Religious conservatives will never abandon Trump

They may not approve of his life, but unlike the democrats, he will not go after what is important in THEIR lives. Democrats offer nothing to Evangelicals except more attacks on their beliefs and lives.

Voting for a thrice-married, twice divorced man known for extramarital affairs, cavorting with Playboy models, vulgar talk, and an itchy Twitter trigger finger — to say nothing of the accusations of racism and sexual harassment or worse against Trump — certainly opens socially conservative Christians up to charges of hypocrisy. It also arguably makes it harder to reach other Americans, including young people, with their religious missions, or work with fellow Christians in communities of color.

But these consequences pale in comparison to voting for a party that stands opposed to the issues nearest to conservative Christians' hearts. As conservative Christian commentator Erick Erickson put it, the Democratic Party "offers me no home and is deeply hostile to people of faith. The president has shown himself to not share my faith convictions any more than the other side, but the president has shown he is willing to defend my faith convictions and is supportive of them."

Erickson didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but announced earlier this month that he plans to do so in 2020. Republican Utah Sen. Mike Lee was one of the most steadfast "Never Trump" social conservatives. He too has said he will endorse Trump in 2020.

They are just following the biblical mandate to pick the lesser of two evils!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Maybe if you quit backing the worst of the two evils, you wouldn't have to be so pissy about not having their votes.

They may not approve of his life, but unlike the democrats, he will not go after what is important in THEIR lives. Democrats offer nothing to Evangelicals except more attacks on their beliefs and lives.

Voting for a thrice-married, twice divorced man known for extramarital affairs, cavorting with Playboy models, vulgar talk, and an itchy Twitter trigger finger — to say nothing of the accusations of racism and sexual harassment or worse against Trump — certainly opens socially conservative Christians up to charges of hypocrisy. It also arguably makes it harder to reach other Americans, including young people, with their religious missions, or work with fellow Christians in communities of color.

But these consequences pale in comparison to voting for a party that stands opposed to the issues nearest to conservative Christians' hearts. As conservative Christian commentator Erick Erickson put it, the Democratic Party "offers me no home and is deeply hostile to people of faith. The president has shown himself to not share my faith convictions any more than the other side, but the president has shown he is willing to defend my faith convictions and is supportive of them."

Erickson didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but announced earlier this month that he plans to do so in 2020. Republican Utah Sen. Mike Lee was one of the most steadfast "Never Trump" social conservatives. He too has said he will endorse Trump in 2020.

Maybe if you quit backing the worst of the two evils, you wouldn't have to be so pissy about not having their votes.

I do not think that Johnson was that bad, he was clearly better than the other two choices.

Sometimes that's the only move.

And when that's the case not making the move is worse.

Not sure the Bible can support that theory.

Not sure you have any part in deciding that for someone else. Damned sure that literally no one has ever asked for your "religious instruction" on the subject one way or the other.

A church is not a business knucklehead

A person can hate any group he wants. But once he opens a business, that BUSINESS must comply with local laws

Why does a person automatically lose their constitutional rights when they try to sell something?

Why is free exercise limited only to Churches (in your opinion).
When we tore down your "Whites Only" signs you racist bigoted assfuck.

The religious basis for segregation was flawed and really just a justification for something that was done for economic reasons.

The religious prohibition on homosexual acts is far more explicit in all of the major religious texts.

Bullshit. Racists are just as sure of their bible passages as homophobes are.

They have far less standing, and like progressives trying to create rights like abortion and SSM, use far more steps of interpetation.

No they don’t. They have the same exact standing, maybe more so since they were able to use it to justify slavery.

Not sure you have any part in deciding that for someone else. Damned sure that literally no one has ever asked for your "religious instruction" on the subject one way or the other.

and you would be wrong yet again. I spent many years as lay leader in churches. Started and led the Children's church at my last church. Taught adult Sunday school and was the leader of the local AWANA club.

you are clueless, as always.

No, I don’t expect it would. I wouldn’t expect them as a group to endorse the Democrats.

However if your loyalty is to God (make me laugh harder), your loyalty is to her/him (or just “him” in their case). You don’t compromise that and give your loyalty to someone who doesn’t share your values.

As for the Politics of the situation, lets say Joe Biden is the nominee. You’re stating—correctly—that the Christian Conservatives will support someone who has had multiple affairs over Biden who TTBOOK, never had any.

Biden supports policies harmful to their interests.

You are confusing supporting someone politically with endorsing their behavior.

Trump may violate the rules they live by, but to them his soul is his issue,and thus they know God will judge him as he sees fit.

