Released soldier's parents appear with Obama

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
WASHINGTON (AP) - The father of the lone U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, says the nature of his son's recovery will never really be comprehended.

Bob Bergdahl stood with his wife, Jani, and President Barack Obama in the White House Rose Garden on Saturday and thanked everyone in the U.S. and around the world involved in his son's release after five years' captivity.

Released soldier's parents appear with Obama - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Now watch the rightwing baboons throw their feces

WASHINGTON (AP) - The father of the lone U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, says the nature of his son's recovery will never really be comprehended.

Bob Bergdahl stood with his wife, Jani, and President Barack Obama in the White House Rose Garden on Saturday and thanked everyone in the U.S. and around the world involved in his son's release after five years' captivity.

Released soldier's parents appear with Obama - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Ending with an insult encourages negative responses. That noted, I believe there will be, in any event. No one knows yet, or may never know, all he has been through. Nor can the psychological damage be measured in an instant.

:eusa_shhh:
Google Bob Bergdahl deleted Tweet

Wow...I also read that he was frustrated over the years with this administration, and was determined to take matters into his own hands and contact the Taliban directly. He's a unique case study...a wilderness survivalist who home schooled his children, which the left like to poke fun at as extremists/domestic terrorist types, but that sort of a tweet might make him more endearing to them.:eusa_whistle:

Ya got a young Marine that emails home about how disgusting America has become, that goes awol then turns up with the Talban, that has a dad with an agenda of freeing GTMO detainees.

Wonder how many terrorists Mexico will take to send a real Marine home

Ya got a young Marine that emails home about how disgusting America has become, that goes awol then turns up with the Talban, that has a dad with an agenda of freeing GTMO detainees.

Wonder how many terrorists Mexico will take to send a real Marine home

I find it fascinating that he only joined the US Army after he was rejected by the French Foreign Legion. I think there is a lot more to learn about this young man.

Sherry, I am sure you are right there is more to learn.

However, I side with the POW-MIA of Boise who are 100% behind his release and return to his family.

And the prodigal son, who once was lost, is now found.

Sherry, I am sure you are right there is more to learn.

However, I side with the POW-MIA of Boise who are 100% behind his release and return to his family.

And the prodigal son, who once was lost, is now found.

I rejoice in his release...I'm still curious about all of the circumstances surrounding his upbringing and decision to join the military, what led up to him leaving the base that fateful day, and all of the efforts by so many to ensure his return home. Now I'm also interested in his father's back story, and the role he has played in possibly communicating with the Taliban.

You didn't think this was gonna play out as welcoming a POW back home, did you?

He'll be welcomed home by many, even those questioning if he may have abandoned his post. The first priority is to make certain he's healthy and reunited with his family. Hagel has declined to comment on whether or not he could face a court martial. If they do decide to move in that direction, don't hold it against Obama.

You don't give two shits about Bowe Bergdahl.

I'm not so sure how I feel about this story now.

First of all, it is now looking like he may be a deserter, and when you see that we traded prisoners, it simply looks now as if we broke the cardinal rule of negotiating with terrorists.

I'm not so sure how I feel about this story now.

First of all, it is now looking like he may be a deserter, and when you see that we traded prisoners, it simply looks now as if we broke the cardinal rule of negotiating with terrorists.

The plot thickens...I guess if anyone is entitled to criticize his actions, it would be fellow soldiers.

Javier Ortiz, a former combat medic in the Army, said he is frustrated with Bergdahl’s actions and thinks he should be tried for desertion, even after five years in captivity in Pakistan. Many U.S. troops had misgivings about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan while they were deployed but did not act on them as Bergdahl did, said Ortiz, of Lawton, Okla.

“I had a responsibility while I was there to the guys I was with, and that’s why this hits the hardest,” said Ortiz, who was in Iraq from March 2003 to March 2004 with the 101st Airborne Division. “Regardless of what you learned while being there, we still have a responsibility to the men to our left and right. It’s terrible, what he did.”

Mixed reaction to Bergdahl?s recovery by service members who consider him a deserter - The Washington Post

Forum List

Back