Red Hen closed until July 5

Looks like the Red Hen has put Lexington on the map.

Actions have consequences, seems like the restaurant will lose money and the workers will lose money and Sanders went home the rest of the group ate that evening and probably left a pretty good tip for the workers.
Some people are willing to pay a cost to stand on their principles. Kind of like when this country wasn't so full of huge sissies, and we weren't demonizing millions of immigrants just because a Muslim lit a big firecracker somehwre...

Except her silly game affects her employees, maybe she can afford closing for over a week, let’s see how her employees do.
You're a real man of the people! Why do you think they aren't getting paid?

They weren't kicked out of a bakery?

No, the version I heard was that the gays asked for a wedding cake but the baker said no, he doesn't do wedding cakes for same-sex weddings because his religious beliefs cannot accept that. He said he could provide anything else but that, but they got up and left. He did not ask them to leave, is what I heard.

Yes, but basically telling people "I don't do this" is the same as saying "go away".

Just because they got up and left without being told to leave, doesn't mean that he didn't kick them out. What are they going to do? Stay in the bakery until he serves them or calls the police?

Uh, NO and NO. There's a difference between being told to leave and telling someone I can't give you the service you want.

And a big difference between being told "no, we don't this service" and "we don't do this service for you people".

The baker didn't say either one of those things, as far as I know. You got a link with an exact quote? What I heard was he said we don't do wedding cakes for same-sex marriages. Now you can spin that any which way you want, but that does not equate to saying "go away" or kicking someone out the door.

Imagine he said "We don't do cakes for black weddings".

If you go somewhere and you want to buy a cake, and someone says "we don't do cakes for gay weddings", what is actually being said.

"Sorry, we don't like you, we think you're bad people."

Now, if you say you don't do something simply because of the way you were born, then you're telling someone to fuck off.

Imagine he said "We don't do cakes for people born with disabilities."

Actions have consequences, seems like the restaurant will lose money and the workers will lose money and Sanders went home the rest of the group ate that evening and probably left a pretty good tip for the workers.
Some people are willing to pay a cost to stand on their principles. Kind of like when this country wasn't so full of huge sissies, and we weren't demonizing millions of immigrants just because a Muslim lit a big firecracker somehwre...

Except her silly game affects her employees, maybe she can afford closing for over a week, let’s see how her employees do.

I don’t believe in not serving people, gay, black or otherwise, unless the government makes businesses put up signs and say who you won’t serve so that people like myself can boycott bigots.

Why aren’t they open? Let’s see a stupid person kicked another person out of a restaurant because they differed in politics. Then a bunch of other stupid people got upset that she kicked out the other person because of politics and they acted stupidly.

Again, actions have consequences, so if you want to make a statement whether you think it is principled or not, be prepared for the consequences.

I don’t believe in not serving people, gay black or otherwise, unless the government makes businesses put up signs and say who you won’t serve so that people like myself can boycott bigots.

Why aren’t they open? Let’s see a stupid person kicked another person out of a restaurant because they differed in politics. Then a bunch of other stupid people got upset that she kicked out the other person because of politics and they acted stupidly.

Again, actions have consequences, so if you want to make a statement whether you think it is principled or not, be prepared for the consequences.
I will.

No, the version I heard was that the gays asked for a wedding cake but the baker said no, he doesn't do wedding cakes for same-sex weddings because his religious beliefs cannot accept that. He said he could provide anything else but that, but they got up and left. He did not ask them to leave, is what I heard.

Yes, but basically telling people "I don't do this" is the same as saying "go away".

Just because they got up and left without being told to leave, doesn't mean that he didn't kick them out. What are they going to do? Stay in the bakery until he serves them or calls the police?

Uh, NO and NO. There's a difference between being told to leave and telling someone I can't give you the service you want.

And a big difference between being told "no, we don't this service" and "we don't do this service for you people".

