Religious Freedom Reestablished!

Those who respect the Constitution understand the meaning of the Free Exercise Clause, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.."
Governor Perry of Texas certainly does...

1. "Texas Gov. Rick Perry signs ‘Merry Christmas bill’ into law

2.Schools will now be able to display religious symbols as long as at least one secular or other religion’s symbol is also displayed.

3. ....allows schools to display religious symbols such as nativity scenes and Christmas trees ...

4. In addition, the new law allows staff members and students at the state’s public schools to exchange traditional holiday greetings, such as “Merry Christmas,” “Happy Hanukkah” and “happy holidays” without fear of reprisal.

5. ....I'm proud that we're standing up for religious freedom in this state,” Perry said at a “Religious freedom does not mean freedom from religion.”

6. “We will be monitoring this very closely,” Tom Hargins, director of communications for the ACLU of Texas, told the Daily News.

7. In May, a Texas judge ruled that the cheerleaders could continue to display signs at football games emblazoned with Bible verses.

8. Perry cited the case as “an example of the pressure on our public schools in particular to push down any reflections of religious thought or words,”..."
Texas Gov. Rick Perry signs ?Merry Christmas bill? into law - NY Daily News

Can I get an "Amen"!!!

Uhhnnno, you can't, not from me. Rick Perry is moron, and opportunist signings of bills of highly questionable constitutionality to street-cred his appearance at a Ralph Reed orgy just don't impress me for some reason.

And I don't think the guy who can't tell Libya from Lebanon could tell the Constitution from his morning constitutional.

Or perhaps worse…

Signing into law a bill that is likely Constitutional, and consequently unnecessary, legally moot and pointless, and purely partisan.

[

How are public schools supposed to teach evolution? It takes years of biology to understand the fundamentals of evolution, one of the first things you learn if you take courses at the college level is that everything they told you in public schools is just as wrong as Intelligent Design. I think it would make more sense to simply tell them that evolution, like relativity, is way beyond their ability to understand, and leave it at that.

?

Actually, the only thing beyond your ability to understand is the instructions your doctor put on your anti-Crazy Pills....

Are you admitting I know more about evolution than you?

No, I'm admitting you are a crazy person, and need serious medication. I won't even go into your views on evolution. because, honestly, they were sillier than your claim that there was no evidence for Julius Caesar.

So....when do you get out of the 'nervous hospital'?

So you are admitting you don't have a counter argument, then?

Somebody calling you crazy is a lack of knowledge, you doing the same thing is the height of intelligent debate.

Guy, you proved you were crazy when you tried to find my real identity on the internet.

That's where you crossed the line from "asshole on the internet" to "Full-fledged crazy person."

Forum List

Back