🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Red Jen Psaki invites disgraced clown Dan Rather back to White House press room

Dan Rather was like Richard Nixon. Rather covered Nixon’s fall with Watergate. It was Nixon’s obsession to beat his political enemies at any cost. That obsession cost him his job and tainted his legacy. Rather was obsessed in trying to bring down his political enemies, the Republicans and George W.Bush. That obsession cost him his job and his legacy. As good a journalist Rather is, how could he not authenticate documents he used as proof that Bush was AWOL in the National Guard? It was Rather’s coordinated October surprise and it blew up in his face. As a stalwart journalist, how do you present documents created in Microsoft Word from 1972 as fact? Microsoft didn’t even start until 1974 and MS Word was launched in 1983.
Your making a case for Rather being fired with bullshit. Try using facts and the truth will get a little closer.
"Before April 1972, Bush had fulfilled more than the required hours of service, but with more than two years remaining before his discharge. He volunteered his services on several projects, including a political campaign. After April 1972, Bush may have failed to meet the attendance requirements established for members of the Air National Guard. In mid-1972, he failed to meet the Air Force requirement for an annual physical examination for pilots and lost his authorization to be a pilot.[10] According to Bush's pay records, he did not attend any drills between mid-April and the end of October 1972. He drilled in Alabama in October and November 1972, and again in January 1973; what duties he performed are unknown. Bush returned to his home unit in Houston and was paid for his service in April 1973 through July 1973; again, what duties he performed are not documented in any way. " George W. Bush military service controversy George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia

Here is a air squadron during the Vietnam war that was never sent to Vietnam. You people are a joke. Hasn't changed none went to desert storm either.

Im not debating Bush and service. That is for another debate. This is about Rather and Company not authenticating the documents to back it up. Why even go with documents if this was already confirmed or common knowledge? Further, in the aftermath, documents used by Rather and people fired were presented to experts and they could not be authenticated. This cost Rather and others their jobs.

GOOD GOD YOU PEOPLE < THIS IS FROM YOUR OWN SOURCE
"CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather, who was the correspondent for the segment, has already announced that he will step down from the anchor desk in March. The panel reported that Rather apparently did not participate in the vetting of the segment and did not see it before it aired." You people are cartoon characters. You can't make your crap into truth buddy/

LMAO! This should be good...

White House press secretary Jen Psaki tweeted Wednesday former news anchor Dan Rather is welcome in the White House press briefing room “anytime,” noting “she may regret” the invitation.

Psaki’s response originated from Rather’s tweet at Psaki, which praised her for reminding him of his “daily” White House beat. “Would be fun to find my way back to the briefing room again the future,” he prodded.

Psaki responded by saying, “I may regret this, but you are welcome anytime! there is always a seat for @DanRather in the briefing room.”

EoL9T_-XcAUCG4x.png

Dan Rather is a garbage human being.

Dan Rather was like Richard Nixon. Rather covered Nixon’s fall with Watergate. It was Nixon’s obsession to beat his political enemies at any cost. That obsession cost him his job and tainted his legacy. Rather was obsessed in trying to bring down his political enemies, the Republicans and George W.Bush. That obsession cost him his job and his legacy. As good a journalist Rather is, how could he not authenticate documents he used as proof that Bush was AWOL in the National Guard? It was Rather’s coordinated October surprise and it blew up in his face. As a stalwart journalist, how do you present documents created in Microsoft Word from 1972 as fact? Microsoft didn’t even start until 1974 and MS Word was launched in 1983.
Your making a case for Rather being fired with bullshit. Try using facts and the truth will get a little closer.
"Before April 1972, Bush had fulfilled more than the required hours of service, but with more than two years remaining before his discharge. He volunteered his services on several projects, including a political campaign. After April 1972, Bush may have failed to meet the attendance requirements established for members of the Air National Guard. In mid-1972, he failed to meet the Air Force requirement for an annual physical examination for pilots and lost his authorization to be a pilot.[10] According to Bush's pay records, he did not attend any drills between mid-April and the end of October 1972. He drilled in Alabama in October and November 1972, and again in January 1973; what duties he performed are unknown. Bush returned to his home unit in Houston and was paid for his service in April 1973 through July 1973; again, what duties he performed are not documented in any way. " George W. Bush military service controversy George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia

Here is a air squadron during the Vietnam war that was never sent to Vietnam. You people are a joke. Hasn't changed none went to desert storm either.

Im not debating Bush and service. That is for another debate. This is about Rather and Company not authenticating the documents to back it up. Why even go with documents if this was already confirmed or common knowledge? Further, in the aftermath, documents used by Rather and people fired were presented to experts and they could not be authenticated. This cost Rather and others their jobs.

