Reparations Poll - vote for or against

Do you support or oppose "reparations"

• Support

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Oppose

Votes: 105 93.8%

• Total voters
Reparations come up in political discourse every so often for the past 30 years. Each time, people on the left get all giddy for a week and then the topic disappears into thin air. Every so often, the DUMS maneuver to stir up the base by throwing the fringe a bone.....it'd never be a part in any DUM presidential nominee platform because it means an electoral landslide for the GOP guy.

:bigbed::bigbed:

Republicans make the same rant every election cycle

Democrats are going to take your guns
Democrats want you to pay reparations
We will ban abortion

Every election cycle we have some democrats trotting out the "free money" promise to supporters via "reparations". Any type of "reparations" have zero chance of becoming Law. The 2020 elections cycle is heating up and Kamala and Warren both support reparations.
Reparations for Slavery: Symbolism over Substance | National Review
Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren reportedly say they support reparations for black Americans affected by slavery

This is what reparations could actually look like in America

Reparations for Slavery Reading - Constitutional Rights Foundation

Rep. John Conyers hopes Americans are finally ready to talk about reparations

For Native Americans only?

Yes, anyone else NO!

It was the host's suggestion and Kamala agreed, and doubled down on it with the NY Times.

She didn't"double down on it and she NEVER mentioned reparation PAYMENTS

STOP playing the race card. It's obvious you want to rile up the racists...again...being kind...

You can make reparations in ways other than direct payments.
OK. What would they be? Would they only benefit black folks?

Has Harris supported them?
She is talking about investing in the black community. She said that explicitly. If it is done because the black community has been wronged then that would be a reparation.
WHat she did NOT say was that it would be exclusive to black communities
I think she did. There is nothing wrong with it either.

It looks like the Left is going to ignore the fact that top-level presidential candidates on are board.

It will be interesting to see if they wake up and realize the party is getting away from them, and if so, how they react.
Getting away from them? There is nothing new here.

It looks like the Left is going to ignore the fact that top-level presidential candidates on are board. It will be interesting to see if they wake up and realize the party is getting away from them, and if so, how they react.
There is much new in the party, as it continues to move left.

It looks like the Left is going to ignore the fact that top-level presidential candidates on are board. It will be interesting to see if they wake up and realize the party is getting away from them, and if so, how they react.
There is much new in the party, as it continues to move left.
Nothing new in relation to this thread.

Which are a FORM of payments retard.

That would go to ANYONE.

What they are NOT...are checks written to black folks as reparations.

And again. This is not a policy that Harris has proposed...or is promoting. She answered a general question in a general way.

YOU folks want to make this some huge racial issue.

Why would that be?

That would go to ANYONE.

anyone?

no criteria?

Klan members would benefit?

People arriving after the end of the Civil War would benefit?
Not based on skin color...but rather economics.

Trying to be dishonestly "cute"?

Trying to be dishonestly "cute"?

I leave that to idiots like you.

Reparations for WHAT?

Being picked last for little league softball?

Then you're engaging in mind reading because she didn't say that.

Maybe you can flesh it out by looking for actual policy positions she has taken...ya know aside from a two second exchange in an interview

If liberalfilth had any historical literacy they would know that EVERY group of people on this planet went through brutal hardship and oppression in the past at some point or another. According to my parents' years of geneology research, I'm a "plastic paddy." So when is England going to give me a bunch of free money for the horrors they inflicted on my Irish ancestors for 800 years - much, MUCH worse than the black crybabies went through in America?

Every election cycle we have some democrats trotting out the "free money" promise to supporters via "reparations". Any type of "reparations" have zero chance of becoming Law. The 2020 elections cycle is heating up and Kamala and Warren both support reparations.
Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren reportedly say they support reparations for black Americans affected by slavery

Every election cycle the reprehensible right contrives ridiculous lies about Democrats – this thread being one of many examples.
here is something that aint a lie jones....your are to afraid to defend the shit you put up.....go ahead prove me wrong....
This thread is an example.

NO Presidential candidates are talking about reparation payments. In fact they are simply responding to QUESTIONS.

As has been admitted previously by numerous posters...Republicans are trying to conflate some fuzzy "affirmative action" nonsense with reparation PAYMENTS.

That's false and dishonest
and what the hell has that got to do with what i said about no reply jones?...

I think reparations should be paid to blacks whose ancestors were slaves.

I think it is a retarded notion, proposed by those who would use the power of the state to steal more than they already do from the productive part of society to buy votes from the parasites.

NO Presidential candidates are talking about reparation payments. In fact they are simply responding to QUESTIONS.

As has been admitted previously by numerous posters...Republicans are trying to conflate some fuzzy "affirmative action" nonsense with reparation PAYMENTS.

That's false and dishonest

I repeat.

False and dishonest
Oh I get it, anything less than putting an actual Bill on the floor is a cover for your excuse....got it
Not only are they not putting a bill on the floor, they are not even talking about this subject you find so alarming except to answer a question. And they AREN’T saying anything Like what you suggest. Stop trying to play the race card.

And since we’re calling names, you’re a racist piece of shit
how is what he said racist?....are you having problems with the meaning of that word too?..

Then you're engaging in mind reading because she didn't say that.

Maybe you can flesh it out by looking for actual policy positions she has taken...ya know aside from a two second exchange in an interview
That interview is the point of this discussion. And she did say that she was for making investment in the black community to help that community catch up (reparations).

I'm sorry if you can't accept that.

It is true that she has no policy positions that would support her rhetoric. She is a politician after all.

Of course it was Democrats that had the slaves, fought to keep the slaves, and then harassed the free blacks once slavery was abolished. So a $1000 per year TAX on any Democrat voter to help those poor blacks that just dont have a chance to make it in America. What do you think?

I think the North paid the price to free the slaves with blood and so it only makes sense for the Southerners to cough up the dough.

I believe Blacks today do suffer from the lingering effects of slavery and Jim Crow. The are the only group that was stripped of their language, culture, and family structure in America. I have no problem with giving those that need it, a helping hand. If reparations means cash, I'm against it. If it means ensuring schools in poor neighborhoods have the resources to provide a good education, count me in. If it means some level of health care for every citizen, count me in. If it means providing jobs for those that struggle to find and keep jobs, count me in.
The are the only group that was stripped of their language, culture, and family structure in America.
you ever hear of the American Indians?....

That interview is the point of this discussion. And she did say that she was for making investment in the black community to help that community catch up (reparations).

I'm sorry if you can't accept that.

It is true that she has no policy positions that would support her rhetoric. She is a politician after all.

You're repeating yourself. I stand by what I said

"Then you're engaging in mind reading because she didn't say that.

Maybe you can flesh it out by looking for actual policy positions she has taken...ya know aside from a two second exchange in an interview"

Here...let me help you.Kamala Harris on the Issues

Noth there?

Oh...

Forum List

Back