registered Dem, been leaning Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanbmx123

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2014
newbie here, I grew up in a democrat house. Dad loved Musky, hated Nixon with a passion. I was liberal as a youth but have since changed to conservative since I turned 40. Just like Churchill said. I would say I lean independent on social issues, conservative on economics, Find most of what the tea party stands for I agree with. voted for Clinton, then Gore, then Bush second term, McCain, Romney. Romney would have been a much better choice than what we have now. McCain is turned into a nut, Gore is a Nut, I live in the land of crazy liberals :cuckoo:, California, and it is ruined. Hillary is a mistake, Obama is a failed presidency. honestly do not know if the right person will come to unite this mess.

Welcome to USMB.

I hope you've had all of your shots.

newbie here, I grew up in a democrat house. Dad loved Musky, hated Nixon with a passion. I was liberal as a youth but have since changed to conservative since I turned 40. Just like Churchill said. I would say I lean independent on social issues, conservative on economics, Find most of what the tea party stands for I agree with. voted for Clinton, then Gore, then Bush second term, McCain, Romney. Romney would have been a much better choice than what we have now. McCain is turned into a nut, Gore is a Nut, I live in the land of crazy liberals :cuckoo:, California, and it is ruined. Hillary is a mistake, Obama is a failed presidency. honestly do not know if the right person will come to unite this mess.
Your revelation can only serve to exemplify that you are in favor of the right wing's full support of the wealthiest of Americans over the Middle Class. Perhaps you are rich yourself and that's why. If you are not, then your 40 years of life have not served you well enough yet to realize that America does not wish to return to the failed policies of the past under Republicans, the obstructionist party of CUTS, CUTS, and More CUTS to what Americans have worked so hard for all of their life that they are most deserving of. And that's just for starters. Conservatives have a very dismal record on the environment, education, clean water, Women, the Middle Class, Minorities, and the poor as well as a host of other things. What they do today is simply **Nothing.** Look at how Speaker Boehner has brought the U.S. House to a standstill because he is so afraid that if something gets passed there the credit will go to President Obama. So, in the meantime, it is Americans who ultimately have to suffer due to political plays by Republicans. But if that's the party of your choice, hope you are financially able to fully sustain yourself with their anti-Middle Class policies and agenda.

Churchill never said that comment, you know. Given that Churchill was conservative when young and liberal when old, it would make no sense that he said such a stupid thing.

Back in the real world, individuals tend to grow more liberal as they age and mature, not more conservative. Nothing creates liberals more reliably than real world experience.

As already noted that quote is misattributed to Churchill --- but this is the intro forum, you're supposed to be telling us about yourself, not a litany of politicians. That's for the politics forum.

So welcome in, don thy armor for thou shalt need it, o worthy knave.

Welcome to USMB. :)

Welcome alan ... As you can see, the Liberals trip over themselves pointing out where you are wrong.
It is okay ... They hope that it will someday translate into them being right about something.

Meanwhile ... Relax and have a great time.

Welcome alan ... As you can see, the Liberals trip over themselves pointing out where you are wrong.
It is okay ... They hope that it will someday translate into them being right about something.

Meanwhile ... Relax and have a great time.
And as you can plainly see, Alan, since Republicans have absolutely no plan for America all they can resort to, and they often do, is to finger pointing to the Liberals. If they knew how to solve the problems of this nation, if they knew how to really work for Americans who sent them to Washington, if they had ANYTHING to talk about that they had accomplished for this nation they would be touting their successes but since they don't, well...let's just resort to finger pointing towards the guy that is actually working for this nation and building it up to where jobs are now tops and the economy continues to improve. Oh, but let's not mention that because it would add yet another feather to Obama's cap and we can't have that now can we? Can you now see their strategy here and what they always do when they have No Record of their own to run on?

wow lots of smart people here, explain to me the big liberal plan the Dems have for the US, I think I plainly stated the Republicans have done nothing for me, all things considered I believe Romney would have been better able to handle this mess. But if you think more social programs are the answer, fine

Last edited:
wow lots of smart people here, explain to me the big liberal plan the Dems have for the US, I think I plainly stated the Republicans have done nothing for me, all things considered I believe Romney would have been better able to handle this mess. But if you think more social programs are the answer, fine

That might be better discussed out on the open politics forum. Usually, introductions are just supposed to be introductions....

Why not start a thread and ask people what you stated in the bolded?

You'll find most of what had been Democrats in here, have turned into Joe McCarthy's subversives.... Fun to play with as most only have 2 digit IQ's and believe the Manchurian muslim is really the coming of the Mess...iah.....IF they believed in a GOD!

Enjoy the ride, and take it for what this really is...entertainment!

This is your intro thread....try to stick to telling us about yourself so we can welcome you. We are not allowed to get into heated debates here, so if you don't want to appear wimpy, take your politics to the political Forum.

Welcome, have a good time posting here.

Welcome Alan.

Say whatever you want...this is your intro thread.

Read the sticky for this Forum.....making political statements is flaming, and obviously you want the poor noob to get in trouble....nice going.

These are Welcome Threads. Please focus on Civil Discourse. Be Polite. No Flame Wars. No Derailing. No Neg Repping.

"Zone 1" Rules Apply Here.

Welcome Alan.

Say whatever you want...this is your intro thread.

Read the sticky for this Forum.....making political statements is flaming, and obviously you want the poor noob to get in trouble....nice going.

These are Welcome Threads. Please focus on Civil Discourse. Be Polite. No Flame Wars. No Derailing. No Neg Repping.

"Zone 1" Rules Apply Here.

LOL, it is an intro thread, he can't tell us about his political beliefs in an intro thread to a political forum...that is flaming?!? :lol:

Flaming sure doesn't mean what it used to. :lol:

I don't see that in what you just posted.

Let's not derail this thread anymore tho. That is an actual violation.

Pm me with the rule, or a new thread link.

Winston was a drunkard with deep psychological issues.

just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back