Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

I don't get it, why give her the benefit of the doubt but not him? I know why I give him the benefit of the doubt, quite simply, the handwriting doesn't match.

To me its way more probable he did it than the elaborate scheme you would need to believe in order to think she was lying. Unless you are a handwriting expert any difference you may think you see in the "none" and the n word is irrelevant.

Look, apart from assigning blame and passing judgement (and again, absent a criminal offense or civil tort, I wonder how relevant THAT really is), the significant thing is that someone committed a hateful act. In that sense, it doesn't matter which one did it, or which race they belong to. It's been damn near fifty years since this nation committed itself to the idea of racial equality. Does it not bother all of you that after nearly a generation, we STILL have to wonder why someone would use a racial slur in that situation, or, alternatively, whether someone else would create a hoax accusing someone of doing so? Does it not also bother you, that the prevailing response here, has been to point fingers and cast blame at the other side of the divide, and/or the political opposition, or to try to decide what extralegal consequences should befall the party we think is at fault, instead of trying to find some constructive means of breaking the cycle of grievance and counter-grievance that leads to this in the first place? Or maybe you'd prefer that we just go on slapping at each other, retaliating at each other, and picking the scabs off each other's wounds for another fifty years? If any of you don't understand the futility of continuing to do that, I don't know what else to say to you. THe ultimate indictment of that mode of thinking and acting, is that IT DOESN'T WORK; NOT FOR BLACK PEOPLE, NOT FOR WHITE PEOPLE. I'm getting a little tired of the old excuse that "THEY do it, so WE have to!" NO, we DON'T, and it's about time that got said.

When its all said and done you are completely right. I just hope the hate I see displayed on these boards is not indicative of what whites feel as group. I have several business partners that are white and I'd hate to think they feel the same as someone like Tank but still smiling in my face.

To me its way more probable he did it than the elaborate scheme you would need to believe in order to think she was lying. Unless you are a handwriting expert any difference you may think you see in the "none" and the n word is irrelevant.

Look, apart from assigning blame and passing judgement (and again, absent a criminal offense or civil tort, I wonder how relevant THAT really is), the significant thing is that someone committed a hateful act. In that sense, it doesn't matter which one did it, or which race they belong to. It's been damn near fifty years since this nation committed itself to the idea of racial equality. Does it not bother all of you that after nearly a generation, we STILL have to wonder why someone would use a racial slur in that situation, or, alternatively, whether someone else would create a hoax accusing someone of doing so? Does it not also bother you, that the prevailing response here, has been to point fingers and cast blame at the other side of the divide, and/or the political opposition, or to try to decide what extralegal consequences should befall the party we think is at fault, instead of trying to find some constructive means of breaking the cycle of grievance and counter-grievance that leads to this in the first place? Or maybe you'd prefer that we just go on slapping at each other, retaliating at each other, and picking the scabs off each other's wounds for another fifty years? If any of you don't understand the futility of continuing to do that, I don't know what else to say to you. THe ultimate indictment of that mode of thinking and acting, is that IT DOESN'T WORK; NOT FOR BLACK PEOPLE, NOT FOR WHITE PEOPLE. I'm getting a little tired of the old excuse that "THEY do it, so WE have to!" NO, we DON'T, and it's about time that got said.

When its all said and done you are completely right. I just hope the hate I see displayed on these boards is not indicative of what whites feel as group. I have several business partners that are white and I'd hate to think they feel the same as someone like Tank but still smiling in my face.

Your biggest problem is that for so long you and your ilk have been allowed to yell 'racism' and define your own fighting words to the exclusion of anyone else and with no concept that the time would come when other people will decide it is time to fight you back. Well, that time has come. Your little games and pity parties are backfiring on you, and one day someone will kick you ass up between your shoulders for you.

So, you have reason to believe she is not a scam artist. Did her posting of the receipt on line convince you that she was a woman of character?

It's simple. The customer says he wrote none and left. The waitress says he wrote "******" below "none" and then posted a photo of a customer's private financial information. This is about all we have with which to judge their characters.
Game set and match, customer.

I don't need a reason to believe she is not guilty, I need a reason to believe she is.

I don't get it, why give her the benefit of the doubt but not him? I know why I give him the benefit of the doubt, quite simply, the handwriting doesn't match.

I don't need to give him the benefit of the doubt, the handwriting clearly was not his. I just cannot say one way or the other if she write it, or why, so I am giving her the benefit of the doubt.

I don't need a reason to believe she is not guilty, I need a reason to believe she is.

Why are you insisting that there are only two possibilities? It is entirely possible she did it because she is stupid and that there was no elaborate plan involved.

I'd have to add at this juncture that I'm amazed at what posters think they can slip past others who know their stuff. The anonymous nature of these boards leads me to believe little of what's said here would ever be said in real life, in the real world. What's truly amazing is how little some here know about how their credit card works, how to defend it against fraud, and the consequences of the law when you play with other's finanacial information in a public venue. The black waitress should be dragged from her apartment and frog-marched into a holding cell until she can be arraigned for mail fraud, profiting from an illegal enterprise, and forgery. Instead all some of these airheads can come up with is that she's the victim and the guy she punked is a "racist". Little wonder why the public schools are now tasked to turn out even dumber voters than before to keep the leftists lying with a straight face.

