Reminder: Jimmy Carter banned all Iranians from entering US (Trump is correct ...again)

Iran = Country
Muslim = Religion

Now read your first amendment

the first amendment has nothing to do with it.

Looks like Congress is establishing religion in who they let in and who they keep out

The Pilgrims would be shocked

Weren't the pilgrims a bunch of racist? That is what I got told.

I do not believe that they could be honestly described a LIBERAL MINDED
people

Seems DemoRATS have a history of these sort of things!

Poor Richards News ^ | 12/08/15 | Poor Richard
This is just a reminder to all the liberal Democrats out there wringing their hands about Donald Trump’s latest comments. from Front Page: During the Iranian hostage crisis, Carter issued a number of orders to put pressure on Iran. Among these, Iranians were banned from entering the United States unless they oppose the Shiite Islamist regime or had a medical emergency. Here’s Jimmy “Hitler” Carter saying it back in 1980. Fourth, the Secretary of Treasury [State] and the Attorney General will invalidate all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States, effective today. We will not...

Wow, Vagasil, you come up with all sorts of desperate comparisons.

At the time, the Iranian Government was holding HOSTAGES.

In short, they were not honoring VISAs issued by the government of Iran.

Not comparable at all.
Yep your right,hostage taking compared to beheading burning or just shooting people,it is hard to compare the two.

Learn something?
I have learned that some people will honor the Constitution when it's convenient.
Foreigners are not covered by our constitution. Our constitution pro or texts AMERICANS and the American way of f life.
The Constitution pertains to anyone who is subject to American law.

Must keep strain of terrorist coming in.... Must keep gates open...more terrorist....
Must follow Constitution.

Must fight Muslim terrorists.

Must fight far reactionary terrorists.

And what of the folks your dear leader banned from coming to the country during the ebola epidemic, was he also being un-American, or was he trying to protect the American people against a known threat?

so you are comparing a religion to a disease?

while I agree religion is a mental disease, the comparison really doesn't hold up.

A threat is a threat, your dear leaders first obligation is to mitigate threats. Of course we should not be surprised, the dear leader told us many years ago where his loyalty lies.

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Like ISIS, I guess he is keeping his word.

This is just a reminder to all the liberal Democrats out there wringing their hands about Donald Trump’s latest comments. from Front Page: During the Iranian hostage crisis, Carter issued a number of orders to put pressure on Iran. Among these, Iranians were banned from entering the United States unless they oppose the Shiite Islamist regime or had a medical emergency. Here’s Jimmy “Hitler” Carter saying it back in 1980. Fourth, the Secretary of Treasury [State] and the Attorney General will invalidate all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States, effective today. We will not...

And there is nothing inappropriate for refusing entry citizens of a country.

There is something particularly inappropriate to refusing entry to persons because of their religion- whether they are Muslims, Jews or Christians.

And what of the folks your dear leader banned from coming to the country during the ebola epidemic, was he also being un-American, or was he trying to protect the American people against a known threat?

while I agree religion is a mental disease, the comparison really doesn't hold up.

A threat is a threat, your dear leaders first obligation is to mitigate threats. Of course we should not be surprised, the dear leader told us many years ago where his loyalty lies.

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

I guess like most Right Wing whacko's you are more than willing to lie in order to attack Obama

That quote is of course- as you know- a lie.

This one has hit the echo chamber.

If Carter allowed Christian Iranians in, but not Muslim Iranians....you'd have a point.

From the OP.

Among these, Iranians were banned from entering the United States unless they oppose the Shiite Islamist regime or had a medical emergency.

I guess he would allow Iranian Christians if they opposed the Shiite regime.

But this is the absolute first time the country of religious freedom, where people of a specific religion are banned from entering "the Land of the Free"!
Learn something:

CVvEjfHUkAAlLv4.jpg

Not a surprising claim from a racist anti-semite like you- since you live to spread hatred

Quotes from George Bush on Islam

• "Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace."

Remarks by the President on Eid Al-Fitr
    The Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
    December 5, 2002

• "Over the past month, Muslims have fasted, taking no food or water during daylight hours, in order to refocus their minds on faith and redirect their hearts to charity. Muslims worldwide have stretched out a hand of mercy to those in need. Charity tables at which the poor can break their fast line the streets of cities and towns. And gifts of food and clothing and money are distributed to ensure that all share in God's abundance. Muslims often invite members of other families to their evening iftar meals, demonstrating a spirit of tolerance."
    Remarks by the President on Eid Al-Fitr
    The Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
    December 5, 2002

• "America treasures the relationship we have with our many Muslim friends, and we respect the vibrant faith of Islam which inspires countless individuals to lead lives of honesty, integrity, and morality. This year, may Eid also be a time in which we recognize the values of progress, pluralism, and acceptance that bind us together as a Nation and a global community. By working together to advance mutual understanding, we point the way to a brighter future for all."
    Presidential Message Eid al-Fitr
    December 5, 2002

• "Islam brings hope and comfort to millions of people in my country, and to more than a billion people worldwide. Ramadan is also an occasion to remember that Islam gave birth to a rich civilization of learning that has benefited mankind."
    President's Eid al-Fitr Greeting to Muslims around the World
    December 4, 2002

• "Ours is a war not against a religion, not against the Muslim faith. But ours is a war against individuals who absolutely hate what America stands for, and hate the freedom of the Czech Republic. And therefore, we must work together to defend ourselves. And by remaining strong and united and tough, we'll prevail."
    Press Conference by President Bush and President Havel of Czech Republic
    Prague Castle, Prague, Czech Republic
    November 20, 2002

• "Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."
    Remarks by President George W. Bush in a statement to reporters during a meeting with U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan
    The Oval Office, Washington, DC
    November 13, 2002

