Remember when Iran held American citizens hostage?

It was Carter who negotiated their release.

GWHB led the effort to encouraged Khomeini to keep the hostages until after the 1980 election.

After Carter forced GWHB to resign as CIA director, the CIA failed to inform Carter that the Shah had cancer and was going to die.
There was never an effort to keep them hostage until the election.

That garbage is long since proven ficiton

~~~~~~
To paraphrase the former Democrat Governor G. Wallace. from Alabama
Deomracts will always be Racists.. "Segrgation yesterday, Segregation today, Segrgation Forever".
Democrats have gone from Segregation of Blacks and Browns, to Segregation of Whites, Asians , Jews and Christians.
"Miraculously, to me, the people who were in the best position to judge never doubted his sincerity. And upon his death, several blacks with whom he once jousted over the issue of their freedom stepped forward to vouch for the truth of his change. But for what it’s worth, I was always suspicious of Wallace’s great turnabout. One would occasionally see him in those last years–a sickly old man with death breathing down his neck, repenting his segregationist sins. It struck me that here was a guy just trying to get into heaven.

That was, perhaps, small of me. Didn’t allow for the fact that people change. That one is not the same at the end as one was at the beginning.

Still, it strikes me as fitting, somehow, that on one of his final days, Wallace would end up alongside Joanne Bland–terrorized as a child by his state troopers–studying pictures from that day, pictures he could no longer quite comprehend.

I will try not to make too much of it, will struggle to accept that change was possible, even here.

We all work with what we’re given. All try to get to heaven the best way we can."

I was in Basic Training in Great Lakes Il when the hostages were taken.

The US Navy, in it's infinite wisdom, changed our schedules so we could receive training more related to fighting. So the next day we went to the range and fired 5 rounds from a M1911 .45ACP and an M14 .308. Indoor range so it wasn't cold & windy. There were targets at the end of the range, but they were only changed out when they fell apart.

I fired 5 rounds with the .45 and then 5 rounds from the .308. I left the range a US Navy fighting man! lol

I was in Basic Training in Great Lakes Il when the hostages were taken.

The US Navy, in it's infinite wisdom, changed our schedules so we could receive training more related to fighting. So the next day we went to the range and fired 5 rounds from a M1911 .45ACP and an M14 .308. Indoor range so it wasn't cold & windy. There were targets at the end of the range, but they were only changed out when they fell apart.

I fired 5 rounds with the .45 and then 5 rounds from the .308. I left the range a US Navy fighting man! lol
I was in Diego Garcia in late '80. it was a staging area for support troops designated to retrieve the hostages.

It sure is nice to hear how everyone remembers the Iranian hostages, but what of the hostages Hamas has today?

Why are they not worth trying to save by a military operation by Biden?

Democrats have yet to answer that.

It sure is nice to hear how everyone remembers the Iranian hostages, but what of the hostages Hamas has today?

1) Because the military, at the pentagram level where plans and decisions are made, hasn't successfully accomplished anything since the first Iraq war.
2) Bidet isn't as competent as Jimmy Carter.
3) Shit happens

Last edited:

Because they aren't American citizens? It sounds cold, but a nation has to protect it's own first.

Hamas has proven to be incapable of defending their borders or their people. They don’t really have a military like Iran did in the 1980s against Iraq , which was supported by the USA. The USA and Reagan supported Iraq

Israel has killed American citizens before they did it with the USS liberty and recently in a number of cases in the War on Gaza. There was also an incident where the IDF killed about nine Christians hiding in a church in Gaza.

Hamas has no control over Gaza. There is currently Israeli troops doing whatever they want in Gaza. So it’s a much different situation compared to the Iranian hostage situation. there’s a war going on in Gaza. It’s not really a war it’s a one-sided slaughter Israel’s killed about 30,000 Palestinians, most of them civilians.

Oct 7 was very controversial with many people in Israel, Israelis suggesting it was a false flag operation or the IDF gave standdown orders. That that attack occurred to one of the most monitored areas in the world doesn’t make any sense.

Hamas does reportedly have a few hostages compared to the millions of hostages that Israel technically holds …they are doing whatever they want in Gaza. Israel also has Palestinian hostages in their prisons in Israel including kids..

Tucker Carlson did a great job interviewing a Palestinian pastor …about the hypocrisy of American evangelicals who do nothing about the plight of Palestinian Christians against the Israeli onslaught.

The situation in Gaza has way way more to it than a few media talking points about supporting Israel or oct 7.

The USA should not send any money to Israel or Ukraine. We should allow private American citizens to send their money or even fight for these countries.

Last edited:
A recent video showed a Jewish settler killing an unarmed Palestinian at point blank range in cold blood.

There’s many honorable Jews in the IDF, but there are also “terrorists” or criminals in the IDF.

There is humanitarian crisis all over the world. But for whatever reason it doesn’t get coverage by the big-time media. Whether it’s the humanitarian crisis in Haiti. Whether it’s the multiple wars occurring in Africa. All of which sees civilians including at times American citizens caught up in the crossfire.

~~~~~~
To paraphrase the former Democrat Governor G. Wallace. from Alabama
Deomracts will always be Racists.. "Segrgation yesterday, Segregation today, Segrgation Forever".
Democrats have gone from Segregation of Blacks and Browns, to Segregation of Whites, Asians , Jews and Christians.
Ahh the Stephen Miller propaganda....

seriously I didn't think anyone would be that fucking stupid to believe a white guy is a minority...

Does anyone remember the Iranian hostage crisis under Jimmy Carter? The news covered it 24/7, and the inability of Carter to do anything about it, along with the massive inflation, basically took him down politically as a one termer.

Today? Today Iran still has American hostages, via Hamas in Israel. Hamas murdered and tood American hostages and are an appendage of Iran, yet the media ignores it todsay. As for inflation, yea, that's not much better either yet the media and voters seem not to care as they once did.

If the American voter has become incapable of voting for their own welfare, and the welfare of their country, then democracy fails us all.

To Jimmy Carter's credit, he did attempt a rescue effort to free the hostage, which unfortunately failed

But we live in a world today where the DNC literally does not give a damn about American citizens whatsoever to even try that.
I remember those times exactly!

If the American voter has become incapable of voting for their own welfare, and the welfare of their country, then democracy fails us all.

We have, that is why we are stupid enough to allow Trump vs Biden II. There is no vote that is good for the welfare of the country.

Does anyone remember the Iranian hostage crisis under Jimmy Carter? The news covered it 24/7, and the inability of Carter to do anything about it, along with the massive inflation, basically took him down politically as a one termer.

Today? Today Iran still has American hostages, via Hamas in Israel. Hamas murdered and tood American hostages and are an appendage of Iran, yet the media ignores it todsay. As for inflation, yea, that's not much better either yet the media and voters seem not to care as they once did.

To Jimmy Carter's credit, he did attempt a rescue effort to free the hostage, which unfortunately failed

But we live in a world today where the DNC literally does not give a damn about American citizens whatsoever to even try that.
Remember when in 1953 the United States orchestrated a coup in Iran (Operation AJAX) to oust its democratically elected president, Mohammad Mosaddegh, replacing him with a tyrant for 25 long years? The 1979 Islamic revolution of Iran was a direct consequence of US meddling in the political affairs of Iran. It's called "blowback", or perhaps we can call it "KARMA", sowing and reaping. You screw them, they screw you.

Forum List

Back