Zone1 Religion is not needed if a "golden rule" is valued

the only evil are those imposters, the crucifiers that wrote the 4th century christian bible - bing.
Or possibly you.

not a chance, jesus taught liberation theology, self determination - no where found in the christian bible of servitude and denial.

nor did jesus contribute a single word written in that awful bible, they knew what would befall their notoriety after their death - christianity - and the forgeries and fallacies they would use against them.

not a chance, jesus taught liberation theology, self determination - no where found in the christian bible of servitude and denial.

nor did jesus contribute a single word written in that awful bible, they knew what would befall their notoriety after their death - christianity - and the forgeries and fallacies they would use against them.
I think there is a better than even chance that it's you that is the evil.

So then you concede my point that... Religious communities serve a need no other agency can provide; religious communities provide comfort from suffering, thankfulness, and hope. It's not an accident that religion is a part of man's existence. It's quite logical.
Then you concede. You can't read.

Really, all one can do is speak for oneself, so here I go:

I once meditated, albeit not long, on what kind of person I would be if I had not had the Catholic influence in my early life (and later studied Catholicism rather in depth and read many books about it...).

I am being totally honest when I say this:

I didn't like the way that person looked to me. That person would likely be very lawless, selfish, materialistic. Noi, scratch the "very likely." I WOULD be all those things and probably worse.

I am some of those things today, sporadically... in bad moments of my life, but for the most part, I am not those things

I think there is a better than even chance that it's you that is the evil.

christianity twists your propriety to servitude and denial - try opening your eyes and see the lite nothing could be any worse than your present state of mind.

Not only is religion not needed but it is used to ‘justify’ acts of reprehensible immorality and hateful depravity.
Naturally something good is used to justify immorality. No one is going to use "wormy" to justify a depraved act. Religion and Mom and Apple Pie are good covers.

Best friends. Spouse. Children. None of these relationships are needed, but just as is the relationship with God, they bring blessings into our lives.

christianity twists your propriety to servitude and denial - try opening your eyes and see the lite nothing could be any worse than your present state of mind.
Objectively, that is horseshit. You want me to give up the secret of my success? Why would I? What have you accomplished that would make me want to join you?

That's only a problem if you don't understand that the creator is outside of time and space as we know it. He created time, therefore, there is no need for Him to have a beginning. He simply always was, and is, and is to come.
How do you KNOW that? Are YOU supernatural? Or you want to believe that?

Every single atom that exists today had it's beginning ~14 billion years ago. Since that time it has only changed form. The atoms in your body are ~14 billion years old. As that is the claim of the big bang.

"Did you know that the matter in your body is billions of years old?
According to most astrophysicists, all the matter found in the universe today -- including the matter in people, plants, animals, the earth, stars, and galaxies -- was created at the very first moment of time, thought to be about 13 billion years ago.
The universe began, scientists believe, with every speck of its energy jammed into a very tiny point. This extremely dense point exploded with unimaginable force, creating matter and propelling it outward to make the billions of galaxies of our vast universe. Astrophysicists dubbed this titanic explosion the Big Bang..."

Again, it's a HYPOTHESIS based on data analysis. NO ONE living today knows what happened 14 Billion years ago. Even YOU!

I've been a practicing engineer for over 37 years. I probably know a good deal more about science than you do.

Gregor Johann Mendel OSA (/ˈmɛndəl/; Czech: Řehoř Jan Mendel;[2] 20 July 1822[3] – 6 January 1884) was a German-Czech biologist, meteorologist,[4] mathematician, Augustinian friar and abbot of St. Thomas' Abbey in Brno (Brünn), Margraviate of Moravia. Mendel was born in a German-speaking family in the Silesian part of the Austrian Empire (today's Czech Republic) and gained posthumous recognition as the founder of the modern science of genetics.[5]

"According to the Big Bang theory, the expansion of the observable universe began with the explosion of a single particle at a definite point in time. This startling idea first appeared in scientific form in 1931, in a paper by Georges Lemaître, a Belgian cosmologist and Catholic priest. The theory, accepted by nearly all astronomers today, was a radical departure from scientific orthodoxy in the 1930s. Many astronomers at the time were still uncomfortable with the idea that the universe is expanding. That the entire observable universe of galaxies began with a bang seemed preposterous..."

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin SJ (French: [pjɛʁ tɛjaʁ də ʃaʁdɛ̃] (listen); 1 May 1881 – 10 April 1955) was a French Jesuit priest, scientist, paleontologist, theologian, philosopher and teacher. He was Darwinian in outlook and the author of several influential theological and philosophical books.

His mainstream scientific achievements included taking part in the discovery of Peking Man.
His more speculative ideas, sometimes criticized as pseudoscientific, have included a vitalist conception of the Omega Point and the development along with Vladimir Vernadsky of the concept of a noosphere.

You certainly do NOT understand scientific methods, which are the basis of scientific claims based on evidence. You are not agnostic.

Again, it's a HYPOTHESIS based on data analysis. NO ONE living today knows what happened 14 Billion years ago. Even YOU!
It's more than a hypothesis. It's a theory. And it explains everything we observe. At the end of the day it's the only explanation for the CMB.

Does it freak you out that the universe popped into existence predestined to produce beings that know and create?

You certainly do NOT understand scientific methods, which are the basis of scientific claims based on evidence. You are not agnostic.
But I do. In fact you are the one arguing against scientific claims based upon evidence. What do you think red shift and CMB are if not evidence?

How do you KNOW that? Are YOU supernatural? Or you want to believe that?
It takes more faith to believe that everything came from nothing for no reason, in violation of the laws of physics man has carefully, over centuries, developed.

The religion of Christianity is just that, following the golden rule. ;)

James 1:27
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit* the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

This is actually the personal 'ministry' of everyone in the church. The stumbling block in this is that you must love (agapeo) yourself before you can love another "as you love (agapeo) yourself".

This is one reason that Luther (and others) consider James "the epistle of straw", as they want to attach all sorts of baggage to religion then proceed to judge you on it.

* Literally, to spy on them, to determine their needs.
My point is that one does not need religious folklore to understand and practice "the Golden Rule" or similar variations.

That may be true, but just as wings are not needed if you can flap hard enough with your arms being technically true, does not necessarily mean that it really reflects reality.
Contraire. Religious folklore hinders efficient flapping toward objective reality.

Excellent. So let's apply the Golden Rule to the unborn. Since you liberals are glad you were allowed to be born, let's extend the same courtesy to those who have yet to be born. The Golden Rule.
The unborn has no ability to be conscious to adapt to the natural world. The pregnant mother is VERY conscious of her world, and she should get your FULL courtesy, not your religion.

It's more than a hypothesis. It's a theory. And it explains everything we observe. At the end of the day it's the only explanation for the CMB.

Does it freak you out that the universe popped into existence predestined to produce beings that know and create?
"Predestined" is your loaded word. It's as useful to say that BILLIONS of galaxies & BILLIONS of their stars & planets were "predestined".
Means nothing that is intelligent.

Forum List

Back