What you were shown my blind friend is that the truth of the matter and the whole point of what Rather said is so so true .Bush was put in this national guard company when They had a list a mile long to get into it, and he wasn't on that list . Why because it was a place to go to stay out of Vietnam. That's the point. He signed up two days before he would have been drafted. Rather's only misdeeds was saying that it was backed up. Which he could have easily thought that to be the case. Rather did nothing. The fact of the matter is that by all the facts, what he said was 100% true .He was never fired , that is just stupid. He retired two years after the program about Rather.. How stupid can you clowns get.

You keep trying to shift the core debate about Bush and the National Guard. It was not about what Rather said, it was what he did. You call it a misdeed. CBS felt otherwise. My debating point was the Rather was so compelled he presented documents as authentic which they were not. If it was not such a big deal, Rather would have stayed at CBS and ceremoniously retired on his terms and a legacy intact. Speaking of blindness, keep glossing over the 4 people who got fired in the event. Relative to the "misdeed" by Rather and others, you have yet to provide anything factual or validated to counter my claim about the documents.

GOOD GOD YOU PEOPLE < THIS IS FROM YOUR OWN SOURCE
"CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather, who was the correspondent for the segment, has already announced that he will step down from the anchor desk in March. The panel reported that Rather apparently did not participate in the vetting of the segment and did not see it before it aired." You people are cartoon characters. You can't make your crap into truth buddy/

The documents were not authentic. A synonym for that is "fake" or "false". Prove me wrong.

I thought he was wonderful in the old days. I mean the OLD days, like when Reagan was shot. And the 1968 Dem. Convention. Ah, well. That was then.

And you know, he never even on his worst day, failed to have something important to give us to think about. I STILL am pondering his "It is true, it just isn't factual" comment. So. . . he believed Bush didn't do much in his faked-up Texas National Guard flier thing, and I would agree -- I followed all that closely.

But then he faked, or allowed to be faked up, the evidence for that.

How the mighty are fallen.

You keep trying to shift the core debate about Bush and the National Guard. It was not about what Rather said, it was what he did. You call it a misdeed. CBS felt otherwise. My debating point was the Rather was so compelled he presented documents as authentic which they were not. If it was not such a big deal, Rather would have stayed at CBS and ceremoniously retired on his terms and a legacy intact. Speaking of blindness, keep glossing over the 4 people who got fired in the event. Relative to the "misdeed" by Rather and others, you have yet to provide anything factual or validated to counter my claim about the documents.

This is exactly what I think: if the typewriter evidence was coherent and matched the time of the documents' supposed creation, CBS would not have fired him.

But. They didn't have typewriters back in the 60s that did those things!!!! I ought to know, I was writing on them.

This is exactly what I think: if the typewriter evidence was coherent and matched the time of the documents' supposed creation, CBS would not have fired him.

But. They didn't have typewriters back in the 60s that did those things!!!! I ought to know, I was writing on them.

I believe the font shown on the documents presented by Rather and team matched Microsoft. That is what drives the people obsessed like Rather insane. Someone recreated the documents in a font format not available until well after the events surrounding Bush’s service.

I believe the font shown on the documents presented by Rather and team matched Microsoft. That is what drives the people obsessed like Rather insane. Someone recreated the documents in a font format not available until well after the events surrounding Bush’s service.
I THINK it was WordPerfect, which was the one current then, before Word took over. I could be wrong, but that's what I was comparing, as I recall. But yeah, the problem was they used all sorts of features not available on 1960s typewriters! I have to say, that really was pretty careless.

Here is one example of an IBM Selectric font with small fractions as a single char.

Rf117b87d19efd29c508b45a5e3a16637
Yes, thank you, that is a good example of what I meant.

You are welcome, of course, to your own reality and beliefs ---- I applaud people hewing to their own realities, though I may not participate in these realities myself, necessarily.

This is not just a random "good example".
This is specifically from one of the many font balls that were available for the IBM Selectric, during the 1960s.
I am saying I have proof that the documents in question likely WERE produced at the time, by the TX Air National Guard, and likely are then authentic.
Dan Rather likely was innocent and really did have proof.

It is not a question of one's own beliefs, but the fact we should all feel obligated to determine the truth in terms of how Dan Rather was treated, and in this case, abused.

I thought he was wonderful in the old days. I mean the OLD days, like when Reagan was shot. And the 1968 Dem. Convention. Ah, well. That was then.

And you know, he never even on his worst day, failed to have something important to give us to think about. I STILL am pondering his "It is true, it just isn't factual" comment. So. . . he believed Bush didn't do much in his faked-up Texas National Guard flier thing, and I would agree -- I followed all that closely.

But then he faked, or allowed to be faked up, the evidence for that.

How the mighty are fallen.

Its like the old saying....build a million bridges and kill one person....what are you remembered for?

Wrong.
It has been later verified that Bush did not show up for his National Guard duties, just as Rather said.

And you are wrong about the documents.
They were NOT created by Microsoft Word.
They were printed on an IBM Selectric typewriter, which is what Microsoft Word used as its model to replicate when they adopted the proportional font that the IBM Selectric used.
The IBM Selectric came out in 1961, with a proportional font capability.

