Religious Freedom Reestablished!

Fox "News" is a self confessed entertainment channel that admitted in court that it lies to it's viewers. It has zero credibility.

How about I prove that your risible link, "February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States" is a lie?

If I prove same, as I can, how about you change your handle to the far more appropriate "Nit Wit."

Deal?

Say the word, NW.....ready when you are.

Genuine "news" organizations ALWAYS provide retractions whenever they are wrong about something. It is how they retain their credibility. Fox "news" has been repeatedly shown to have broadcast fabrications and does not provide retractions.

Fox "news" even admits on it's own website that it is for ENTERTAINMENT.

Terms of Use | Fox News

Description of FOX News Services and Acceptance of Terms of Use

Welcome to this Fox News Network, L.L.C. Site, which is owned and operated by Fox News Network, L.L.C. ("FOX News" or "we"). The services offered by FOX News include foxnews.com, foxbusiness.com, foxnation.com, foxnews.mobi, m.foxbusiness.com, the FOX News iPhone application, the FOX Business iPhone application, and any FOX News - branded URL, WAP site and mobile application (collectively, the "Site"), FOX News messaging services, video services, RSS feeds, podcasting services, mobile services, and any other feature, content, or applications offered from time to time by FOX News in connection with FOX News' business (collectively, the "FOX News Services"). FOX News is based in the United States and the FOX News Services are hosted in the United States. FOX News is a part of the United States based operations of News Corporation.

FOX News furnishes the Site and the FOX News Services for your personal enjoyment and entertainment.
Now post whatever makes you happy. It won't change the FACTS about what Fox "news" really is one iota.

All they need to do to be genuine is supply retractions?

Yes Roger, Fox News Has Retracted False Stories - John Hudson - The Atlantic Wire

[

"Thomas Jefferson. Who raped the shit out of sally Hemmings. For years."

Proof?

Actually there is none.

This is from the JEFFERSON HISTORICAL MUSEUM AT MONTICELLO.

Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings: A Brief Account « Thomas Jefferson?s Monticello

The claim that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with Sally Hemings, a slave at Monticello, entered the public arena during Jefferson's first term as president, and it has remained a subject of discussion and disagreement for two centuries. Based on documentary, scientific, statistical, and oral history evidence, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation (TJF) Research Committee Report on Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings (January 2000) remains the most comprehensive analysis of this historical topic. Ten years later, TJF and most historians believe that, years after his wife’s death, Thomas Jefferson was the father of the six children of Sally Hemings mentioned in Jefferson's records, including Beverly, Harriet, Madison, and Eston Hemings.

he did the deed with her.

[
Would you like another opportunity to answer the question?

'Bet you feel like a dunce, don't you.'

Only for trying to treat you like you have a fucking brain. Unfortunately, I think you are capable of thought, in a disjointed way. You just listen to too much funditarded conservative crap.

I can sympathize. For years I tried to rationalize, justify or apologize for the GOP, no matter how bad they fucked things up. After the 2008 Crash, I was done.

Yes. Thomas Jefferson. Who raped the shit out of sally Hemmings. For years.

I don't think that is a fair characterization

Chronology - The Memoirs Of Madison Hemings (1873) | Jefferson's Blood | FRONTLINE | PBS

I suspect that history may well judge our present generation for its many peculiar institutions, that we all may be considered accomplices to, for our failure to extinguish them promptly.

I think it's completely fair. She was property. There was not a scenario where she could say, "Not tonight, Honey, I have a headache." She couldn't go off and see other people.

Now, if you want to argue that, being the house slave was better than being a field slave, yeah, I guess there's that. "House Negro" is still one of the worst insults blacks fling at each other.

Yes. Thomas Jefferson. Who raped the shit out of sally Hemmings. For years.

I don't think that is a fair characterization

Chronology - The Memoirs Of Madison Hemings (1873) | Jefferson's Blood | FRONTLINE | PBS

I suspect that history may well judge our present generation for its many peculiar institutions, that we all may be considered accomplices to, for our failure to extinguish them promptly.

I think it's completely fair. She was property. There was not a scenario where she could say, "Not tonight, Honey, I have a headache." She couldn't go off and see other people.

Now, if you want to argue that, being the house slave was better than being a field slave, yeah, I guess there's that. "House Negro" is still one of the worst insults blacks fling at each other.

