Red Hen closed until July 5

Ah that's why I couldn't get a reservation today. I'll call again on the 5th.

Who are you kidding. Meantime, the owner Stephanie Wilkinson who caused all of this has been forced to resign now as executive director of the local business group Main Street. Other businesses don't want her running things anymore. She is a poor reflection on the community. Seems that a few people in Virginia DO have a little common sense and realize you just don't treat customers like that!

Irina Vilarino, a Cuban-American restaurant owner, said other local business owners may not want to associate with Wilkinson anymore because it’s not the best business savvy practice to isolate your customers. “It’s not my place to determine what customers come in to my restaurant,” Vilarino said. “I’m here to serve food.”

Vilarino called Wilkinson’s actions against Sanders “un-American” and said she serves anyone who wants to dine at her restaurant.

So much for the "Hen" getting along just fine. This is just the start. With any luck, the place will be a parking lot in a year. Good riddance to the place.

Looks like the Red Hen has put Lexington on the map.

Actions have consequences, seems like the restaurant will lose money and the workers will lose money and Sanders went home the rest of the group ate that evening and probably left a pretty good tip for the workers.

Last edited:
Actually I wonder how the other owner feels about her actions and the repurcussions since.

It’s not good.

Red Hen owner resigns from Virginia business group after booting Sarah Sanders from restaurant

Shit it was a girl

1530064552660.jpg

She's just another insulated, white-bread, left-wing Democrat surrounded by nothing but other insulated white-bread, left-wing Democrats who all think the same way.
Then that is all reinforced by the left wing media she exclusively relies on for news and info.
She thought she'd be lauded as a hero.
She just found out the hard way that there's an entire other real world outside of her bubble.

Who are you kidding. Meantime, the owner Stephanie Wilkinson who caused all of this has been forced to resign now as executive director of the local business group Main Street. Other businesses don't want her running things anymore. She is a poor reflection on the community. Seems that a few people in Virginia DO have a little common sense and realize you just don't treat customers like that!

Irina Vilarino, a Cuban-American restaurant owner, said other local business owners may not want to associate with Wilkinson anymore because it’s not the best business savvy practice to isolate your customers. “It’s not my place to determine what customers come in to my restaurant,” Vilarino said. “I’m here to serve food.”

Vilarino called Wilkinson’s actions against Sanders “un-American” and said she serves anyone who wants to dine at her restaurant.

So much for the "Hen" getting along just fine. This is just the start. With any luck, the place will be a parking lot in a year. Good riddance to the place.
Yesterday Old School was telling me how great this publicity has been for Red Hen. :laugh:

Yesterday Old School was telling me how great this publicity has been for Red Hen. :laugh:

Yes. That was funny stuff.

Forum List

Back