The baker didn't say either one of those things, as far as I know. You got a link with an exact quote? What I heard was he said we don't do wedding cakes for same-sex marriages. Now you can spin that any which way you want, but that does not equate to saying "go away" or kicking someone out the door.

If you go somewhere and you want to buy a cake, and someone says "we don't do cakes for gay weddings", what is actually being said.

Now, if you say you don't do something simply because of the way you were born, then you're telling someone to fuck off.

You can imagine whatever you want and characterize it however you want and as negatively as you want, but the baker didn't actually say any of that crap. But go ahead and change the truth to whatever you want it to be, that's what you guys do all the time. This is nonsense and I'm outta here.

I don’t believe in not serving people, gay black or otherwise, unless the government makes businesses put up signs and say who you won’t serve so that people like myself can boycott bigots.

I will.

I expect that, the nuts on both sides keep amping it up and both blame the other side, I just see a lot of really stupid on both sides. Most of America thinks the extremes are just plain assholes and need to learn to get along.

Rather than imagining things, let's stick to reality.

He doesn't make Halloween cakes, either.

skipping the 4th?

now we know why it's the RED hen...

Fox News on Twitter

Isn't that nice.

The right go on and on and on and on about how business people should be able to kick out whoever they like, especially bakers kicking out gay people.

When one of their own gets kicked out, they suddenly forget that they were so much in favor of businesses being able to kick out whoever they like.

Anyone surprised at this sudden turn around? No?

When you have a president who loves to turn things around 180 degrees, you know they'll argue with you until they're blue in their face that the moon is made of cheese, until it's not convenient for them.

I think I've figured out your problem. You think refusing to make 1 specific product equates to "kicking out". It doesn't.

You can thank me later.

No doubt you "think you've figured" it all out. Though "believe" would have been a better verb, because "believe" means you pulled it right out of your ass and pretend it's true when you have no idea.

Oh, was I incorrect in perceiving that you think refusing to make a specific product equates to kicking someone out of a business establishment? Because reading what you wrote certainly leads to that conclusion. Perhaps you would like to restate what you said? Just in case you forgot, the statement on question is about bakers kicking out gay people.

So this is all about how you perceive things then? Maybe if you read what I wrote properly, you wouldn't have such issues.

How the fuck you come to the conclusion that I think refusing to make a specific product equates to kicking someone out of a business?

That's be like walking into a shoe store and demanding to buy a hot dog. WTF are you doing when you read what I write?

You said gays were kicked out. They were not, they were refused a particular product. Obviously, you equated that refusal with kicking them out, or you would not have said that. Or maybe you were just making stuff up.

skipping the 4th?

now we know why it's the RED hen...

Fox News on Twitter

Isn't that nice.

The right go on and on and on and on about how business people should be able to kick out whoever they like, especially bakers kicking out gay people.

When one of their own gets kicked out, they suddenly forget that they were so much in favor of businesses being able to kick out whoever they like.

When you have a president who loves to turn things around 180 degrees, you know they'll argue with you until they're blue in their face that the moon is made of cheese, until it's not convenient for them.
Gays were never kicked out of anyplace.

They weren't kicked out of a bakery?

And there it is. You DO equate refusal to provide a specific product with kicking someone out. Why'd you get all upset when I pointed it out?

I'm still wondering why she wears a pedophile "swirl circle" pendant around her neck.
thinking.gif

You can imagine whatever you want and characterize it however you want and as negatively as you want, but the baker didn't actually say any of that crap. But go ahead and change the truth to whatever you want it to be, that's what you guys do all the time. This is nonsense and I'm outta here.

Are we being like children and pretending that everything is simple? That communication can only happen in a direct manner?

I don't know what world you live, but the world I live in is far more complex than that.

When my boss came to me and said "would you do this thing?" I was like, "er... okay" and then when they said "this is a long term thing, are you okay with that?" I said "we'll see" and then they didn't get me to do it.

