Religious Freedom Reestablished!

Of course, cutout cardboard Bush was probably smarter than the genuine article.

So....you want to speak of who is smarter?

Clearly....not you.....you support the 'smart guy' who won't release the records that would indicate same.

"In politics, policies matter, not technical interpretations of esoteric material; the usual purpose or functionality of high IQ smarts. He attended Occidental/Columbia undergrad and Harvard Law. Bush attended Yale undergrad and Harvard Business School. Bush released his grades and SAT scores (1206 on Verbal and Math--pre-1974--like 1300 today) as did his opponents, Kerry and Gore. Using the "Otis Gamma and Scholastic Aptitude" score, one can infer Bush's IQ to be 130. This places him in about the top 2-3% in the country. This is higher than John Kerry and lower than Al Gore. The latter was a massive underachiever in college.

We do not know Obama's SAT, LSAT, or GPA scores because he won't release them. His Columbia GPA was estimated by the WSJ to be between 1.8 and 3.0 (C- to B) because he did not graduate with honors. He was at the bottom 15% in Occidental. He was in the top 10% at Harvard Law because he graduated "magna cum laude". So we assume he is smart, but how he got into Harvard with that record is peculiar. In any event, he will not release his records. But Beschloss calls him the smartest president ever. That just tells me that Beschloss is the dumbest historian ever. Does this matter? Not his scores. But what does not releasing his academic records tell you about his personality?"
Law of the Bad Premise: Obama's Rocky Mountain High IQ

Somehow....dunces proclaim how smart he is....even though he hides all his records.

Right, genius?

Clearly....not you.....you support the 'smart guy' who won't release the records that would indicate same.

Somehow....dunces proclaim how smart he is....even though he hides all his records.

Right, genius?

Bush couldn't speak a whole sentence without flubbing it. Not to mention getting us into a war over a lie.

And here's the thing. I voted for that idiot. Twice. Because I really thought he was a decent guy as opposed to Clinton cheating on his wife and lying about it.

You know, here's the thing. Under Clinton, my salary increased by 40% and when I got sick of a job's bullshit, I could get a better one.

But that Bush, he sure was moral and stuff...

Incidently, I don't think Obama is brilliant. I think he's a better president than Bush. He got the car out of the ditch. He's better than the weird Mormon Robot would have been.

Not the point, really. The point is, you are always going to have people who are going to do the occassionally silly thing if allowed to.

You know very well it is the point.

Private schools can do it....

...but folks like you huff and puff if a public school teacher mentions religion.

You probably wear a hazmat suit to church picnics.

Right, genius?

Bush couldn't speak a whole sentence without flubbing it. Not to mention getting us into a war over a lie.

And here's the thing. I voted for that idiot. Twice. Because I really thought he was a decent guy as opposed to Clinton cheating on his wife and lying about it.

You know, here's the thing. Under Clinton, my salary increased by 40% and when I got sick of a job's bullshit, I could get a better one.

Incidently, I don't think Obama is brilliant. I think he's a better president than Bush. He got the car out of the ditch. He's better than the weird Mormon Robot would have been.

So....when do you get out of the 'nervous hospital'?

Not the point, really. The point is, you are always going to have people who are going to do the occassionally silly thing if allowed to.

...but folks like you huff and puff if a public school teacher mentions religion.

I guess nobody told PC that public school teachers are government employees.

Do you have even the slightest clue as to how dumb you sound????

This is why you should apply all three of your neurons to the task of comprehension before you attempt to compose a post.
You have proceeded in the reverse.

1. It was moi who pointed out that government school employees impose their religion...i.e., Leftism, on students.

2. It was Erroneous Joe who tried to match same with some vid of a religious school.

That sound......is that you slapping yourself on the forehead?

Good.

Right, genius?

Changing the subject?

Wise, under the circumstances.

Do you have even the slightest clue as to how dumb you sound????

This is why you should apply all three of your neurons to the task of comprehension before you attempt to compose a post.
You have proceeded in the reverse.

1. It was moi who pointed out that government school employees impose their religion...i.e., Leftism, on students.

2. It was Erroneous Joe who tried to match same with some vid of a religious school.

That sound......is that you slapping yourself on the forehead?

Good.

Since I have never heard of this imaginary "Leftism" religion it is up to you to "educate" me on everything about it. What "holy texts" are studied, what hymns are sung in "praise" and what exactly is being "praised" and "worshiped"? Who are the "high priests" and which schools of "divinity" teach this "Leftism" religion?

But most importantly of all, my dear PC, you must explain how this "Leftism religion" has managed to defy the 1st amendment and be "preached" inside of public schools.

Once you have laid out all of your "factoids" you can take them to Fox "news" and have them run a "expose" on this "Leftism religion" of yours. You will be a national hero for "defending" the Constitution against this heretofore unknown "threat" to our "freedoms".

We will all be holding our breath to see what revelations are about to made right here on the USMB. :cool:

Believe me, I would love to prepare kids for the fact religion exists.

