Religious conservatives will never abandon Trump

Not a PA. This is a contracted service. Any other Point of sale cake they could have, just not that one.

That's nice, Marty... Now all you have to do is get yourself elected to the State Legislatures of Colorado and Oregon and convince all those hippies to see it your way.

Problem is, this has been litigated. It didn't work for the Wifebeater in Oregon, and the only reason the bigot in Colorado dodged a bullet is because one of the commissioners let his contempt for sky fairies slip in his comments.

The laws as written are unconstitutional when applied to free exercise under strict scrutiny, and even if found to be against free exercise, are not being handled in the least invasive method.

again, by your logic, we might as well throw out the murder laws. Hey, your homicide law is totally interfering with my devout worship of Quetzalcoatl, so when I cut out my ex-boss's heart with a obsidian dagger, you really can't say anything about it because I was in a valid fear of drowning in the rivers of blood in Micatlan.

images

"Stop harshing my First Amendment Mellow!!"

we need a Dem nominee who will prosecute the case against Trump's policies

There’s a lot of evidence ... about how he has misled and really not done well by the American people. You can look at everything from his trade policy by tweet, to passing a tax bill that benefits the biggest corporations and the top 1 percent. You can look at a policy that’s been about separating children from their parents. You can look at it in terms of the case of what’s clearly an obstruction of justice. You can look at creating a ban on who can enter the country based on the god they worship. Just across the board, there are so many issues that are ripe for prosecution, frankly

Not a PA. This is a contracted service. Any other Point of sale cake they could have, just not that one.

That's nice, Marty... Now all you have to do is get yourself elected to the State Legislatures of Colorado and Oregon and convince all those hippies to see it your way.

Problem is, this has been litigated. It didn't work for the Wifebeater in Oregon, and the only reason the bigot in Colorado dodged a bullet is because one of the commissioners let his contempt for sky fairies slip in his comments.

It's been litigated a bit so far, but it hasn't been completely litigated.

Wrong is wrong, just like plessey was wrong.

But if you have to hide behind 'fuh fuh fuh get elected, fuh fuh fuh" then we all know who is winning this argument.

The laws as written are unconstitutional when applied to free exercise under strict scrutiny, and even if found to be against free exercise, are not being handled in the least invasive method.

again, by your logic, we might as well throw out the murder laws. Hey, your homicide law is totally interfering with my devout worship of Quetzalcoatl, so when I cut out my ex-boss's heart with a obsidian dagger, you really can't say anything about it because I was in a valid fear of drowning in the rivers of blood in Micatlan.

images

"Stop harshing my First Amendment Mellow!!"

Argumentum ad absurdum. "All or nothing" is a poor defense, and shows the weakness of your argument.

It's been litigated a bit so far, but it hasn't been completely litigated.

Wrong is wrong, just like plessey was wrong.

But if you have to hide behind 'fuh fuh fuh get elected, fuh fuh fuh" then we all know who is winning this argument.

Um, yeah, it's not you.

The thing is, even the Knuckle Draggers on SCOTUS won't get behind a "You can ignore any laws if you can make up a bullshit religious excuse". Once you've extended it to business owners. then you have to extend it to employees as well.

upload_2019-5-17_16-38-49.jpeg

Forum List

Back