Well--at least according to the Hemmings family tradition (which could presumably be candy-coated, but we can't be sure)--it seems that in France where the first pregnancy was conceived she was as free as any other domestic servant, and served the rest of his days doing the chores often expected of the wives of the lower classes. This may not meet our present standards of fairness, but neither would most relationships of the day.

Got to disagree, Agit8r. Still, a lot more sensible than anything Bizarro Girl has brought to the table.

Regardless, Jefferson had the right idea about religion in schools:

Instead... of putting the Bible and Testament into the hands of the children at an age when their judgments are not sufficiently matured for religious inquiries, their memories may here be stored with the most useful facts"
-- Thomas Jefferson; from 'Notes on Virginia' Query XIV

[

"Thomas Jefferson. Who raped the shit out of sally Hemmings. For years."

Proof?

Actually there is none.

This is from the JEFFERSON HISTORICAL MUSEUM AT MONTICELLO.

Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings: A Brief Account « Thomas Jefferson?s Monticello

The claim that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with Sally Hemings, a slave at Monticello, entered the public arena during Jefferson's first term as president, and it has remained a subject of discussion and disagreement for two centuries. Based on documentary, scientific, statistical, and oral history evidence, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation (TJF) Research Committee Report on Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings (January 2000) remains the most comprehensive analysis of this historical topic. Ten years later, TJF and most historians believe that, years after his wife’s death, Thomas Jefferson was the father of the six children of Sally Hemings mentioned in Jefferson's records, including Beverly, Harriet, Madison, and Eston Hemings.

he did the deed with her.

[
Would you like another opportunity to answer the question?

'Bet you feel like a dunce, don't you.'

Only for trying to treat you like you have a fucking brain. Unfortunately, I think you are capable of thought, in a disjointed way. You just listen to too much funditarded conservative crap.

I can sympathize. For years I tried to rationalize, justify or apologize for the GOP, no matter how bad they fucked things up. After the 2008 Crash, I was done.

You are a simpleton...

"...most historians believe...." means that they have no evidence to prove it.

Got to disagree, Agit8r. Still, a lot more sensible than anything Bizarro Girl has brought to the table.

You know very well that the usual pattern applied here:

You bloviate.

I refute....

You blow hot air.

Isn't it interesting that I provide more of your education than that fake degree you claim to have?

[

1. The only fairy tale on display is this one: "why do you guys need to insert your fairy stories into schools."

2. And as for this burnishing your title, 'Erroneous Joe,' if religious folk had the time and depth and propagandization by the media and celebrities, i.e., "For equal time, are the Atheists...blah, blah, blah...."

...I, for one would be more than satisfied.

And where are they doing that? Which big time celebrity is out there "propagandizing" atheism?

If anything, the Media accommedates the religious nuts too much. Never in December have I seen the "Jesus was a Fake" Christmas special. In fact, we get the oppossite, the whole "Let's do a Disneyfied version of the Bible". (Because, the ACTUAL stories in the Bible are so horrible that they'd probably create more atheists if they are played straight.).

What I'd like to see. A bible stories TV show that actually dramatized some of the real horrible stories in the Bible.

I'd love to see them spin Judges 11. You know, the one where Jephthah butchered his virgin daughter as a burnt offering to the Sky Pixie because he made a foolish vow.

Secularization by you Leftists is an affront to our history, and our Founders.

“52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” David Limbaugh

Again, I don't look to Founding Slave Rapists for guidence on anything practical, and not sure why you are. I'm guessing you don't go out for a bleeding when you get sick like Geo. Washington did.

"....Which big time celebrity is out there "propagandizing" atheism?"

"Kanye West & God: Rapper Credits A Higher Power In 'Yeezus'
The official tracklisting on the iTunes store lists the third track on "Yeezus" as "I Am a God (feat. God)."
Kanye West & God: Rapper Credits A Higher Power In 'Yeezus'

The Framers as rapists…

Given the idiocy of the OP this thread has progressed to an appropriate place.

Depends largely upon the context.

Did Sally Hemmings have the right to refuse the advances of Jefferson? If the nature of her servitude was such that she did not have said right then it is possible to argue that even "consensual" intercourse under that circumstances is coercive.

The is no doubt that rape was probably a means by which slave owners asserted their "property rights" during that era. However that does not mean that every instance was forcible rape for the purpose of oppression.

However not all slaveowners were the same. The actual relationship between Jefferson and Hemmings is not well known probably because it would have been scandalous for Jefferson to have treated Hemmings as his spouse.