But what he doesn't do it try to ruin them for their belief structure.

Biden doesn't support policies that are "harmful to their interests". Gay rights, women's reproductive rights, and the right of all people to have unfettered access to health care, have absolutely no impact on the rights of conservative Christians.

If providing services to people whose beliefs you disagree with is so odious to the Christian right that they cannot serve them, then they are free to avoid opening businesses which are open to the "public". In the event they do open their business to the public, then public accommodation laws should be respected as set out in the Bible.

"Bake that fucking cake, peasant"

Actually, the way the SCOTUS ruled, it was make that fucking BBQ, peasant. Stop blaming gays for PA laws.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/a-barbecue-case-that-helped-the-cause-of-civil-rights/2016/08/01/cc5edcd8-5203-11e6-b7de-dfe509430c39_story.html?utm_term=.b8b1d3b03fb5&noredirect=on

An actual public accommodation, i.e. point sales, not a contracted service.

Sorry, but the current in vogue definition of a PA being any times money changes hands is wrong.

Again, nothing but your opinion with no legal backing.

You’d think that good ol god would strike a few of these liars down once in a while. They ALL know that the “infanticide” charge is absolute BS. It’s a straight up misinformation campaign designed to stir up passion in Trumpland. Why? Because Trump cannot get enough people to be passionate about him.

Fuckers.

No, YOU would think that, because you know even less about God than you do about literally everything else, and yet you feel somehow qualified to speak to how beliefs you don't share should be practiced.

Like I told Moonglow, you should definitely go with, "What you believe is just wrong, so you should stop believing it and caring about it because I said so!" I think that'll be a winning strategy for getting those votes, as will, "You all suck, and you're a bunch of idiots and you don't matter, and WHY AREN'T YOU VOTING FOR US?!"

So says the person wanting to ban gay marriage. Wanting to legalize discrimination.

Wrong. I have nothing wrong with a State allowing SSM as long as it is done so via legislative action, or if the State constitution allows it, referendum.

My issue is with courts making up the right out of thin air, like they did in Obergfell and forcing States to issue them if they don't want to.

What Obergfell should have done was leave it to the States to ISSUE SSM licenses if they saw fit, but be forced to recognize out of State SSM licenses under full faith and credit.
So, if States have a lot of bigots, they could ban it? How is that "American"?
so if 1 state has 10x the population of another state, that should give them greater voice in our government?

how is *that* american?

Yes, obviously.

Congress is elected based on the population.

Every State gets two Senators.

Thus, people in small states have more say that people in larger states.

You think that Delaware & California should get equal votes?

Yes. California as a State can make whatever laws it wants for people in their State via the State government. Why should California, New York, and even Texas be able to make rules for everyone, when it comes to things inside a State, when small States don't want it?

This is a symptom of the federal government doing things outside it's scope and Constitutional mandate.

You mean like PA laws that protect gays along with race and religion? Okay!

Why does a person automatically lose their constitutional rights when they try to sell something?

The religious basis for segregation was flawed and really just a justification for something that was done for economic reasons.

The religious prohibition on homosexual acts is far more explicit in all of the major religious texts.

Bullshit. Racists are just as sure of their bible passages as homophobes are.

They have far less standing, and like progressives trying to create rights like abortion and SSM, use far more steps of interpetation.

No they don’t. They have the same exact standing, maybe more so since they were able to use it to justify slavery.

Try finding passages that endorse slavery, as opposed to those that regulate it. Then try and find passages that see homosexuality as sinful.

Far easier to find the latter.

Wrong. I have nothing wrong with a State allowing SSM as long as it is done so via legislative action, or if the State constitution allows it, referendum.

My issue is with courts making up the right out of thin air, like they did in Obergfell and forcing States to issue them if they don't want to.

What Obergfell should have done was leave it to the States to ISSUE SSM licenses if they saw fit, but be forced to recognize out of State SSM licenses under full faith and credit.
So, if States have a lot of bigots, they could ban it? How is that "American"?
so if 1 state has 10x the population of another state, that should give them greater voice in our government?

how is *that* american?

Yes, obviously.

Congress is elected based on the population.

Every State gets two Senators.

Thus, people in small states have more say that people in larger states.

You think that Delaware & California should get equal votes?

Yes. California as a State can make whatever laws it wants for people in their State via the State government. Why should California, New York, and even Texas be able to make rules for everyone, when it comes to things inside a State, when small States don't want it?

This is a symptom of the federal government doing things outside it's scope and Constitutional mandate.

You mean like PA laws that protect gays along with race and religion? Okay!

