Rep. Ellison Calls Hannity 'Worst Excuse For a Journalist I've Ever Seen'

For regular readers of the Daily Caller and The Blaze and the Washington Times and CNS News and World News Daily and Investors.com, I realize that objective reporting is something alien and unfathomable to them.

Well, they can't all have the objectivity of Dan Rather, Chris Matthews, The NY Times, or Common Dreams..

You will never find what you are not looking for. That does not make it as elusive as unicorns.

That explains why you never find anything amiss among what are nothing more than the propaganda arm of the democratic party.

Hannity.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is as good a thread as any to share this.

:)

Why don't we just ask Hannity himself?

...and the answer is:

"Mr. Gibbs, I'm a journalist who interviews people who I disagree with all the time, that give their opinion. Fox has all points of view."

Now you 'nuts can call Hannity an idiot for calling Hannity a journalist.

lol

Obama Campaign Defends William Ayers Relationship | Fox News

Or us non-nuts can simply reject the Hannity self-description that is clearly inaccurate.

Unless you want to define "journalist" to include the entertainment shows which feature his commentary.

:eusa_whistle:

I've already proven that Hannity fits the description of an advocacy journalist. Do I need to do that over again?

you proved nothing.

He is not an advocacy journalist.

He does not investigate the news nor does he write the stories.

He comments on them with his own spin.

He is a Conservative Commentator.

The response was to the individual that cannot distinguish politics from hatred.

What is your opinion of those that met behind closed doors on inauguration of President Obama's firs election?
Their soul job was to make President Obama a one term president?

Hannity is a paid employee of Fox. He has a respoinsibility to his audience...his ratings....nothing more.
Ellison is an elected lawmaker. He has a responsibility to his constituants and our country overall.

Hannity acted in a way that his audience likely applauded. Whether you like him or not is irrelevant. You have the right to turn him off if you prefer.

We are all subject to Ellison. He has a responsibility to act maturely and professionally. He has a repsonsibility to represent his elected position with integrity.

He did not.

And anyone on the left who supports his actions are not concerned about their country. They simply want to "win".
That's called politics. I'm sure there were secret meetings who's purpose was to make George W Bush, bill clinton George H W Bush and Ronald W Reagan 1 term Presidents as well

Bullshit. I read fine. I just reject your false provisos.

A political commentator comments and very often does take sides in the process.

"Journalists" are the ones who are supposed to abstain from being partisans.

Commentators, comment; they don't advocate. Once a person crosses the line from commenting to taking sides, they are no longer merely commentators, whether you like it or not.

Hannity doesn't just cross the line. He didn't even just jump over it. Hannity pole vaulted over that line years ago for a big paycheck. If he HAD been a journalist at that time, he would have effectively sold out his journalistic objectivity and professional ethos for money. But since he never had any journalistic credibility to begin with, Hannity is merely a hired gun doing the bidding of his masters who pay him to shill for one side against the other.

Wrong. Commentators comment and that MAY certainly include advocacy.

You have the notion of "journalist" conflated with "political commentator."

No, journalists are engaged in disseminating the news. They follow the story where it leads. A commentator comments on the news. And a political commentator comments on political news. He doesn't advocate. See how that works?

Think about it in terms of a sports commentator. He does NOT take one team's side in the game. That would make him a fan. And once the sports commentator's objectivity (at least his outward objectivity) is gone regarding everything from whether penalties were committed by one team or another or whether the necessary yardage was gained to achieve a first down, his previous ability to perform his job is gone because his objectivity can no longer be assumed as a given.

Last edited:
Why don't we just ask Hannity himself?

...and the answer is:

"Mr. Gibbs, I'm a journalist who interviews people who I disagree with all the time, that give their opinion. Fox has all points of view."

Now you 'nuts can call Hannity an idiot for calling Hannity a journalist.

lol

Obama Campaign Defends William Ayers Relationship | Fox News

Or us non-nuts can simply reject the Hannity self-description that is clearly inaccurate.

Unless you want to define "journalist" to include the entertainment shows which feature his commentary.

:eusa_whistle:

I've already proven that Hannity fits the description of an advocacy journalist. Do I need to do that over again?

As noted, you have proved no such thing.

He is a commentator.

To whatever extent you want to pretend that Hannity is a "journalist," that only establishes that you are another liberal for whom words have no fixed meaning.

Commentators, comment; they don't advocate. Once a person crosses the line from commenting to taking sides, they are no longer merely commentators, whether you like it or not.

Hannity doesn't just cross the line. He didn't even just jump over it. Hannity pole vaulted over that line years ago for a big paycheck. If he HAD been a journalist at that time, he would have effectively sold out his journalistic objectivity and professional ethos for money. But since he never had any journalistic credibility to begin with, Hannity is merely a hired gun doing the bidding of his masters who pay him to shill for one side against the other.

Wrong. Commentators comment and that MAY certainly include advocacy.

You have the notion of "journalist" conflated with "political commentator."

No, journalists are engaged in disseminating the news. They follow the story where it leads. A commentator comments on the new. And a political commentator comments on political news. He doesn't advocate. See how that works?

Think about it in terms of a sports commentator. He does NOT take one team's side in the game. That would make him a fan. And once the sports commentator's objectivity (at least his outward objectivity) is gone regarding everything from whether penalties were committed by one team or another or whether the necessary yardage was gained to achieve a first down, his previous ability to perform his job is gone because his objectivity can no longer be assumed as a given.

