Reparations Poll - vote for or against

Do you support or oppose "reparations"

• Support

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Oppose

Votes: 105 93.8%

• Total voters
That interview is the point of this discussion. And she did say that she was for making investment in the black community to help that community catch up (reparations).

I'm sorry if you can't accept that.

It is true that she has no policy positions that would support her rhetoric. She is a politician after all.

You're repeating yourself. I stand by what I said

"Then you're engaging in mind reading because she didn't say that.

Maybe you can flesh it out by looking for actual policy positions she has taken...ya know aside from a two second exchange in an interview"
If you are talking about Kamala Harris... Yes she did.. She beat around the bush but at the end the guys asked, so you support reparations. And she said yes

-Geaux

That interview is the point of this discussion. And she did say that she was for making investment in the black community to help that community catch up (reparations).

I'm sorry if you can't accept that.

It is true that she has no policy positions that would support her rhetoric. She is a politician after all.

Maybe you can flesh it out by looking for actual policy positions she has taken...ya know aside from a two second exchange in an interview"
I repeat myself because she did say it. She singled out the black community for reparations.

Read the thread. Already addressed,

No mention of reparation payments

I repeat myself because she did say it. She singled out the black community for reparations.

Here...let me help you.Kamala Harris on the Issues

Of course it was Democrats that had the slaves, fought to keep the slaves, and then harassed the free blacks once slavery was abolished. So a $1000 per year TAX on any Democrat voter to help those poor blacks that just dont have a chance to make it in America. What do you think?

I think the North paid the price to free the slaves with blood and so it only makes sense for the Southerners to cough up the dough.
I think because of affirmative action and quotas any second half baby boomer males who were denied jobs in the 1970's and through the 1980's should get reparations.

I thought reparations are being paid since President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed welfare and food stamps into law.

-Geaux

I thought reparations are being paid since President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed welfare and food stamps into law.

-Geaux
You thought wrong since none of those programs are race based but rather ECONOMICS based

And that's what's wrong with this thread.

Read through it.

Most of the debate stems from erroneous claims that cash payments might be paid to black folks and that's just flat out WRONG

-Geaux

Do away with SNAP so we can all sit back and watch blue state cities burn.
Meanwhile, red states will figure out how to feed their poor. If you're hungry, I'll feed you. It's the neighborly thing to do.
We'll all discover what true tribalism is.

-Geaux

Meanwhile, red states will figure out how to feed their poor. If you're hungry, I'll feed you. It's the neighborly thing to do.

Red States have relied on government handouts for generations. Red States have never figured out how to feed their poor

-Geaux

Red States have relied on government handouts for generations. Red States have never figured out how to feed their poor

You live in a sewer. You know nothing about this.

Tehon said:
“I’m serious about taking an approach that would change policies and structures and make real investments in black communities.”
OK
You've Got One That Implies Something Else
Put It On A Wall And Frame It

Has She A Plan ??
Or This Is Just Talk On A Talk Show

Every election cycle we have some democrats trotting out the "free money" promise to supporters via "reparations". Any type of "reparations" have zero chance of becoming Law. The 2020 elections cycle is heating up and Kamala and Warren both support reparations.
Reparations for Slavery: Symbolism over Substance | National Review
Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren reportedly say they support reparations for black Americans affected by slavery

This is what reparations could actually look like in America

Reparations for Slavery Reading - Constitutional Rights Foundation

Rep. John Conyers hopes Americans are finally ready to talk about reparations
I believe Blacks today do suffer from the lingering effects of slavery and Jim Crow. The are the only group that was stripped of their language, culture, and family structure in America. I have no problem with giving those that need it, a helping hand. If reparations means cash, I'm against it. If it means ensuring schools in poor neighborhoods have the resources to provide a good education, count me in. If it means some level of health care for every citizen, count me in. If it means providing jobs for those that struggle to find and keep jobs, count me in.
The are the only group that was stripped of their language, culture, and family structure in America.
you ever hear of the American Indians?....
Good point and it points to the similar problems in both communities.

Tehon said:
“I’m serious about taking an approach that would change policies and structures and make real investments in black communities.”
OK
You've Got One That Implies Something Else
Put It On A Wall And Frame It

Has She A Plan ??
Or This Is Just Talk On A Talk Show
It's talk on a talk show. She appears to have no plan. Just a preference.

The op is being disingenuous when he says that the democrats trot them out, but she did show support for reparations.

Tehon said:
It's talk on a talk show. She appears to have no plan. Just a preference.
Although She Should Of Had
A Generalized Idea To Work From

I'm Going To Be Patient
And See How She Develops

Forum List

Back