Reid says Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has claimed that Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years.

Reid said that is the reason the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has only released two years of personal tax returns, according to the Huffington Post.

Reid said that a Bain Capital investor recently told him: ‘Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.’

'Mitt Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years,' claims Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid | Mail Online

A guy told me that Harry was born Henrietta. ;)

Harry's parents were Harry Senior and Treva......they were my ex wife's aunt and uncle....and the salt of the earth...I was privaleged to be at their home in Searchlight Nevada....a little one horse town.

Harry's own Family called him pinky derisively....I never met Harry...he was too good to come around his own family.

All Mittens has to do is man up, and deny it, and prove it's a lie. He want's to get elected for the Presidency, not Harry Reid.

Geez, if he could prove that Reid is full of shit, won't he have a twofer?

I understand you have beaten your wife for years....you owe it to us to show that isn't true....or your boyfriend whatever...c'mon America want to know.

The issue is whether or not Mitt payed zero taxes for 10 years. Why hasn't he even denied it?

Cave in to the typical liberal tactic of getting them off message by defending the ludicrous...???

Nah... Do what is legally necessary, pound the massage home about Obama's many failures, give details on what you will do specifically.. rinse and repeat

I understand you have beaten your wife for years....you owe it to us to show that isn't true....or your boyfriend whatever...c'mon America want to know.

The issue is whether or not Mitt payed zero taxes for 10 years. Why hasn't he even denied it?

You still haven't denied beating your wife, why?

I want to see the court documents showing you have stopped.

is Tuck running for the highest office in the land?

Mitt Romney is running for President. He needs to be vetted. Time to release those tax returns. He actually does owe us at least this much since he pretty much is doing nothing to tell us what his plans are if he is elected except cutting taxes on the wealthy and waiting for Congress to decide what to do.

Does anybody really thing this wishy washy flip flopper is good for this country?

candycorn-albums-triton-picture4692-romney-taxes-i.jpg

Mitt Romney is running for President. He needs to be vetted. Time to release those tax returns. He actually does owe us at least this much since he pretty much is doing nothing to tell us what his plans are if he is elected except cutting taxes on the wealthy and waiting for Congress to decide what to do.

Does anybody really thing this wishy washy flip flopper is good for this country?

Well I made the point yesterday that I would be the most shocked person in the room if Governor Romney had anything that even had a wiff of impropriety much less illegal on his tax filings. But there is a difference between improper, illegal, and Presidential.

If it turns out he paid X percent in taxes....how can he as President ask anyone else to pay more than X unless he wants to change the tax code to balance the playing field as Mr. Obama does.

You still haven't denied beating your wife, why?

I want to see the court documents showing you have stopped.

is Tuck running for the highest office in the land?

Not the point...ill educated people state a negative and then ask someone to prove it isn't true...Dick beats his wife...I have it on good authority.

Geeeeeezus....just like Barak Urkel Obama was...you people are just freaking stupid.

Then why limit it to tax returns (because it fits the class warfare rhetoric being used?)? Why not college transcripts for all candidates too??

Not fulfilling your legal tax responsibility is a crime. The IRS has not acted. Reid alluded that this was the case....but Romney has answered as he should...put up or shut up.
surely you don't understand the issue and many don't so you are in good company...

4000 elite wealthy Americans stuffed their money in private overseas bank accounts (swiss) to avoid US taxes on it.....one of those banks in Switzerland in 2009 was forced by the usa gvt to give up the names of those 4000 americans with money in them.

The IRS has no inkling on the money put in these foreign countries, (switzerland, cayman islands, bermuda) and the Americans putting their money in them DID NOT EVER CLAIM them on their tax returns....so the irs would never know....

But in switzerland, a bank there was forced somehow to release the names of Americans to the us gvt/irs....

