Remember the outrage over gay wedding cakes? Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake

Should bakers be forced to sell cakes for issues they don't like?

• Yes - unless of course it's a Republican issue.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • They should only be forced to comply with the liberal agenda.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake for 9-year-old boy: Report

and?

I'm pretty sure trump freaks aren't a protected class.

Why shouldn't they be?

The protected class concept was born of actual economic and political discrimination due to Jim Crow laws in Southern States after the Redeemers came to power. It was a sledgehammer solution to a specific problem.

What progressives did is take that solution and applied to to any group of people they think are disadvantaged, regardless of the actual economic and political harm being done to them. This is patently wrong and unfair.

You are free to try to have the law changed. I doubt you can do that by sitting behind that keyboard.

As usual deflecting with the "do something" cop out when you don't have an actual point to argue.

I dont think "political affiliation" is covered in state PA laws. Of course, there shouldnt be any and ANYONE should be able to get denied service at any time.

they have the right to free speech like anyone else... no matter how stupid.

and no... you can't get denied service for race, religion, gender or

they also can't be denied service for being a republican or a democrat or whatever else they are.

however, no one has to make a trump hat cake for any reason.

that said, I'd hike the price and be happy to make it for them. who gives a damn? you run a business, do business.

just saying.

and?

Why shouldn't they be?

The protected class concept was born of actual economic and political discrimination due to Jim Crow laws in Southern States after the Redeemers came to power. It was a sledgehammer solution to a specific problem.

What progressives did is take that solution and applied to to any group of people they think are disadvantaged, regardless of the actual economic and political harm being done to them. This is patently wrong and unfair.

You are free to try to have the law changed. I doubt you can do that by sitting behind that keyboard.

he's still bitter that gay people can get married and can't be harassed by homophobes

Show me one post where I have said I am against Same Sex Marriage as a concept. My issue is with the how, not the end result.

and?

Why shouldn't they be?

he's still bitter that gay people can get married and can't be harassed by homophobes
They can still be harassed.
Just as gays feel they have the right to harass us and sue us in court. Get us fired from our jobs because we say something on Twitter they don't like. It's a two-way street.

I dont think "political affiliation" is covered in state PA laws. Of course, there shouldnt be any and ANYONE should be able to get denied service at any time.

they have the right to free speech like anyone else... no matter how stupid.

and no... you can't get denied service for race, religion, gender or

they also can't be denied service for being a republican or a democrat or whatever else they are.

however, no one has to make a trump hat cake for any reason.

that said, I'd hike the price and be happy to make it for them. who gives a damn? you run a business, do business.

just saying.
PA laws are for statists.
The outrage on this is stupid
The outrage on gay cakes is stupid
Respect(or ignore) peoples beliefs and appreciate the right to private property.

So...the mom said she couldn't find ANYONE willing to do it. Can we get that verified, please?
That's not the issue here.
As with the same-sex marriage bakery issue......the plaintiffs knew the bakery was Christian owned and they sued even though they knew of bakeries that would make a cake for them. Instead they chose to force a specific business to go against their religious beliefs.

What a shame. That's just like when all those black people unfairly caused all that trouble for restaurants even though they knew of restaurants that would serve blacks if they would just come to the back door. Instead, they forced specific businesses to go against their deeply held beliefs.
No.... Jim Crow was totally different. By law Blacks were only allowed to use specific bathrooms and go into specific businesses. There is no law that states Trump supporters can be banned from purchasing any goods and services.

Correct. Trump supporters aren't a protected class, even though many of them could qualify under the Americans with Disabilities act. There are certain protections for the mentally challenged.

So...the mom said she couldn't find ANYONE willing to do it. Can we get that verified, please?
As with the same-sex marriage bakery issue......the plaintiffs knew the bakery was Christian owned and they sued even though they knew of bakeries that would make a cake for them. Instead they chose to force a specific business to go against their religious beliefs.

What a shame. That's just like when all those black people unfairly caused all that trouble for restaurants even though they knew of restaurants that would serve blacks if they would just come to the back door. Instead, they forced specific businesses to go against their deeply held beliefs.
No.... Jim Crow was totally different. By law Blacks were only allowed to use specific bathrooms and go into specific businesses. There is no law that states Trump supporters can be banned from purchasing any goods and services.

Correct. Trump supporters aren't a protected class, even though many of them could qualify under the Americans with Disabilities act. There are certain protections for the mentally challenged.
That makes no sense.
Protected classes are a Democrat fallacy.
No class of people should have an advantage over any other because of their age, sex, race, religion, income, political affiliation, or sexual-orientation.

and?

Why shouldn't they be?

As usual deflecting with the "do something" cop out when you don't have an actual point to argue.

Not sure what you expected. You complained that you feel the law is unfair. You can continue to whine about it, or try to have it changed. Whining hasn't worked for you on this so far.

and?

Why shouldn't they be?

Show me one post where I have said I am against Same Sex Marriage as a concept. My issue is with the how, not the end result.

Don't care what your issue is. You are complaining the law is wrong. Whine or change it. I don't see any other options for you.

and?

Why shouldn't they be?

Just as gays feel they have the right to harass us and sue us in court. Get us fired from our jobs because we say something on Twitter they don't like. It's a two-way street.

Sure, but I suggest you be really careful when harassing a protected class. It could turn bad for you really quick.

PA laws are for statists.
The outrage on this is stupid
The outrage on gay cakes is stupid
Respect(or ignore) peoples beliefs and appreciate the right to private property.

Don't bother. Just watch the statist cripple fight and enjoy. lol

That makes no sense.
Protected classes are a Democrat fallacy.
No class of people should have an advantage over any other because of their age, sex, race, religion, income, political affiliation, or sexual-orientation.

Your opinion is noted and laughed at.

and?

Why shouldn't they be?

Sure, but I suggest you be really careful when harassing a protected class. It could turn bad for you really quick.
"protected class" that terminology just screams discrimination.

Why shouldn't they be?

I'm sorry, I didn't hear it say that. I heard it say "I'm the law"

lol asshole.
I understand its the law. Sorry, im just not one for institutional discrimination. Maybe thats more your thing.

lol asshole.
I understand its the law. Sorry, im just not one for institutional discrimination. Maybe thats more your thing.

I'm sorry. Did you think I could change the law? I can't, so the law continues to say you are wrong. You lose.

Well, certainly there are other bakers around, right?

Seek them out, problem solved.

A long time ago, a company came up with a system of letting people bake cakes in their own home, easily.

It still works to this day!

Anyone can be a baker.

hasbro_oven2.jpg

and?

I'm pretty sure that faggots being a protected class make then 2nd class.

I'm sure that you are wrong about a lot of things. That one included.

Not in this case, faggot lover. If you don't have the good sense to choose the opposite sex, you deserve the classification.

faggot lover?

you must be very insecure about the fact that you're gay.

otherwise you wouldn't give a rat's patoot what other people do.

seek help

I'm very secure in knowing that I'm not.

I don't care what other people do until they start demanding what they do is something I should agree with because they choose to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back