Remember the outrage over gay wedding cakes? Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake

Should bakers be forced to sell cakes for issues they don't like?

• Yes - unless of course it's a Republican issue.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • They should only be forced to comply with the liberal agenda.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
>

To answer the question: "Shouild bakers be forced to sell cakes for issues they don't like?"

The didn't refuse an issue, they refused customers based on who the customers were. Under State law in 21 places of public accommodation (i.e. for profit businesses) cannot refuse service to customers based on a variety of factors including (varies by state) race, religion, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veterans status and sexual orientation.

Before you make any assumptions I support the repeal of Public Accommodation laws as applied to private business so that owners can refuse service based on any criteria they choose including race, religion, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veterans status and sexual orientation. Let the market determine if they succeed or fail. Along with that though goes the ability of those discriminated against to make such discrimination public.

Per your actical, you would think that the general counsel of the Alliance Defending Freedom would know that sexual orienation was covered under state law, political parties are not covered under State Public Accommodation laws.

"Michael P. Farris is president, CEO and general counsel of the Alliance Defending Freedom, the Christian legal group defending Jack Phillips, a Colorado baker who was sued by a gay couple for declining to make their same-sex wedding cake.

Mr. Farris wondered why bakers are allowed to decline to make birthday cakes supporting Mr. Trump, but not wedding cakes supporting same-sex marriage."

>>>>

No social events of any kind are covered, that would include birthdays and weddings.

>

To answer the question: "Shouild bakers be forced to sell cakes for issues they don't like?"

The didn't refuse an issue, they refused customers based on who the customers were. Under State law in 21 places of public accommodation (i.e. for profit businesses) cannot refuse service to customers based on a variety of factors including (varies by state) race, religion, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veterans status and sexual orientation.

Before you make any assumptions I support the repeal of Public Accommodation laws as applied to private business so that owners can refuse service based on any criteria they choose including race, religion, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veterans status and sexual orientation. Let the market determine if they succeed or fail. Along with that though goes the ability of those discriminated against to make such discrimination public.

Per your actical, you would think that the general counsel of the Alliance Defending Freedom would know that sexual orienation was covered under state law, political parties are not covered under State Public Accommodation laws.

"Michael P. Farris is president, CEO and general counsel of the Alliance Defending Freedom, the Christian legal group defending Jack Phillips, a Colorado baker who was sued by a gay couple for declining to make their same-sex wedding cake.

Mr. Farris wondered why bakers are allowed to decline to make birthday cakes supporting Mr. Trump, but not wedding cakes supporting same-sex marriage."

>>>>

No social events of any kind are covered, that would include birthdays and weddings.

In neither case were "social events" covered. Both bakers voluntarily choose to include birthday cakes and wedding cakes in their offerings for sale. They then refused to sell them based on the customers or the events. If the bakers didn't want to sell wedding cakes, they were free to not include them on their menu of options.

But they did.

(As a matter of fact to preclude contempt of court charges Jack Phillips (Masterpiece Cakes of Colorado) has stopped selling wedding cakes while his case is on appeal. He's been in no trouble with the courts for that decision.)

>>>>

If those bakers bake similar cakes but refused the Trump cake in particular then they probably broke the law.

I doubt it. Political opinions are not covered under Public Accommodation laws.

>>>>

I'd think it would be more along the lines of "you can't compel speech". They can't refuse to make a birthday cake like out of a catalog, you just can't make a baker write a message on it. No?

>

>>>>

In neither case were "social events" covered. Both bakers voluntarily choose to include birthday cakes and wedding cakes in their offerings for sale. They then refused to sell them based on the customers or the events. If the bakers didn't want to sell wedding cakes, they were free to not include them on their menu of options.

But they did.

(As a matter of fact to preclude contempt of court charges Jack Phillips (Masterpiece Cakes of Colorado) has stopped selling wedding cakes while his case is on appeal. He's been in no trouble with the courts for that decision.)

>>>>

Then this baker should be required to stop selling birthday cakes and payed equivalent damages to what the faghadist have gotten.

>

>>>>

So you think that DJ's that do weddings have the right to only do wedding between white people?

>

>>>>

So you think that DJ's that do weddings have the right to only do wedding between white people?

Yes. I also believe that a DJ that does weddings has the right to only do weddings between blacks, faggots, or any other situation of his/her choosing.

If a baker can refuse to do a cake because he/she doesn't like the theme of the cake, a baker should be able to refuse to do one for two homos.

If I were the customer, I would simply take my business elsewhere and go on with my life.

So would most of us.

But we all should have the option of being able to get redress for wrongs as well.

The Wifebeater in Oregon who decided to rant homophobic screeds at his customer and her mom was in violation of the laws of Oregon. He was informed that he broke the law, and then he doubled down by orchestrating a campaign of harrassment against the family of the customer who complained.

THAT'S why he got hit with a fine. Not that it matters, he's having the time of his life speaking to groups of inbred Christians instead of working at his wife's now closed bakery.

The baker should bake the cake.

I doubt that Political Inclination is a "protected class" and therefore is (quite possibly) non-actionable, however, on second thought...

TrumbBot-ism is a mental disorder, and may be covered under other public services -related statutory law...

Pity, the child has been infected with his parents' disease, but, regardless of how that unfortunate state of affairs came to pass, with respect to the cake...

Better safe than sorry...

The baker should bake the cake.

>

>>>>

Yes. I also believe that a DJ that does weddings has the right to only do weddings between blacks, faggots, or any other situation of his/her choosing.

If a baker can refuse to do a cake because he/she doesn't like the theme of the cake, a baker should be able to refuse to do one for two homos.

There is no law that defines what themes can be required or not required for cake decoration. If I am mistaken, then please state the law that regulates themes. There is a law that you can't refuse to bake a cake for someone based on their sexual orientation.

>

>>>>

There is no law that defines what themes can be required or not required for cake decoration. If I am mistaken, then please state the law that regulates themes. There is a law that you can't refuse to bake a cake for someone based on their sexual orientation.

Refusing to bake a cake is refusing to bake a cake.

>

>>>>

Refusing to bake a cake is refusing to bake a cake.

Can't slip anything past you. Refusing to bake a cake based on the customer's sexual orientation is breaking the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back