• "We see in Islam a religion that traces its origins back to God's call on Abraham. We share your belief in God's justice, and your insistence on man's moral responsibility. We thank the many Muslim nations who stand with us against terror. Nations that are often victims of terror, themselves."
    President Hosts Iftaar Dinner
    Remarks by the President at Iftaar Dinner
    State Dining Room

• "Islam is a vibrant faith. Millions of our fellow citizens are Muslim. We respect the faith. We honor its traditions. Our enemy does not. Our enemy doesn't follow the great traditions of Islam. They've hijacked a great religion."
    Remarks by President George W. Bush on U.S. Humanitarian Aid to Afghanistan
    Presidential Hall, Dwight David Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Washington, D.C.
    October 11, 2002

• "Islam is a faith that brings comfort to people. It inspires them to lead lives based on honesty, and justice, and compassion."
    Remarks by President George W. Bush on U.S. Humanitarian Aid to Afghanistan
    Presidential Hall, Dwight David Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Washington, D.C.
    October 11, 2002

• "All Americans must recognize that the face of terror is not the true faith -- face of Islam. Islam is a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. It's a faith that has made brothers and sisters of every race. It's a faith based upon love, not hate."
    President George W. Bush Holds Roundtable with Arab and Muslim-American Leaders
    Afghanistan Embassy, Washington, D.C.
    September 10, 2002

If Carter allowed Christian Iranians in, but not Muslim Iranians....you'd have a point.

From the OP.

Among these, Iranians were banned from entering the United States unless they oppose the Shiite Islamist regime or had a medical emergency.

He would allow anyone who opposed the Shiite regime- Christian or Muslim, Shia or Sunni.

Carter imposed no religious test like Trump wants to impose.

When Carter banned Iranians did the Democrats and the press freak out? I'm beginning to wonder about Trump, its like he's leading these fools into one trap after another he could be smarter than I thought :laugh:

Reminds me of a famous Christian preacher- Father Coughlin- and how he felt about banning immigrants based upon religion

On December 18, 1938 two thousand of Coughlin's followers marched in New York protesting potential asylum law changes that would allow more Jews (including refugees from Hitler's persecution) into the US, chanting, "Send Jews back where they came from in leaky boats!" and "Wait until Hitler comes over here!" The protests continued for several months. Donald Warren, using information from the FBI and German government archives, has also argued that Coughlin received indirect funding from Nazi Germany during this period.[29]

When Carter banned Iranians did the Democrats and the press freak out? I'm beginning to wonder about Trump, its like he's leading these fools into one trap after another he could be smarter than I thought :laugh:

I am beginning to despair of my fellow Americans on the Far Right.

Is it some particular facet of education among the Far Right that they cannot distinguish discriminating against a person- for being Christian, Jewish or Muslim- and discriminating against a person from coming from a country the United States is in conflict with?

Gee, three people have started topics about Iranian refugees not being let in by Carter.

Coincidence? Or are they all drinking from the same piss cup? Ya think? What a brainless herd of gnus you Gnu Right tards are.

Reagan let in over 11,000 Iranian refugees, while Iran had terrorist training camps and was blowing up a Marine barracks and two of our embassies and funding Hamas and Hezbollah. That was the largest group of refugees Reagan took in during that period. Iranians. From our number one enemy.

And guess what? Not one of those Iranian refugees from the state sponsor of terror Iran blew any shit up! WOW!!!

I don't know who you quivering cowards are, but you sure as shit aren't Reagan Republicans, and you need to find whatever group of people took in all those pants shitting 70s and 80s liberals, because you have much more in common with them.

I guess like most Right Wing whacko's you are more than willing to lie in order to attack Obama

It appears you are some what correct, according to snopes it was paraphrased but the meaning is the same. Heres the quote in full context give by snopes.

In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Considering the quote was in direct relation to 9/11, I really don't think he was talking about Christians or Buddhist, but it couldn't have come form his book, which was published 6 years before 9/11. Snopes doesn't say where their quote came from.

Last edited:

From the OP.

He would allow anyone who opposed the Shiite regime- Christian or Muslim, Shia or Sunni.

Actually he want to ban all from the 33 countries where islamic extremest are thriving, temporarily, until a way to properly vet them is in place. But hey let's not let facts get in the way of a good story.

It appears you are some what correct, according to snopes it was paraphrased but the meaning is the same. Heres the quote in full context give by snopes.

In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Considering the quote was in direct relation to 9/11, I really don't think he was talking about Christians or Buddhist, but it couldn't have come form his book, which was published 6 years before 9/11. Snopes doesn't say where their quote came from.

.Coil of Rage
Oh I was not 'somewhat' correct- I was absolutely correct- the person who told you that was a quote by President Obama lied to you. The use of quotation marks means the person wanted you to believe those were Obama's actual words. And you did.

And the meaning is far from the same- not a word about 'standing with Muslims'- but standing with Americans- who happen to be Arab or Pakistani- regardless of their religion(you do realize that many Arab refugees in the United States are Christians- right?)- if their rights are threatened.

Where did the erroneous quote come from? Well who would want to lie and claim that Obama had said that- calling it a quotation- and expect that people would not bother to check?

Oh and Audacity of Hope- published 2006.

From the OP.

Actually he want to ban all from the 33 countries where islamic extremest are thriving, temporarily, until a way to properly vet them is in place. But hey let's not let facts get in the way of a good story.

Carter or Trump?

Feel free to provide a citation- since as I pointed out- your last claim wasn't exactly factual.

OKTexas is telling lies, period. His confirmation bias may actually mean he believes that shit.

Forum List

Back