What was Rasmussen trying to influence when their last poll in 2012 showed Romney winning?

If they manipulated that poll for the purpose of influence, what were they trying to accomplish?

they were trying to get some people to stay home and others to vote--------are you really so naive that you had to ask that question?

they were trying to get some people to stay home and others to vote--------are you really so naive that you had to ask that question?

So Rasmussen doesn't actually poll anyone? Or they poll and then change the numbers to suit themselves if they don't like the numbers?

Who were they trying to help by showing Romney winning by one point a couple days before the election?

Given you have provided nothing to dismiss my argument, I can summarily dismiss yours out of hand.

I don't need to. You just dismissed your own argument as circumstantial ad hominem.

I did? Or is that just you misquoting me? Do you even know what circumstantial ad hominem is? I doubt you do.

Stat, you thanking this post only made the point in one of my earlier posts. You are not a centrist. You're just as liberal as Carbine is.

LOL!!!

SERIOUSLY????

Statistdouche claims to be a "centrist"???

I had that imbecile on ignore almost immediately so I never saw that...

He's about as "centrist" as that bed wetter Joe and his pillow biter friend JakeFakey. They're dyed in the wool commies before they're "centrists".

What is it with these bed wetters and being "centrist" anyway? What credibility do you have standing on the margin of Right or Wrong? Is it because having a lack of critical thinking skills and ability to make sound judgements they believe they have some moral high ground?

These people are the dumbest form of libtard parasite. If it wasn't for child proof lids on household chemicals they wouldn't be polluting the genepool.

(Rolls eyes)

Whatever you say, Mister Centrist.

Are you aware that most polls showing someone leading by 7 points a couple days before the election are overwhelmingly likely to accurately have predicted the winner, even though that is not the purpose of polls?

I posted the definition of circumstantial ad hominem. Learn to read.

It applies precisely to what you tried to do to PoliticsUSA.

Georgia electing a Dem??

Hell. That redneck, gun lovin, bible toting place electing a Dem??

I'd really have to see that shit to believe it. My Mother was from Georgia and a liberal she sure as hell wasn't.

Georgia has only elected 4 Republican US Senators and 3 Republican Governors in the last 226 years.

Georgia electing a Dem??

I'd really have to see that shit to believe it. My Mother was from Georgia and a liberal she sure as hell wasn't.

Georgia has only elected 4 Republican US Senators and 3 Republican Governors in the last 226 years.

And all of those in the last 20 or 30 years.

Pulling 226 years of data and pretending that reflects what Georgia is today is .... well .... not very accurate.

Georgia has been a little more purple than neighbors Alabama and Tennessee ... but that's a matter of degree.

There is not a Democrat who holds a statewide office in the state of Georgia today.

So let's keep it real. It would be a surprise.

Ok, so NPR, public radio, whose last poll also had Romney winning by a point, according to you then were also trying to influence the election.

So NPR and Rasmussen were both trying to influence the 2012 election in a certain direction by manipulating their polls to show Romney winning by a point.

Which direction were they both trying to influence the election?

Redfish is lying.

Reputable pollsters poll where they get contracts, to simply report the results they get and the trends they may or may not see.

Reputable pollsters are not trying to sway results. And it's silly to think they could.

There are pollsters who try to influence public opinion by posing questions designed to arouse the emotiions (or specifically, the ire) of a segment of the population. When they strategically place those questions in election polling BEFORE the election questions, then that poll could be classified as a push-poll, depending.

Georgia electing a Dem??

And all of those in the last 20 or 30 years.

Pulling 226 years of data and pretending that reflects what Georgia is today is .... well .... not very accurate.

Georgia has been a little more purple than neighbors Alabama and Tennessee ... but that's a matter of degree.

There is not a Democrat who holds a statewide office in the state of Georgia today.

So let's keep it real. It would be a surprise.

Indeed. Since 1984, GA is now an 8 for 9 GOP state in presidential politics. The Reagan revolution made for some big changes in GA, but Sam Nunn was a Democratic Senator from the Peach state who served during this time. The Nunns and the Carters are arguably the two best known Democratic pol families in GA at this time.

Forum List

Back