I would have a whole course teaching people how religion has lead to Jihads, Crusades, Inquisitions, Witch-Burnings, the molestation of Altar Boys, Magadlene Houses for Girls, Female Genital Mutilation and every other evil, stupid thing people have done trying to please their Imaginary Sky Pixie.

Oh, yeah, and Merry Fucking Christmas, you slack-jaws.

You want to prepare kids for the fact that religion exists by lying to them?

Why am I not surprised?

It doesn't just worry me that private schools are keeping kids ignorant about evolution, it's that PUBLIC schools aren't teaching it. The biggest problem is that textbooks are written for the market in Texas. You know, people so fucking stupid they put George W. BUsh AND Rick Perry in the governor's mansion. So not surprising, when writing for these slack-jawed, inbred idiots, we wouldn't want to offend them with the notion that the universe can exist without their magic Sky Man.

How are public schools supposed to teach evolution? It takes years of biology to understand the fundamentals of evolution, one of the first things you learn if you take courses at the college level is that everything they told you in public schools is just as wrong as Intelligent Design. I think it would make more sense to simply tell them that evolution, like relativity, is way beyond their ability to understand, and leave it at that.

The result, American kids are way behind their Asian and European counterparts.

I think it is more a product of idiots who think they understand evolution insisting that their misconceptions about it be taught in public schools, but I tend to question the need to teach kids lies in the name of science a lot more than most people who think they understand science.

By the way, can you explain why public schools lie to you about how many tenses there are in English? Wouldn't it make more sense to explain it accurately?

[

Many teachers, unfortunately, do 'impose' their religion:

School Children Taught to Praise Obama - YouTube

Boy, that tape made you guys crazy, didn't it?

NO sillier than this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg"]Jesus Camp Extract Praise Bush - YouTube[/ame]

That is silly, but it isn't praising Bush, is it? Not that your relationship with reality is going to get any better simply because I point out the obvious.

Wouldn't know. I don't go to church picnics or have anything to do with churches unless a relative is getting dipped, buried or married.

And yes, I do huff and puff because I don't want you guys sneaking your indoctrination into the schools.

Which of course, has nothing to do with a teacher who was a little too enthusastic about Obama getting elected.

[

How are public schools supposed to teach evolution? It takes years of biology to understand the fundamentals of evolution, one of the first things you learn if you take courses at the college level is that everything they told you in public schools is just as wrong as Intelligent Design. I think it would make more sense to simply tell them that evolution, like relativity, is way beyond their ability to understand, and leave it at that.

?

Actually, the only thing beyond your ability to understand is the instructions your doctor put on your anti-Crazy Pills....

Right, genius?

So you are admitting you don't have a counter argument, then?

Frankly, we had it pretty good under clinton if the only thing we had to worry about was whether the president was getting a blow job from an intern.

Under Bush, we had to worry about recessions and stock market crashes and terrorist attacks and wars that made the world hate us because we lied about why we were fighting them.

But Bush was "Moral".

Because lying about going to war is more moral than lying about sex.

I'm for bringing back the Mayan and Aztec religions so that we can freely sacrifice humans and rip out their hearts. I won't discriminate against any worshippers.

[

?

Actually, the only thing beyond your ability to understand is the instructions your doctor put on your anti-Crazy Pills....

Are you admitting I know more about evolution than you?

So you are admitting you don't have a counter argument, then?

Somebody calling you crazy is a lack of knowledge, you doing the same thing is the height of intelligent debate.

Those who respect the Constitution understand the meaning of the Free Exercise Clause, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.."
Governor Perry of Texas certainly does...

1. "Texas Gov. Rick Perry signs ‘Merry Christmas bill’ into law

2.Schools will now be able to display religious symbols as long as at least one secular or other religion’s symbol is also displayed.

3. ....allows schools to display religious symbols such as nativity scenes and Christmas trees ...

4. In addition, the new law allows staff members and students at the state’s public schools to exchange traditional holiday greetings, such as “Merry Christmas,” “Happy Hanukkah” and “happy holidays” without fear of reprisal.

5. ....I'm proud that we're standing up for religious freedom in this state,” Perry said at a “Religious freedom does not mean freedom from religion.”

6. “We will be monitoring this very closely,” Tom Hargins, director of communications for the ACLU of Texas, told the Daily News.

7. In May, a Texas judge ruled that the cheerleaders could continue to display signs at football games emblazoned with Bible verses.

8. Perry cited the case as “an example of the pressure on our public schools in particular to push down any reflections of religious thought or words,”..."
Texas Gov. Rick Perry signs ?Merry Christmas bill? into law - NY Daily News

Can I get an "Amen"!!!

Uhhnnno, you can't, not from me. Rick Perry is moron, and opportunist signings of bills of highly questionable constitutionality to street-cred his appearance at a Ralph Reed orgy just don't impress me for some reason.

And I don't think the guy who can't tell Libya from Lebanon could tell the Constitution from his morning constitutional.

Forum List

Back