The IRS, instead of sending these 4000 Americans avoiding taxes to prison, offered a one time Amnesty program to the 4000 people that had been illegally avoiding taxes there if they fessed up and paid taxes and penalty for the years of tax avoidance I believe....or get hit so hard on taxes and penalties or jail time that it wouldn't be worth it to continue to try to deny or hide it....the 4000 who were avoiding taxes in this one Swiss bank, had no choice but to accept the amnesty program issued in 2010....and articles on it said that these wealthiest American's tax lawyers and accountants were all scrambling to take the amnesty.

So basically, the IRS does not know about most of the overseas tax haven accounts held by Americans is because the whole point of having them in these countries is that these countries have no agreement with the usa gvt to report such to the us gvt....thus these people never reported to the irs as even having these accts....except the case with this one Swiss Bank that somehow got cornered in to revealing the Americans(that's a whole nuther story)...

Many believe for many reasons, that Romney was one of those Americans cornered in to Amnesty in 2010.

Do you know how it works with offshore accounts?? Do you have ANY clue?? If the iRS had a sniff of him hiding anything, after signing to the fact that he did not, they would be on him like stink on a monkey
Do you have any idea how it works? the Caymans, Bermuda, and the Swiss have NO AGREEMENT with the USA to report any Americans banking with them and have been famous for this secrecy.... in 2009 the Usa gvt ended up being able to force this one swiss bank, to "give up" the names of 4000 americans banking with them....tell me you didn't read anything about this back in 2009 and I'll be shocked! the us gvt/irs offered Amnesty to these illegal tax avoidance people in 2010....they already were on him like stink on a monkey, if it is true that he banked there, thus the reason for him taking the Amnesty.....to avoid jail or even bigger penalties than those offered Amnesty had to pay.

Last edited:

Then why limit it to tax returns (because it fits the class warfare rhetoric being used?)? Why not college transcripts for all candidates too??

Usually what happened 5 years ago is more important than what happened 45 years ago. Especially when the monetary policy which includes tax rates are a centerpiece of the election.

But I agree, lets see everything.

I could care less about Obama's or Romney's college transcripts. I do care about the tax returns because I do care about how they handle their finances. Both of them need to do it and so far only one of them has. Romney just needs to do it and get it over with. The sooner the better.

Usually what happened 5 years ago is more important than what happened 45 years ago. Especially when the monetary policy which includes tax rates are a centerpiece of the election.

Lets get a law passed saying you need to release all records for congress and the white house...If you want the vote, you gotta do it, until then I dont care

Because he does not owe you anything.

Don't like it, don't vote for him.

Moron.

He owes nothing to anyone. He certainly doesn't owe anything to me (unless I could see his tax returns). If Mittens doesn't want to deny that he didn't pay taxes for 10 years, that's certainly his choice. But the fact remains that there's evidence that he didn't pay a dime in taxes for 10 years. He hasn't denied it.

I think Reid is a shameless liar and wonder if he is counting on the media not to question anything here. He has made a serious charge with nothing to back it up and that alone is worth investigation.

I think this latest tactic is going to come back and bite them in the ass like many other stupid things they've tried.

Lets get a law passed saying you need to release all records for congress and the white house...If you want the vote, you gotta do it, until then I dont care

I can get behind this idea. But I still want them to do it now. At least the tax returns part.

Neither does any other normal person. We just wish you would drink yourself to death on the res like so many others.

wishing death on someone is fucked no matter what your political affiliation....

I don't wish death because of political affiliation... because of uselessness, trollish behavior, and acting dishonorable, yeah I will hope they just take a direct lead injection to the roof of the mouth

you would wish death on someone Dave because the guy trolls a fucking chat room?....

Just going back 5 years, including the 2010 return released in full and not missing anything, would answer the question about amnesty.

the reason some are calling for the 10 years of returns, like what romney's father released when running for Governor, is a whole different issue...left wingers want it to go back 10 years so they can see if he was lying about his connection to Bain Capital...

Forum List

Back