Zone1 Religion is not needed if a "golden rule" is valued

Sorry, forgot you can't read. Note to self: ding glasses just for show..
I read just fine. I didn't see any non-religious organizations listed which provide comfort from suffering, celebrations of life or offer hope to others like religious institutions do.

And since you couldn't name a single one when asked, I'll just assume it's because there were none that you could think of.

Elevate your game, bro.

1705359590685.png

I read just fine. I didn't see any non-religious organizations listed which provide comfort from suffering, celebrations of life or offer hope to others like religious institutions do.

what suits their purpose ...

1705365080187.jpeg

the heart of christianity in amereica, the bible belt prove repeatedly the true authors of the 4th century christian bible are the crucifiers and their false commandments used to pursecuite and victimize the innocent - bing.

without lenses they can think whatever they want - and it will be true.

* with his brain anyway - the oil tycoon living in texas.
Truth is absolute and is discovered. Error cannot stand. Eventually error fails.

What you intended for evil, God is using for good.

Last edited:
There had never been a golden rule until religion established one.
Where'd you get that idea?

There was no sense of morality or right and wrong until religion determined that.
Wrong.
Primitive and advanced cultures of the past saw as proper and committed actions and activities that would horrify the current generation.
The Golden Rule is absolute key to the very beginning of human society. Religion was not.
Religion has much to condemn it and much to commend it. But it is a savage and terrible world without it.
Really? Why don't you look at the correlation between violence and religion in the world's nations.

Last edited:
Truth is absolute and is discovered. Error cannot stand. Eventually error fails.

What you intended for evil, God is using for good.

the only evil are those imposters, the crucifiers that wrote the 4th century christian bible - bing.

Can you name non-religious organizations which serve these needs?
"these needs" -- WTF? From what you claim to have read:

Practices[edit]​

See also: Spirituality and New Age
SBNR is related to feminist spiritual and religious thought and ecological spiritualities,[27] and also to Neo-Paganism, Wicca, Shamanic, Druidic, Gaian and ceremonial magic practices.[27] Some New Age spiritual practices include astrology, Ouija boards, Tarot cards, the I Ching, and science fiction.[27] A common practice of SBNRs is meditation, such as mindfulness and Transcendental Meditation.[27]

In popular culture[edit]​

In Weezer's 2017 single titled "Feels Like Summer", Rivers Cuomo sings the lyrics "I'm spiritual, not religious / I'm a Libra, if that matters" at the beginning of the second verse.[28]
Spirituality requires no organization, but people do need to get out and mingle with their weird neighbors and strangers now and then. Sports, shopping, libraries, school plays, volunteer work,... all spiritual.

I would prefer neighbors meet often in "town" or community meeting halls to discuss local interests and "needs".. perhaps combined with playing games, showing films, physical activities, routine health care... School buildings always serve well, but they're busy while church buildings sit mostly idle all week. We could do with much less gambling and drinking halls. More healthy, stimulating, public gathering places for such purposes.

Last edited:
"these needs" -- WTF? From what you claim to have read:

Spirituality requires no organization, but people do need to get out and mingle with their weird neighbors and strangers now and then. Sports, shopping, libraries, school plays, volunteer work,... all spiritual.

I would prefer neighbors meet often in "town" or community meeting halls to discuss local interests and "needs".. perhaps combined with playing games, showing films, physical activities, routine health care... School buildings always serve well, but they're busy while church buildings sit mostly idle all week. We could do with much less gambling and drinking halls. More healthy, stimulating, public gathering places for such purposes.
So then you concede my point that... Religious communities serve a need no other agency can provide; religious communities provide comfort from suffering, thankfulness, and hope. It's not an accident that religion is a part of man's existence. It's quite logical.

Forum List

Back