Reminder: Jimmy Carter banned all Iranians from entering US (Trump is correct ...again)

Seems DemoRATS have a history of these sort of things!

Poor Richards News ^ | 12/08/15 | Poor Richard
This is just a reminder to all the liberal Democrats out there wringing their hands about Donald Trump’s latest comments. from Front Page: During the Iranian hostage crisis, Carter issued a number of orders to put pressure on Iran. Among these, Iranians were banned from entering the United States unless they oppose the Shiite Islamist regime or had a medical emergency. Here’s Jimmy “Hitler” Carter saying it back in 1980. Fourth, the Secretary of Treasury [State] and the Attorney General will invalidate all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States, effective today. We will not...

Iran = Country.

Iranian = Nationality (listed on Passport)

Muslim = a person who follows the religion of Islam, (49 ++countries or 30% of worlds population) **not listed on passport

filepicker%2FsgEhQPYIS5eJCUX7ynid_Apples-and-Oranges.png

You = Pathetic FAILURE.

I like the visuals- and the message.

But this is the absolute first time the country of religious freedom, where people of a specific religion are banned from entering "the Land of the Free"!

so? it is not the first time that the US has imposed barriers to people of this or that origin or this or that affliction from entering the USA-------a kindergarten mosque
education is enough
I know where IRan is on the map and can point to it.
I know where Japan and Germany are on the map and can point to them.

Can anyone show me where "Islam" is on the map and point to it? Whether it is constitutional or not is irrelevant. It is a terrible stupid idea.
Being constitutional is the only relevance involved.

When it comes to immigration, constitutional is what congress says it is.

Gee, three people have started topics about Iranian refugees not being let in by Carter.

Coincidence? Or are they all drinking from the same piss cup? Ya think? What a brainless herd of gnus you Gnu Right tards are.

Reagan let in over 11,000 Iranian refugees, while Iran had terrorist training camps and was blowing up a Marine barracks and two of our embassies and funding Hamas and Hezbollah. That was the largest group of refugees Reagan took in during that period. Iranians. From our number one enemy.

And guess what? Not one of those Iranian refugees from the state sponsor of terror Iran blew any shit up! WOW!!!

I don't know who you quivering cowards are, but you sure as shit aren't Reagan Republicans, and you need to find whatever group of people took in all those pants shitting 70s and 80s liberals, because you have much more in common with them.

Of course, giving your post any validity would require the willful suspension of current reality, name one radical islamic organization that threatened the US home land during Reagan's time. Iran at the time had been moving toward a more secular society and away from the traditional muslim model. Also new technology has given radical organizations recruiting tools they could have never dreamed of during the Reagan administration.
Wow. That's some serious revisionist history you have there.

Iran was a state sponsor of terror. They bombed two embassies, killing dozens. They blew up a Marine barracks in Lebanon. They were funding and supplying Hezbollah and Hamas.

They had terrorist training camps in Iran.

So...yeah. You want terrorism? Iran had it. In spades. Aimed at the West. "The Great Satan". That's where that term originated, you know. Iran was calling the US "the Great Satan".

And Reagan let in more than 11,000 Iranian refugees, pants shitter.

I don't know what you are, but you sure as shit aren't a Reagan Republican.

And how many islamic attacks had occurred in the US at that time?

But this is the absolute first time the country of religious freedom, where people of a specific religion are banned from entering "the Land of the Free"!

so? it is not the first time that the US has imposed barriers to people of this or that origin or this or that affliction from entering the USA-------a kindergarten mosque
education is enough

Can anyone show me where "Islam" is on the map and point to it? Whether it is constitutional or not is irrelevant. It is a terrible stupid idea.

Agreed. And JakeStarkey's comment is his typical stupid and thoughtless.
BUt lots of things constitutional without being good ideas. RomneyCare. Universal Background Checks. Affirmative action (OK thats not constitutional but so what).
And Trump's idea sucks.

education is enough

BUt lots of things constitutional without being good ideas. RomneyCare. Universal Background Checks. Affirmative action (OK thats not constitutional but so what).
And Trump's idea sucks.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but Trump's statement of temporarily suspending immigration for certain countries is not unique, there have been similar calls form both sides of the isle in congress.

We can always count on good caring liberals to come to the defense of everything muslim.

Do they think anyone like me are impressed with any of their utter bullshit?

All of you, with out exception, are losers. Fucking lying, double talking, cocksucking, hypocritical, losers who stand for nothing other than anything that pisses Christians off.

Which is why you worthless assholes would support a piece of art titled piss Christ, but condemn people who draw an image of their fake prophet.

You are losers and the only reason I would piss on you if you were on fire is so I could set you on fire again.

When Carter banned Iranians did the Democrats and the press freak out? I'm beginning to wonder about Trump, its like he's leading these fools into one trap after another he could be smarter than I thought :laugh:

I am beginning to despair of my fellow Americans on the Far Right.