If what you are saying is true, why then was Rather forced out of CBS? Why did other people lose their jobs at CBS over this event? Bush may have been AWOL but Rather and company didn’t prove shit. Where and when was the IBM Selectric verified in this event? Further, did Rather use them?

Rather lost his job because Bush had LOTS of money and could apply influence with it.
Other networks also chimed in without regard for truth, just to hurt CBS so their channel could gain.

The point is the author was Lieutenant Colonel Jerry B. Killian and he was dead.
So we do not know what he used.
They were provided by Lt. Col. Bill Burkett who replaced Killian.

And the controversy was that since they used proportional fonts, the Bush side claimed they could not have been from 1972, and instead were done contemporarily with Microsoft Word, on a modern computer.
That claim is false.
There is nothing about the documents that were not in line with what an IBM Selectric or many 1960s word processing machines could do at that time.

So while that does not prove they were printed by Killian, Burkett testified they were, and that should be sufficient.

{...

The Killian documents controversy (also referred to as Memogate or Rathergate) involved six documents containing unsubstantiated critical allegations about President George W. Bush's service in the Texas Air National Guard in 1972–73, allegedly typed in 1973. Dan Rather presented four of these documents[1] as authentic in a 60 Minutes II broadcast aired by CBS on September 8, 2004, less than two months before the 2004 presidential election, but it was later found that CBS had failed to authenticate them.[2][3][4] Several typewriter and typography experts soon concluded that they were forgeries.[5][6] Proportional-print typewriters were in use in the early 1970s which could have produced the documents, such as the IBM Selectric typewriter, but no forensic examiners or typography experts have authenticated them and it may not be technically possible without the originals.[7] Lt. Col. Bill Burkett provided the documents to CBS, but he claims to have burned the originals after faxing them copies.[8]

CBS News producer Mary Mapes obtained the copied documents from Burkett, a former officer in the Texas Army National Guard, while pursuing a story about the George W. Bush military service controversy. Burkett claimed that Bush's commander Lieutenant Colonel Jerry B. Killian wrote them, which included criticisms of Bush's service in the Guard during the 1970s. In the 60 Minutes segment, Rather stated that the documents "were taken from Lieutenant Colonel Killian's personal files",[9] and he falsely asserted that they had been authenticated by experts retained by CBS.[10]

The authenticity of the documents was challenged within hours on Internet forums and blogs, with questions initially focused on anachronisms in the typography, and the scandal quickly spread to the mass media.[11] CBS and Rather defended the authenticity and usage of the documents for two weeks, but other news organizations continued to scrutinize the evidence, and USA Today obtained an independent analysis from outside experts.
...}

No document can ever be authenticated on its own.
But they were handed over by Lt. Col. Bill Burkett, the person who was the only one to be able to authenticate them still living. So they were authenticated by the only witness there was.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki tweeted Wednesday former news anchor Dan Rather is welcome in the White House press briefing room “anytime,” noting “she may regret” the invitation.

Psaki’s response originated from Rather’s tweet at Psaki, which praised her for reminding him of his “daily” White House beat. “Would be fun to find my way back to the briefing room again the future,” he prodded.

Psaki responded by saying, “I may regret this, but you are welcome anytime! there is always a seat for @DanRather in the briefing room.”

EoL9T_-XcAUCG4x.png

For reporting the truth?
We all know Bush never showed up for the National Guard.

EoL9T_-XcAUCG4x.png

For reporting the truth?

He reported on a document that he knew was a forgery.

Fuck him.

We all know OJ Simpson killed Nicole and Ron....should Rather lie and say that OJ told him he did it?

You lefties are so morally bankrupt.

Wrong.
Microsoft obviously copied the IBM Selectric font.
The similarity does not prove it was done in Microsoft Word, it just proves Microsoft used the IBM Selectric font, (or one similar), as the model for their programming metrics.
What else would you expect Microsoft to do?
Fonts already have standard names, like helvetica, times, arial, courier,etc.
Do you expect Microsoft to come up with new ones?
The fonts in the documents were available in 1972.

EoL9T_-XcAUCG4x.png

For reporting the truth?

He reported on a document that he knew was a forgery.

Fuck him.

We all know OJ Simpson killed Nicole and Ron....should Rather lie and say that OJ told him he did it?

You lefties are so morally bankrupt.

Wrong.
The only person who could say if they were real or not was the only person alive who was there, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett, and he said they were real.

Wrong.
Microsoft obviously copied the IBM Selectric font.
The similarity does not prove it was done in Microsoft Word, it just proves Microsoft used the IBM Selectric font, (or one similar), as the model for their programming metrics.
What else would you expect Microsoft to do?
Fonts already have standard names, like helvetica, times, arial, courier,etc.
Do you expect Microsoft to come up with new ones?
The fonts in the documents were available in 1972.

CBS fired Rather, take it up with them. I'm sure they were looking for any excuse to get rid of him, he was a piece of shit.

Forum List

Back