Remake "Roots"; But make Toby a white Irish actor. Would it be ok?

Impressive research - thanks! I suppose I could be a nuisance and suggest his mother's roots might have gone back to the Moorish presence in Switzerland, but that would be a stretch.

(But if they did cast Elba as Bond, they probably would throw in something like that.)

There was a similar uproar when Tim Russ was cast as Tuvok in Voyager - lots of fanboys insisting "there's no such thing as a black Vulcan." Well, there is now.

Elba's an excellent actor. The franchise could do worse.
star trek was different....if those "fans" would have read the Novel "Spocks World" 1988 by Diane Duane.....they would have found that there are indeed Vulcans who are black and live in the really hot and dry parts of Vulcan......but James Bond has been a white guy for as long as there has been Bond....on the new Supergirl show coming up on CBS Jimmy Olson somehow went from a red headed freckled guy to a black guy.....if a fictional character has 50+ years of history you dont change the guy into a totally different person,whats the point?.....i feel the producers are just trying to be politically correct,which is bullshit....if you want a black guy than create a different character for the show.....
Its a show. Why do you care if the character was changed? If he started off white why didnt they start him off Black?
so you would not say anything if Blade was suddenly a white guy right?....or if Luke Cage in the upcoming show on Net Flix was now a white guy right?.....and i care because i am a fan of the comics.....there are now plenty of black heros and villains so no need to change anyone's color,and if you want a non white guy to be in the show then create a non white character for the show... dont turn a lilly white red headed guy who has been that way since the 40's into a black guy just to try and be inclusive.....if you want a black character then create one or bring in one from a fellow comic....
If he started off white why didnt they start him off Black?
you do know who Jimmy Olson is and what decade he first appeared right?...

Fake movies dont really concern me at all. When it comes to historical events they should have the person represented correctly. For instance they have portrayed the ancient egyptians as white and have convinced several generations that this is correct.

Since the Jimmy Olson is fictional I dont care what decade he appeared. There were Black people here at that time.
Black people who would not have been hired as reporters - except for a paper with an all-black staff - at the time the character was created.
I know but this is a story about a guy from another planet that is weak in the presence of kryptonite correct? Which is wilder and harder to believe?

in the novel "you only live twice"....Fleming said bond was scottish/swiss....sounds kinda like a white guy to me...
Impressive research - thanks! I suppose I could be a nuisance and suggest his mother's roots might have gone back to the Moorish presence in Switzerland, but that would be a stretch.

(But if they did cast Elba as Bond, they probably would throw in something like that.)

There was a similar uproar when Tim Russ was cast as Tuvok in Voyager - lots of fanboys insisting "there's no such thing as a black Vulcan." Well, there is now.

star trek was different....if those "fans" would have read the Novel "Spocks World" 1988 by Diane Duane.....they would have found that there are indeed Vulcans who are black and live in the really hot and dry parts of Vulcan......but James Bond has been a white guy for as long as there has been Bond....on the new Supergirl show coming up on CBS Jimmy Olson somehow went from a red headed freckled guy to a black guy.....if a fictional character has 50+ years of history you dont change the guy into a totally different person,whats the point?.....i feel the producers are just trying to be politically correct,which is bullshit....if you want a black guy than create a different character for the show.....
Its a show. Why do you care if the character was changed? If he started off white why didnt they start him off Black?
so you would not say anything if Blade was suddenly a white guy right?....or if Luke Cage in the upcoming show on Net Flix was now a white guy right?.....and i care because i am a fan of the comics.....there are now plenty of black heros and villains so no need to change anyone's color,and if you want a non white guy to be in the show then create a non white character for the show... dont turn a lilly white red headed guy who has been that way since the 40's into a black guy just to try and be inclusive.....if you want a black character then create one or bring in one from a fellow comic....

Fake movies dont really concern me at all. When it comes to historical events they should have the person represented correctly. For instance they have portrayed the ancient egyptians as white and have convinced several generations that this is correct.

