Protestantism-Shit won't happen if I work harder
Catholicism-If shit happens I deserve it
Judaism-Why does shit always happen to me
Televangelism-Send money or shit will happen to you
Rastafarianism- Smoke that shit:confused:
Unitarianism-Who gives a shit

t-shirts available

Islam ? A religion ? >> :confused:

Oddly enough, regarding Islam and its summary hereinbefore mentioned, a friend of mine is a frequent visitor to Qatar (pronounced more or less, "gutter"). He has ofter told me that drivers in that haven of Islam are terrible, seeming not to care whether they collide with one another or not.

Doing some informal investigation, he was made to realize that Muslims (in Qatar, at least) are very much believers in "fate." That is to say, if it is your time to die, nothing you can do will prevent it, and if it is not your time to to die, nothing you do will cause it. Therefore, it doesn't matter how you drive.

Hence, "Islam - "If shit happens it is the will of Allah."

Well said.

Oddly enough, regarding Islam and its summary hereinbefore mentioned, a friend of mine is a frequent visitor to Qatar (pronounced more or less, "gutter"). He has ofter told me that drivers in that haven of Islam are terrible, seeming not to care whether they collide with one another or not.

Doing some informal investigation, he was made to realize that Muslims (in Qatar, at least) are very much believers in "fate." That is to say, if it is your time to die, nothing you can do will prevent it, and if it is not your time to to die, nothing you do will cause it. Therefore, it doesn't matter how you drive.

Hence, "Islam - "If shit happens it is the will of Allah."

Well said.

The drivers in Iran were the same way when I was there in 72-73'. At evening rush hour, they'd turn a four lane city street into a one way going out. But there was always a few going in, zig-zaging through the out bound traffic. Sometimes they'd drive on the sidewalk coming in. If you were driving outside of town at night, and a car was coming at you, and you had your head lights on, they'd turn theirs off. If you turned yours off, they'd turn theirs back on.

Forum List

Back