I'd have to add at this juncture that I'm amazed at what posters think they can slip past others who know their stuff. The anonymous nature of these boards leads me to believe little of what's said here would ever be said in real life, in the real world. What's truly amazing is how little some here know about how their credit card works, how to defend it against fraud, and the consequences of the law when you play with other's finanacial information in a public venue. The black waitress should be dragged from her apartment and frog-marched into a holding cell until she can be arraigned for mail fraud, profiting from an illegal enterprise, and forgery. Instead all some of these airheads can come up with is that she's the victim and the guy she punked is a "racist". Little wonder why the public schools are now tasked to turn out even dumber voters than before to keep the leftists lying with a straight face.

And one of these days you will look behind you and she will be getting ready to stick a thermometer up your ass. I just hope they get her out of nursing school, and fast. She is bit fit to be a nurse.

Why are you insisting that there are only two possibilities? It is entirely possible she did it because she is stupid and that there was no elaborate plan involved.

Right now there are only 2 people involved from what we know?

What's "elaborate" about it? She writes the "n" word, she posts it on Facebook, she asks for and receives money. Seems pretty simple to me.

Him simply writing the slur is way more simple.

nope, it is more convinient for your racist mind.

it is way more simple for HER to write the word - if HE did it - why on earth didn't she have a fit over it right on the scene? instead she supposedly quietly takes picture of the receipt - which is already suspicious - if there WAS a word written by a customer and she would be apalled - she would show the manager and make a copy, not sneak the picture.

She was not apalled. She planned it, did it and then posted it - for attention, money, whatever.

Your biggest problem is that for so long you and your ilk have been allowed to yell 'racism' and define your own fighting words to the exclusion of anyone else and with no concept that the time would come when other people will decide it is time to fight you back. Well, that time has come. Your little games and pity parties are backfiring on you, and one day someone will kick you ass up between your shoulders for you.

Personally I dont have a problem with anyone except with racists. Everyone can get their ass kicked. Just hasn't happened to me yet.

Personally I dont have a problem with anyone except with racists. Everyone can get their ass kicked. Just hasn't happened to me yet.

Your daddy never kicked your ass? that's.....UN-AMERICAN.

What's "elaborate" about it? She writes the "n" word, she posts it on Facebook, she asks for and receives money. Seems pretty simple to me.

it is way more simple for HER to write the word - if HE did it - why on earth didn't she have a fit over it right on the scene? instead she supposedly quietly takes picture of the receipt - which is already suspicious - if there WAS a word written by a customer and she would be apalled - she would show the manager and make a copy, not sneak the picture.

She was not apalled. She planned it, did it and then posted it - for attention, money, whatever.

No it really is simple if you can count to 3. He only needs to do 1 thing. She needs to do at least 3 to pull it off.

No it really is simple if you can count to 3. He only needs to do 1 thing. She needs to do at least 3 to pull it off.

it is simple - SHE wrote it.

you don't have even to count :D

No thats abuse. If you kick your childs ass you have problems with which you need to deal with. You would be better off talking to a therapist

it is simple - SHE wrote it.

you don't have even to count :D

Yes it is simple. He wrote it.

And one of these days you will look behind you and she will be getting ready to stick a thermometer up your ass. I just hope they get her out of nursing school, and fast. She is bit fit to be a nurse.

:eek: She's in nursing school? You know what that will lead to....her claiming she's a DOCTOR who got her license in the Bahamas and accepts Visa/Mastercard and EBT from her victims. Grrrl belongs in stir with the rest of the race-baiters and thieves in her area.

No thats abuse. If you kick your childs ass you have problems with which you need to deal with. You would be better off talking to a therapist

Of course....all parenting is "abuse" right? Have you sued your folks for it yet? :uhoh3:

Last edited:

Of course....all parenting is "abuse" right? Have you sued your folks for it yet? :uhoh3:

Parenting has nothing to do with kicking someones ass. Were you abused or something and haven't realized it?

Last edited:

Parenting has nothing to do with kicking someones ass. Were you abused or something and haven't realized it?

So you never tried the old man on for size and found out how fast you can land on your ass? You must be a girl.

p.s. do you know what the word "therapist" is when it's divided into two words?

Someone says kicking your child's ass is abuse and you respond by saying, "Of course...all parenting is abuse, right?"

No one said ALL parenting is abuse. They said kicking your child's ass is abuse. How do you get "all parenting is abuse" out of that?

Last edited:

Someone says kicking your child's ass is abuse and you respond by saying, "Of course...all paenting is abuse, right?"

No one said ALL parenting is abuse. They said kicking your child's ass is abuse. How do you get "all parenting is abuse" out of that?

Shhhhhh.....I've been sparring with this dilweed all afternoon....about to pop him/her into the creel. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back