I didn't say I wouldn't do it. But they understood I wasn't happy about it, even though I didn't say I was unhappy about it.

Isn't that nice.

I think I've figured out your problem. You think refusing to make 1 specific product equates to "kicking out". It doesn't.

You can thank me later.

No doubt you "think you've figured" it all out. Though "believe" would have been a better verb, because "believe" means you pulled it right out of your ass and pretend it's true when you have no idea.

Oh, was I incorrect in perceiving that you think refusing to make a specific product equates to kicking someone out of a business establishment? Because reading what you wrote certainly leads to that conclusion. Perhaps you would like to restate what you said? Just in case you forgot, the statement on question is about bakers kicking out gay people.

So this is all about how you perceive things then? Maybe if you read what I wrote properly, you wouldn't have such issues.

How the fuck you come to the conclusion that I think refusing to make a specific product equates to kicking someone out of a business?

That's be like walking into a shoe store and demanding to buy a hot dog. WTF are you doing when you read what I write?

You said gays were kicked out. They were not, they were refused a particular product. Obviously, you equated that refusal with kicking them out, or you would not have said that. Or maybe you were just making stuff up.

Semantics.

How would you like to be refused specific products because of the way you were born?

You can thank me later.

Semantics.

How would you like to be refused specific products because of the way you were born?

It is as yet unproven whether or not a person is born gay. Either way, I get your point; whether or not it is by genetics or by choice doesn't matter to me, no one ought to be discriminated against. BUT - there is also the point that as a business owner why should my rights to freedom of religion or expression be compromised? And should the gov't be the arbitrator in deciding who wins and who loses? Should we allow the business owner to discriminate as he/she chooses and in so doing suffer the economic/business consequences of that decision, like the owner of the Red Hen restaurant is in the process of doing now? It ain't that cut and dried it seems to me.

Semantics.

It is as yet unproven whether or not a person is born gay. Either way, I get your point; whether or not it is by genetics or by choice doesn't matter to me, no one ought to be discriminated against. BUT - there is also the point that as a business owner why should my rights to freedom of religion or expression be compromised? And should the gov't be the arbitrator in deciding who wins and who loses? Should we allow the business owner to discriminate as he/she chooses and in so doing suffer the economic/business consequences of that decision, like the owner of the Red Hen restaurant is in the process of doing now? It ain't that cut and dried it seems to me.

Oh, now it needs to be proven.

Look, you people get pissy when Christians don't get what they want. We KNOW people aren't born Christians. And yet you demand they get their "religious rights" and yet it has to be PROVEN that gay people are born gay before they can be treated fairly and equally.

Do you know how retarded that sounds?

Semantics.

Look, you people get pissy when Christians don't get what they want. We KNOW people aren't born Christians. And yet you demand they get their "religious rights" and yet it has to be PROVEN that gay people are born gay before they can be treated fairly and equally.

Reading comprehension just isn't your strong point, is it? Did I not just say "whether or not it is by genetics or by choice doesn't matter to me, no one ought to be discriminated against."?

I did not demand that anyone's right to freedom of religion has to take precedence, nor did I say it has to be proven that a person was born gay to be treated fairly and equally, and you're telling me I'm the one who's getting pissy? BTW, I'm not a Christian.

Do you know how retarded YOU sound?

Semantics.

Reading comprehension just isn't your strong point, is it? Did I not just say "whether or not it is by genetics or by choice doesn't matter to me, no one ought to be discriminated against."?

I did not demand that anyone's right to freedom of religion has to take precedence, nor did I say it has to be proven that a person was born gay to be treated fairly and equally, and you're telling me I'm the one who's getting pissy? BTW, I'm not a Christian.

Start with an attack. I turned off after the first sentence. Oh well.

Semantics.

Start with an attack. I turned off after the first sentence. Oh well.

You're pretty good at dishing it out, but not so good at taking it, huh? Textbook definition of a snowflake.

Forum List

Back