Is it some particular facet of education among the Far Right that they cannot distinguish discriminating against a person- for being Christian, Jewish or Muslim- and discriminating against a person from coming from a country the United States is in conflict with?

The left can't seem to handle more complex problems, they like things boxed into simple black or white choices. The fact is Islamic extremists are not confined to the borders of a particular country, its a more complex problem. You seem to have no issue with broad brushing an entire country like Iran and banning them from the US, because that's simple. I guess just leave the more complex problems to conservatives we'll take care of it.

You can't seem to handle things like admitting that religious discrimination is un-American. Conservatives of your ilk- such as Trump- are okay with violating the Constitution by banning American Muslims from returning to the United States- and banning Muslims who are fleeing our enemies- Islamic extremists- from entering the United States. Conservatives like you continually attempt inflame a religious war between the West and the Muslims of the world- playing right into the hands of ISIS the death cult.

Carter discriminated against ALL religions in Iran did he not? You leftist whenever you are called on your hypocrisy and double standards you try to squirm your way out of it.

education is enough

And Trump's idea sucks.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but Trump's statement of temporarily suspending immigration for certain countries is not unique, there have been similar calls form both sides of the isle in congress.
Its not "certain countries." It's an across the board ban on Muslims.
That means if Google has hired the top programmer from the Imperial School of Engineering that guy is out of luck trying to get here. If a university has a cooperative program with Malaysia fro engineering students. Well, tough shit.
It makes no sense.

And Trump's idea sucks.

That means if Google has hired the top programmer from the Imperial School of Engineering that guy is out of luck trying to get here. If a university has a cooperative program with Malaysia fro engineering students. Well, tough shit.
It makes no sense.

What is it you fail to understand about a temporary suspension? No one is proposing a permanent ban, not even Trump.

And Trump's idea sucks.

It makes no sense.

What is it you fail to understand about a temporary suspension? No one is proposing a permanent ban, not even Trump.

I gave this some thought and I don't see what is wrong with a permanent ban. I don't see why we have to let anyone into the country that we don't want.

And Trump's idea sucks.

It makes no sense.

bullshit------such restrictions on immigration are overcome by NATIONAL NEED -----
If we need this or that scientist or expert----the restriction gets waived

And Trump's idea sucks.

It makes no sense.

What is "temporary"? The cease fire in Korea was temporary. And it's been over 60 years.

And Trump's idea sucks.

It makes no sense.

bullshit------such restrictions on immigration are overcome by NATIONAL NEED -----
Wow. And that will be swift and efficient, right? I can just see the thousands of petitions claiming "national need" going in front of bureaucrats.
This is like using a nuclear bomb to kill a wasps nest.

And Trump's idea sucks.

It makes no sense.

I gave this some thought and I don't see what is wrong with a permanent ban. I don't see why we have to let anyone into the country that we don't want.
You think banning immigration is a great idea?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

This is just a reminder to all the liberal Democrats out there wringing their hands about Donald Trump’s latest comments. from Front Page: During the Iranian hostage crisis, Carter issued a number of orders to put pressure on Iran. Among these, Iranians were banned from entering the United States unless they oppose the Shiite Islamist regime or had a medical emergency. Here’s Jimmy “Hitler” Carter saying it back in 1980. Fourth, the Secretary of Treasury [State] and the Attorney General will invalidate all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States, effective today. We will not...
A month ago you guys were worshipping Putin now Carter?
So since carter isn't the worst president anymore. You are gonna go against him now?

You really don't get the point? EVEN Jimmy Carter banned Iranians from entering the country after Americans were taken hostage in Tehran. The point is that YOU GUYS say Carter was a great president (I think he was okay), and yet your only answer is to dodge the point by asking if Republicans now support Carter because EVEN he banned all Iranians except those who were already known to be pro-Shah.

A month ago you guys were worshipping Putin now Carter?
So since carter isn't the worst president anymore. You are gonna go against him now?

You really don't get the point? EVEN Jimmy Carter banned Iranians from entering the country after Americans were taken hostage in Tehran. The point is that YOU GUYS say Carter was a great president (I think he was okay), and yet your only answer is to dodge the point by asking if Republicans now support Carter because EVEN he banned all Iranians except those who were already known to be pro-Shah.
Actually I was being sarcastic, carter was the worse president till Obama came along.

And Trump's idea sucks.

It makes no sense.

That would be up to congress, I don't see it happening.

And Trump's idea sucks.

It makes no sense.

What is "temporary"? The cease fire in Korea was temporary. And it's been over 60 years.

Deflection doesn't become you.

And Trump's idea sucks.

It makes no sense.

Wow. And that will be swift and efficient, right? I can just see the thousands of petitions claiming "national need" going in front of bureaucrats.
This is like using a nuclear bomb to kill a wasps nest.

The system is already in place, it's called the H1-B visa program.

Forum List

Back