Since the Jimmy Olson is fictional I dont care what decade he appeared. There were Black people here at that time.
not any major characters in the comics at that time unless they needed a drug addict or a degenerate...im a purest when it comes to comics or movies that have a history with their characters.....there are now hundreds of black characters in the comics,so there is no need to change a characters nationality....and i notice you skipped over the 2 questions i asked you....

Black people who would not have been hired as reporters - except for a paper with an all-black staff - at the time the character was created.
I know but this is a story about a guy from another planet that is weak in the presence of kryptonite correct? Which is wilder and harder to believe?
its a comic Asclepias....they usually are not very believable....but thats one of their main appeal, the far fetched fantasy.........

not any major characters in the comics at that time unless they needed a drug addict or a degenerate...im a purest when it comes to comics or movies that have a history with their characters.....there are now hundreds of black characters in the comics,so there is no need to change a characters nationality....and i notice you skipped over the 2 questions i asked you....
What 2 questions? I only saw one and I explained I didnt care what decade he appeared in. Of course there is a need to change a fictional characters nationality. In the case of superman for example a white man should not be the epitome of what a super man is to a Black child. Why should the picture of a white guy be imprinted on your mind if you arent white? This is where the myth of white jesus came from.

its a comic Asclepias....they usually are not very believable....but thats one of their main appeal, the far fetched fantasy.........
Thats my point exactly. Why not have a Black reporter working for a white owned newspaper?

What 2 questions? I only saw one and I explained I didnt care what decade he appeared in. Of course there is a need to change a fictional characters nationality. In the case of superman for example a white man should not be the epitome of what a super man is to a Black child. Why should the picture of a white guy be imprinted on your mind if you arent white? This is where the myth of white jesus came from.
these 2......so you would not say anything if Blade was suddenly a white guy right?....or if Luke Cage in the upcoming show on Net Flix was now a white guy right?......go ahead and tell me you would not say something.....
In the case of superman for example a white man should not be the epitome of what a super man is to a Black child.
there are more than enough black superheros around today that are great examples for black kids to look up to.....

Thats my point exactly. Why not have a Black reporter working for a white owned newspaper?
then create a new black character for the job....wow that was simple......i would think blacks would rather have an original black character than have some white character made black just for them....whats the point of doing that?....

these 2......so you would not say anything if Blade was suddenly a white guy right?....or if Luke Cage in the upcoming show on Net Flix was now a white guy right?......go ahead and tell me you would not say something.....
In the case of superman for example a white man should not be the epitome of what a super man is to a Black child.
there are more than enough black superheros around today that are great examples for black kids to look up to.....
I did answer that. Fake movies are of no concern to me. I wouldnt really give shit to be honest.

I dont see any movies about Black superheroes. Do you?

then create a new black character for the job....wow that was simple......i would think blacks would rather have an original black character than have some white character made black just for them....whats the point of doing that?....
I'm Black. I think I would have my finger on the pulse of what Black people would want. In the case of this guy they should have just started him off Black. The point is as I said before. You have a major Black super hero as a representative as the ultimate man.

I did answer that. Fake movies are of no concern to me. I wouldnt really give shit to be honest.

you call that answering?....i call it not wanting to answer because then you would be saying the same thing me and many others say about doing that shit..and they usually dont spend millions on movies or TV unless the comic is pretty popular .....
try the Blade trilogy with Wesley Snipes....the first one till this day is one of the best superhero movies made....Snipes has the Blade character down like its actually the character doing the movie...

you call that answering?....i call it not wanting to answer because then you would be saying the same thing me and many others say about doing that shit..and they usually dont spend millions on movies or TV unless the comic is pretty popular .....
try the Blade trilogy with Wesley Snipes....the first one till this day is one of the best superhero movies made....Snipes has the Blade character down like its actually the character doing the movie...
Yes I call that answering. I dont care about fake movies. Why do you think thats not an answer?

I forgot about Blade. Blade is not a pure hero though. He is more of an anti-hero. White people only use whites for the vast majority of real heroes. Thats one of the tenets of the racist system here in the states. You infect the mind of the youth and have them seeing white as right. This needs to change. The lone ranger was a Black man by the name of Bass Reeves. Why was he played by a white guy?