PA laws that apply to actual PA's, and of course the States are still bound by the right to free exercise.

As always the government has to have a compelling reason to deny free exercise, and butt hurt is not a compelling reason.

Biden supports policies harmful to their interests.

You are confusing supporting someone politically with endorsing their behavior.

Trump may violate the rules they live by, but to them his soul is his issue,and thus they know God will judge him as he sees fit.

But what he doesn't do it try to ruin them for their belief structure.

Biden doesn't support policies that are "harmful to their interests". Gay rights, women's reproductive rights, and the right of all people to have unfettered access to health care, have absolutely no impact on the rights of conservative Christians.

If providing services to people whose beliefs you disagree with is so odious to the Christian right that they cannot serve them, then they are free to avoid opening businesses which are open to the "public". In the event they do open their business to the public, then public accommodation laws should be respected as set out in the Bible.

"Bake that fucking cake, peasant"

Actually, the way the SCOTUS ruled, it was make that fucking BBQ, peasant. Stop blaming gays for PA laws.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/a-barbecue-case-that-helped-the-cause-of-civil-rights/2016/08/01/cc5edcd8-5203-11e6-b7de-dfe509430c39_story.html?utm_term=.b8b1d3b03fb5&noredirect=on

An actual public accommodation, i.e. point sales, not a contracted service.

Sorry, but the current in vogue definition of a PA being any times money changes hands is wrong.

Again, nothing but your opinion with no legal backing.

Again, you being left to argue the how and not the why.

"It's the way it is because it's the way it is" is not a compelling argument.

Of course they won't. They are a bunch of hypocrites.

Only god can judge that.
That's never stopped any of you hypocrites from judging the Clintons and Obama.

Criticism and judgement are two different things.
Horseshit, hypocrite. You have some balls pretending you have not sat in judgement of the Clintons and Obama.

Only god can judge that.

Horseshit, hypocrite.

That you can't see that just shows how far down the TDS hole you have gone.

A business is not a citizen and does not have religious rights
If it wants to close on Sunday or any other day, they are entitled. If they want to discriminate they must follow the law

A person still retains constitutional rights even if they want to sell something. Nice strawman attempt, but fail.

So Churches can be forced to perform Same sex wedding ceremonies?
A church is not a business knucklehead

A person can hate any group he wants. But once he opens a business, that BUSINESS must comply with local laws

Too bad you put up “blacks only” signs in their place and forfeited the debate....
Wow, what a stupid comment. I understand you want to defend your racism & bigotry but really, you have to do better than that.

The Republicans could not find someone who was not a mass adulterer who lies every time he opens his mouth and defrauds seniors of their retirement nest eggs and worships a KGB thug.

They could not find an honest, decent man who is also against abortion anywhere in the whoooooooooooooole party!

They had a primary, he won the primary.

Only the Democrats feel the need to rig their primary, but I have a feeling the RINO's and Never Trumpers wish they had rigged the Republican one.

Describe, in detail, how the Democratic primary was “rigged”.

Only god can judge that.

Horseshit, hypocrite.

Fuck you, hypocrite. Don't pretend you have not judged the Clintons and Obama.

Karma is bitch slapping you hypocrites every day, and boy is it fun to watch.

Trump is the most judgmental asshole of all. And karma is bitch slapping him around every day, too.

Good stuff.

The Republicans could not find someone who was not a mass adulterer who lies every time he opens his mouth and defrauds seniors of their retirement nest eggs and worships a KGB thug.

They could not find an honest, decent man who is also against abortion anywhere in the whoooooooooooooole party!

They had a primary, he won the primary.

Only the Democrats feel the need to rig their primary, but I have a feeling the RINO's and Never Trumpers wish they had rigged the Republican one.

Describe, in detail, how the Democratic primary was “rigged”.

Superdelegates.

Only god can judge that.

Horseshit, hypocrite.

Fuck you, hypocrite. Don't pretend you have not judged the Clintons and Obama.

Karma is bitch slapping you hypocrites every day, and boy is it fun to watch.

Find a post where you think I judge as opposed to criticise.

For you maybe, but as per the 1st amendment, that's up to the individual, or the individual churches/mosques/synagogues/temples/backyard santeria shrines to decide.

Just imagine the impact they could make if they actually followed their sacred text instead of taking the worldly way out.

Just imagine the impact you could make if you bothered to understand beliefs you don't share before pompously attempting to instruct believers about how they should practice them.

Oh, wait. This is you we're talking about, so your impact is always going to be zero.

Forum List

Back