I see that YOU refuse to contemplate what "commentary" entails.

If a reporter reports some facts of a story and says "the gas tank exploded" the commentator might add: "and the explosion was fiery and large and loud and hot." He might even say that it was really hot.

On the other hand, he MIGHT just say something like, "and the cause of the fire was found to be negligence and that kind of negligence is inexcusable." Holy shit. He stated and opinion, but guess what? It's STILL a comment.

See how THAT works?

Edward R. Murrow was a reporter. At some points he crossed over into commentary. For example, in one piece of his famed commentary on McCarthy he asked "Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last?"

That was political commentary, but if you think it wasn't also advocacy, then I would like to sell you a fine bridge in the Borough of Kings in the City of New York.

Last edited:
You didn't 'hear' it ^^^ either.​
Fess up, you didn't read or watch the video.

his behavior was "deplorable"? :eusa_hand:

it isn't as if respectable citizens watch that show anyway. It's a step below the Jerry Springer show. If people are foolish enough to tune in, they can expect a circus. Who cares?

Obviously you care or you wouldn't have commented.

What is the Jerry Springer show?

It is a daytime television show where primarily black women try to determine which guy is the father of any of their children. Oh no that's the Maury show. Jerry Springer is the show where primarily black men and women bring new lovers onstage to confront outgoing lovers.

For the 100th time. Hannity is not a journalist. He is an entertainer. There haven't been any real 'journalists' for about 20 years.

A friend of mine who is in network television news in Phila said that Fox Noise would have the FCC all over them for continual violations but since they are cable they do not fall under the same guidelines. That's why you have bombastic pontificating on these "news" shows and that goes for all of them, not just Fox. But Fox totally sucks.

He is as much a journalist as Chris Matthews, or anybody on the left. Fox and MSNBC are good for nothing more than entertainment. And if Ellison thought so little of Hannity's journalism why did he bother going on the show? If his purpose was to make a point then Hannity was right. He was a waste of time.

Hannity is an opinion guy. He's not a journalist. One would think a fucking Congressman would know the difference.

Of course I'm sure he was glad for the facetime on Hannity's show regardless of what he thought of Hannity's journalistic prowess.

The Congressmans an idiot.

That's the problem here. We have a bunch of people in Congress who are complete idiots.

Congressman Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) had an amazingly heated discussion with Fox News's Sean Hannity Tuesday evening.

At the beginning of the six-minute slugfest, Ellison called his host "the worst excuse for a journalist I've ever seen" leading to a truly ugly encounter that culminated in Hannity ending the interview by saying to his guest, "You are a total waste of time" (video follows with rough transcript and commentary):

Read more: Rep. Ellison Calls Hannity 'Worst Excuse For a Journalist I've Ever Seen'; Hannity Calls Him 'Waste of Time' | NewsBusters

Ellison appeared to come on the air ready for a fight. He ended up looking childish.
I cannot believe the taxpayers of the US are actually paying in excess of $300,000 per year for this guy's wages benefits and pension.

Congressman Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) had an amazingly heated discussion with Fox News's Sean Hannity Tuesday evening.

At the beginning of the six-minute slugfest, Ellison called his host "the worst excuse for a journalist I've ever seen" leading to a truly ugly encounter that culminated in Hannity ending the interview by saying to his guest, "You are a total waste of time" (video follows with rough transcript and commentary):

Read more: Rep. Ellison Calls Hannity 'Worst Excuse For a Journalist I've Ever Seen'; Hannity Calls Him 'Waste of Time' | NewsBusters

I've never heard of a journalist storming out of his own interview. Hillarious! :clap2:

Would you as a host put up that nonsense?

^^^^^ Nails it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ellison planned on going off on Hannity.

Partisan media blabbers = Division Pimps, part of the problem

Except Matthews actually worked in Washington and knows what he talking about.

Hannity? He's a college drop out that's solely done radio and tv.

He didn't even "write" the books he authored.

The point is Mattews is just as biased a commentator as Hannity is.

Anyone appearing on the FOX or MSDNC shows should know going in what they're getting in to.

Matthews is biased. He's a pundit.

But it's funny when he was hypercritical of Clinton, conservatives loved the guy.

In any case..Matthews gets it right most of the time. And his analysis is spot on..even if you don't like him.

Hannity? Makes shit up.

Except Matthews actually worked in Washington and knows what he talking about.

Hannity? He's a college drop out that's solely done radio and tv.

He didn't even "write" the books he authored.

The point is Mattews is just as biased a commentator as Hannity is.

Anyone appearing on the FOX or MSDNC shows should know going in what they're getting in to.

But it's funny when he was hypercritical of Clinton, conservatives loved the guy.

In any case..Matthews gets it right most of the time. And his analysis is spot on..even if you don't like him.

Hannity? Makes shit up.

Hannity can be an asshole. But to say that he makes shit up and to argue that Matthews gets stuff right is just so fucking delusional that all I can do is laugh at you.

Some more.

Hannity? Makes shit up.

I've never seen anyone not on the far left praise Matthews. Matthews feeds your confirmation bias, so you praise him. It doesn't make him fair or balanced, it just reveals you as a mental midget.

Oh, and the only making shit up, is you.

Forum List

Back