There is a point. 2 of them.

1. To piss people off. Make James Bond black...instead of creating a whole new character. "John Mack" super secret spy blah blah blah who is black. They want to take the already successful white character away...and make him black.

2. Money. A new black character won't sell as much as changing a successful white one.

1. To piss people off. Make James Bond black...instead of creating a whole new character. "John Mack" super secret spy blah blah blah who is black. They want to take the already successful white character away...and make him black.

2. Money. A new black character won't sell as much as changing a successful white one.
Why would you be pissed off over a fictional character? Its fictional. It can be anyone.

White Slaves in America Outnumbered Black Slaves - Bet you didn't know that did you?

More whites were sold into slavery in America than blacks. Were you aware? Especially Irish whites.

I think Hollywood should remake the slave movie "Roots". But cast Toby as a white Irish character. Maybe Conan Obrien could be the lead.

"Whutch-yo name boy?"

"Aeden. Aeden O'Sullivan".

"Nope. Yo name Toby. I say Whutch-yo name boy"

"My name Aeden."

Hmmm. Wonder if the left would accept this as gleefully as the black Annie or black Bond or black Star Wars lead haha!!??
So, are you still pro slavery knowing that a Handful of whites were slaves?

Yes I call that answering. I dont care about fake movies. Why do you think thats not an answer?

I forgot about Blade. Blade is not a pure hero though. He is more of an anti-hero. White people only use whites for the vast majority of real heroes. Thats one of the tenets of the racist system here in the states. You infect the mind of the youth and have them seeing white as right. This needs to change. The lone ranger was a Black man by the name of Bass Reeves. Why was he played by a white guy?
i dont think its an answer because for a guy who doesnt care you sure have a lot to say about blacks playing a white character ....and so you are going to tell me if tomorrow they announced that a lily white actor would be playing Blade or the Black Panther,you would not have something to say?.....yea right,like anyone is going to buy that shit....and as far as the Lone Ranger goes who he was based on is kinda debatable,some say he was based on Texas Ranger Captain John Hughes whom Zane Grey dedicated his novel "The Lone Star Ranger" to when it came out about a century ago.....and some say Bass Reeves, the only guys who would know for sure is the guys who created him, Fran Striker and George Trendle and finding them saying who it was based on is a pretty tough find.....they also created the Green Hornet who was the Lone Rangers great nephew.....

Why would you be pissed off over a fictional character? Its fictional. It can be anyone.
no it cant it already has an established history....and i would think black people would resent making an established white character black,instead of creating a black character who may be a similar type of hero but establishing a black character with his own history and abilities and character...

i dont think its an answer because for a guy who doesnt care you sure have a lot to say about blacks playing a white character ....and so you are going to tell me if tomorrow they announced that a lily white actor would be playing Blade or the Black Panther,you would not have something to say?.....yea right,like anyone is going to buy that shit....and as far as the Lone Ranger goes who he was based on is kinda debatable,some say he was based on Texas Ranger Captain John Hughes whom Zane Grey dedicated his novel "The Lone Star Ranger" to when it came out about a century ago.....and some say Bass Reeves, the only guys who would know for sure is the guys who created him, Fran Striker and George Trendle and finding them saying who it was based on is a pretty tough find.....they also created the Green Hornet who was the Lone Rangers great nephew.....
You dont have to think its an answer. I'm telling you it is. You keep getting confused. Blade is not real. The Black Panthers are real. I could give a shit about Blade being played by a white guy. I would be bothered by a white guy playing a Black Panther. How come you cant understand that simple concept?

no it cant it already has an established history....and i would think black people would resent making an established white character black,instead of creating a black character who may be a similar type of hero but establishing a black character with his own history and abilities and character...
So what it has an established history? History has been changed to portray whites in a positive light so why not do the same for Blacks? Again its fictional. The character can be anything. Just because you dont want it change doesnt mean it cant, won't, or shouldnt be changed.