The term rape might apply in a purely legalistic sense given the owner/slave relationship but the actual relationship might have been something else entirely.

Did you miss post #94, little fella?

Or is this an admission that your charge about Fox was the expression of a bubblebutt?

You are going to have to do a whole lot better than just flinging a post number around. Either you prove that Hemmings had the right to refuse sex or you admit that you are wrong. Your choice.

You bloviate.

I refute....

You blow hot air.

Isn't it interesting that I provide more of your education than that fake degree you claim to have?

If that is what PC considers to be her "education" then she deserves a full refund.

Depends largely upon the context.

Did Sally Hemmings have the right to refuse the advances of Jefferson? If the nature of her servitude was such that she did not have said right then it is possible to argue that even "consensual" intercourse under that circumstances is coercive.

The is no doubt that rape was probably a means by which slave owners asserted their "property rights" during that era. However that does not mean that every instance was forcible rape for the purpose of oppression.

However not all slaveowners were the same. The actual relationship between Jefferson and Hemmings is not well known probably because it would have been scandalous for Jefferson to have treated Hemmings as his spouse.

The term rape might apply in a purely legalistic sense given the owner/slave relationship but the actual relationship might have been something else entirely.

Did you miss post #94, little fella?

Or is this an admission that your charge about Fox was the expression of a bubblebutt?

You are going to have to do a whole lot better than just flinging a post number around. Either you prove that Hemmings had the right to refuse sex or you admit that you are wrong. Your choice.

So....you have completely retracted your contention that Fox News claimed it had the right to lie?

Good job.

You bloviate.

I refute....

You blow hot air.

If that is what PC considers to be her "education" then she deserves a full refund.

Knocked you out of the park, didn't it.

The is no evidence of Jefferson having children with Hemmings.

I said so, and so did "Nature" magazine.

[

Mine came from a place where they don't teach about talking snakes in Science Class, so there's that.

Other than that, you repeat whatever right wing, rah-rah, USA, shit you heard with no critical thinking at all.

There's a lot in our history to be proud of, and a lot to be ashamed of.

[

I don't consider PC a bad person. Maybe it's just my thing for Asian chicks.

She's just been told a lot of horseshit over the years, and tries to fit the facts around her worldview, opposed to the other way around.

I can kind of sympathize. Until about six years ago, I was as RW as she was. Most people who know me were SHOCKED to find out I voted for Obama last year. So I kind of understand the RW brainwashing.

[

She's just been told a lot of horseshit over the years, and tries to fit the facts around her worldview, opposed to the other way around.

I can kind of sympathize. Until about six years ago, I was as RW as she was. Most people who know me were SHOCKED to find out I voted for Obama last year. So I kind of understand the RW brainwashing.

Would you consider someone that claimed to have a degree in history, yet who spends his time denying actual history, to be full of shit, or a lying sack of shit?

[

Actually she is one of the more pleasant RWers in this forum. But since she has a habit of posting snarky comments about education it doesn't hurt to return the favor once in a while. ;)

As far as RW brainwashing goes some of them probably only needed a dunk and rinse although PC doesn't fit into that category.

There appears to be a shift on the right that you represent. The RW extremism is unpalatable so you prefer a more moderate approach. Coming from the moderate left myself I see people like you as being the political future for this nation. The democratic process is about consensus and compromise. The extremes are making a lot of noise but are largely ineffective at everything but obstruction. Eventually this nation is going to need to start remedying the damage caused by neglect in Congress. At that point the (Tea) party is going to be over and the adults will get back to work.

You bloviate.

I refute....

You blow hot air.

Knocked you out of the park, didn't it.

The is no evidence of Jefferson having children with Hemmings.

I said so, and so did "Nature" magazine.

Kindly refrain from imposing your own educational shortcomings on others. Thank you.

[

You are a simpleton...

"...most historians believe...." means that they have no evidence to prove it.

Quite right.

Belief does not equal evidence.

So why do you keep trying to impose your religion on people when it is based on no evidence, but only BELIEF.

Daily vocabulary lesson:

im·pose
/imˈpōz/
Verb
Force (something unwelcome or unfamiliar) to be accepted or put in place: "the decision was theirs and was not imposed on them".
Forcibly put (a restriction) in place: "sanctions imposed".

Try to use it correctly in the future.

Forum List

Back